PDA

View Full Version : SprinterFEST EAST - It's ON!!! Save the Date: Saturday, July 31, 2010

Ivessm
05-21-2010, 07:18 PM
Save the date...

Yes, the right coast is catching up the left coast here in our first SprinterFEST EAST event to be held:

When: Saturday, July 31, 2010
Hours: 10am - 4pm

Where: Sun Motor Cars - Mercedes Benz
·6677 Carlisle Pike
·Mechanicsburg, PA 17050

In the back parking lot (It's a BIG parking lot)

We will be setting up a schedule of events for the day with technical presentations by a couple of Sprinter owners. Also a tour of the Sun Motor Cars maintenance facility along with the separate Sprinter certified collision repair facility. Sun Motor Cars has a VAST facility here that includes Mercedes, Porsche, BMW, Audi, etc. Their facility is not measured in square feet but rather in acres!!

More info to come along with an online registration page so we can get some idea of how many Sprinter owners will be attending.

If you have any direct questions or want to volunteer to help you can contact me OFF LIST at < ivessm at softecusa dot com >

Save the data - Saturday, July 31, 2010.

See you there...

OrioN
05-21-2010, 07:39 PM
.... will they be serving pie?

Chandlerazman
05-22-2010, 12:07 AM
Orion, You are the road hoar of the Sprinter forum! That is, you are lucky enough to be anywhere you want to be. What a life. I gotta go clean my yard in the 100º heat...

Ivessm
05-22-2010, 01:05 PM
Orion, only if you bring it with you. You can pickup some great Amish pies locally and we will help you eat them.

Sean asked if there will be overnight parking available. My response was...

Sean,

This was just a "Save the Date" announcement but now that you bring it up, YES. There will be overnight parking available for both Friday night for those early arrivals and on Saturday night for those that just can't get enough of Sprinter talk during the day. It will be in the back parking lot of Sun Motor Cars, the same place we will hold the SprinterFEST EAST event.

This will be dry camping only. No electric, no water, no dump station. There might be a porta-john for you to use.

As to dinner Saturday night, depending on the wishes of those sticking around, I had planned on everyone going down the road to Old Country Buffet. Lots of good food, buffet style so there is no ordering and waiting for your food. Great salad bar, drinks and desert is included and I think it's around $10/head. We can group tables together or if we get a number of us going I'll reserve the back room for us. It makes sitting, eating, and sharing, easy. I have a passenger Sprinter that can carry 10 so most of you can leave your rig parked at Sun Motors.

We are right local to Gettysburg and Hershey so there is plenty to see on Saturday after the event and on Sunday as well.

http://www.hersheys.com/
http://www.hersheypark.com/

http://www.gettysburgfoundation.org/

Save the date - SprinterFEST EAST - It's ON!!! Save the Date: Saturday, July 31, 2010

Hope this helps.

stew

Scott_Mc
05-22-2010, 01:11 PM
Sounds like fun! I just may have to find a car out that way to tow home with me:smilewink:

Ivessm
05-25-2010, 02:35 PM
Okay, Although this is still about 2 months off I'm getting more excited every day.

To help us get a feel as to how many Sprinter enthusiasts will be showing up at the SprinterFest EAST event we have put together a simple registration form for you to fill out. You can find the form at:

http://www.softecusa.com/sprinter.html

Go ahead and register, even if there is the slightest possibility you will attend, go ahead and register. This will help us greatly in planning the event.

We will be coming out with an events schedule for the day as plans move ahead. If anyone has ideas of what they want to see/hear/touch at the event please let us know.

Good luck.

stew

> SprinterFest EAST
> Saturday, July 31, 2010
> 10am - 4pm (or longer)
> Overnight parking available Fri & Sat Night
> Sun Motor Cars
> 6677 Carlisle Pike
> Mechanicsburg, PA 17050
> Online registration: http://www.softecusa.com/sprinter.html

unimog
05-25-2010, 05:22 PM
Count me in since we are close by in northern Maryland

Ivessm
05-28-2010, 01:00 PM
Weekly Update: May 28, 2010

First may you all have a great Memorial Day weekend and don't forget to pause and thank those who have served, are serving, and will serve, in the armed forces of this great country of ours.

Plans are moving ahead on the first East Coast:

>> SprinterFest EAST
> > Saturday, July 31, 2010
> > 10am - 4pm (or longer)
> > Overnight parking available Fri & Sat Night
> > Sun Motor Cars
> > 6677 Carlisle Pike
> > Mechanicsburg, PA 17050

Don't miss the online registration at: http://www.softecusa.com/sprinter.html

Please pass this information along to anyone who owns a Sprinter or is thinking about buying a Sprinter in the future. There will be plenty of Sprinters to look at from commercial upfitted units to great DIY units from owners who will be more than willing to "talk you ears off" (my wife's words, not mine). Also I'm sure we will have lots of tech info on the proper care and feeding of your Sprinter to insure it stays healty and ready to serve when called.

