Official 2010 Sprinter Tour Thread

SprinterScout

National Park Explorer
Hello Sprinter Fans!

SprinterTour.com.jpg

As you may or may not already know, Rob & Jan have embarked on the trip of a lifetime. On this journey, they will be exploring 50 of America's National Parks as they cover over 20565 Miles in 217 Days. They will also be hitting the open road in an RV... an RV that you all should be very familiar with. Their hope is that you'll follow along and be inspired to get up and get outside now, as opposed to waiting years like they did. And, for those who wish, but are unable to do, Rob and Jan hope their journey becomes yours.

businessgypsy

Curiosity fed the dog
Wonderful! Exactly the opposite of the stealth travels a lot of us engage in. I start June 25th on a winding diagonal trip from SW Florida to NW Oregon. I'll keep tabs and zoom in if you're within striking distance, first beer's on me.

Safe Journeys and Happy Trails, Dean

clark

Sounds like fun! We are hitting 7 parks this summer. If we had 217 days I'd try to hit them all!

Clark

PS. Why are you talking in the 3rd person? Someone posting for you?

autostaretx

Erratic Member
I met them in the parking lot of the Great Basin National Park in Baker Nevada on roughly May 20th.
They're empty-nesters who put together a package plan for the trip and presented it to MB/Airstream.
Talk about hitting paydirt... :clapping:

After they'd driven off, i realized i hadn't asked one question: what's in the hitch-mounted bustle?
(not shown in the photo in this thread, but visible in some of their site photos)

--dick

SprinterScout

National Park Explorer
So Glad to hear from you all! Sprinter Fans are so outgoing!

Dean – Great to hear that Dean! Enjoy your trip and safe travels to you as well. Just keep tabs on rob and Jan via Facebook or Twitter and send them a message if you are close enough for a meet-up! They will certainly get back with you!

Sikwan – We hope you can do this one day too! But in the meantime, experience it through Rob and Jan’s trip. Then you’ll know exactly which parks are on your “must-see” list.

Clark - I’m actually a SprinterScout for Rob and Jan. I love hiking and the outdoors and try to get the word out about the Sprinter Tour to all you Sprinter-fans! I also try to grab as much news as I can about the up-coming parks on the Sprinter Tour. If you know anything about any of them, give Rob and Jan a shout on Facebook or Twitter. They will respond back to you!

Escape Pod – Actually, There is a blogger who just interviewed Rob and Jan and asked them this exact question. I’ll post the interview when he does!

Dick - You can still ask them you question! Just hit them up on facebook or twitter.

Sonja – Cool Travel Calender! You can see where Rob and Jan are headed next on their website. If you guys are close, give them a shout to arrange a meet-up!

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Just to clarify: i (and anyone who doesn't want to actually "join" facebook or twitter) can still -follow- their blogs/threads/posts/tweet-logs on Facebook and Twitter, we simply can't post entries, "atta-boy"s and questions without joining.
Merely follow the links in SprinterScout's signature block

have fun following
--dick

wayneskid

What an awesome trip! :clapping: Is there an approximate timeline and route map for the trip that we can see. I live in Anchorage and would love to say hi as they pass through. At least while they are here there will be at least two Interstates in AK. I haven't seen another one yet.

Wayne

SprinterScout

National Park Explorer
Hey Guys!

Alex - Thanks for the SprinterTour Kudos! Currently, those are the largest photos you can find for the most part. You can find a few larger photos on their picassa page... http://picasaweb.google.com/sprintertour. The problem is, Rob and Jan are so busy traveling, they don't have the time or internet bandwidth to upload full-resolution photos. But they will begin to filter in shortly when the get a second.

Wayneskid - Awesome trip indeed! You'll have to ask that question to Rob and Jan yourself! I know they are headed up to AL sometime in the beginning of August... Just write to them via Facebook or twitter (Check out my signature for links!) I've never been to Alaska, so I'm really looking forward to seeing our Northern Most state through their lens!

Spread the Sprinter Tour Word! Rob and Jan love meet-ups and they are hitting a good number of states along their journey!

SprinterScout

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Spread the Sprinter Tour Word! Rob and Jan love meet-ups and they are hitting a good number of states along their journey!
It would help if they had some (even vaguely) planned dates for some of their arrivals on their primary website.
I'd be happy to see them (again) at one (or more) of the three parks they're hitting in Washington State,
but i haven't a clue as to when (even nearest week) they're thinking they might get here.

have fun
--dick
p.s. SprinterScout: what are -you- driving? (or are you scouting "remotely"?)

SprinterScout

National Park Explorer
That's a good suggestion Dick! We (on the technology side) are doing small updates to the site little by little... for instance, now you can see the photo trip tab on the site to get a visual of where they've been. Cool stuff!

Washington State... Mount Rainier National Park, Olympic National Park and North Cascades National Park – Looks like they will hit those parks Mid-July to End-of-July. Since you don't use facebook or twitter, just forward your meet-up message to me and I'll forward your message to Rob and Jan!

And as a SprinterScout, I'm not physically on the trip. I am merely reaching out to communities of Nature, RV, National Park, Outdoor and Sprinter Enthusiasts, trying to get the word out that Rob and Jan are on this amazing trip so that people can share the experience. Hopefully it will inspire them to get outside and explore the wonders in our own back yard. Obviously, Rob and Jan are super busy day-to-day hiking, driving, blogging, taking pictures, etc. so they don't have the time to do everything. Plus their internet connections aren't ideal. That's were we come in!

Sprinter Scout

Top Bottom