If anyone would like to suggest topics of interest or volunteer to help please let me know. You can address me off list via >> ivessm at softecusa dot com.

Thanks and have a great and well deserved Memorial Day weekend.

Good luck.

stew

Ivessm
06-08-2010, 05:02 AM
Hello all Sprinter owners...

Yes, we only have 7 Weeks and 5 days to go until the first (hopefully annual) SprinterFest EAST event at Sun Motor Cars, Mechanicsburg, PA.

Right now we have 17 Sprinter owners signed up for this great event and we expect many many more to sign up as the event gets closer.

We are planning a few tech sessions at the event but we don't want to cut into your time to talk and meet with fellow Sprinter owners and DIY Sprinter owners. You are going to see a multitude of different Sprinter setups and DIY configurations that you only dreamed of. Also you are going to be able to talk with those who have already done what you have only been thinking of. What a great opportunity.

Well, I'll keep you informed as the date gets nearer. Pass this email along to anyone else who might be interested in attending. It doesn't matter if they own a Sprinter or not, the more the merrier.

Feel free to contact me with any questions you might have.

Here is a breakdown of the parts of the country the attendees have signed up from:

New Cumberland, PA, USA
Mechanivcsburg, PA, USA
Tualatin OR, USA
Philadelphia, PA, USA
Myersville, MD, USA
Urbanna, VA, USA
Flemington, NJ, USA
Lancaster, PA, USA
Monroe, MI, USA
Fort Myers, FL, USA
Tarrytown, NY, USA
Avon, NC, USA
Saint Lambert, CANADA
Durham, NH, USA
Toronto, CANADA
Highland Hts, OH, USA
Shelburne, VT, USA

< Pass it on.... Save the date...
< SprinterFest EAST
< Saturday, July 31, 2010
< 10am - 4pm (or longer)
< Overnight parking available Fri & Sat Night
< Sun Motor Cars
< 6677 Carlisle Pike
< Mechanicsburg, PA 17050
< Signup at http://www.softecusa.com/sprinter.html

Ivessm
06-25-2010, 12:45 AM
Time marches on....

Only 5 weeks and 2 days till the first SprinterFest EAST event being sponsored by Sun Motor Cars, 6677 Carlisle Pike, Mechanicsburg, PA 17050. I've been overwhelmed with the response for our first event. We will have a couple of tech sessions, a good lunch, and tour of the garage facilities at Sun Motor Cars as well as their certified Sprinter Collision Center.

Don't worry, we are going to have plenty of time to just kick the tires and look at a whole parking lot full of everyone's Sprinter from the unmodified, DIY and custom builds to the fancy commercial units. You can't miss this event if you are even the least bit interested in Sprinters. There is some much to gain from seeing and talking to someone who has already done a custom build or modification that you are just thinking about. Don't forget to bring your camera and get plenty of pictures. Remember, a picture is worth a thousand words.

And believe it or not, John from the Sprinterstore.com (AKA Upscale Automotive) is driving all the way from Portland Oregon so if you think it's a long drive for you to make it to the SprinterFest EAST event just think of John and his trip. If there is a prize for the one who drove the most miles to attend the SprinterFest EAST event I'm certain that John will win. I'm sure John will be part of the tech sessions especially in talking about suspension modifications. I wonder if John will bring his 4WD Sprinter?

So, save the date... Don't be late...

< SprinterFest EAST
< 10am - 4pm (or longer)
< Sun Motor Cars
< 6677 Carlisle Pike
< Signup at http://www.softecusa.com/sprinter.html

For those campers amoung you, Fred, from Highland Hts, OH, has made reservation at a local camp ground for Friday and Saturday night (we will have dry camping available in the parking lot of Sun Motor Cars, ps.. it's a big, no huge parking lot). Here is the link Fred provided if anyone is intested.

\\Quote:
I made a reservation at Western Village RV park for the Friday and Saturday night of SprinterFest. They are about 12 miles east of Sun Motor Cars and have full hookup sites for $33/night.

You might want to tell others who are coming in case they want more than a parking lot for the nights. The web site is www.westernvillagervpark.com
\\EndQuote

So, see you there.

stew

Ivessm
07-12-2010, 02:40 PM
>>> 2 WEEKS 5 DAYS
>>> 2 WEEKS 5 DAYS

Yes, only 2 weeks and 5 days till the first SprinterFest EAST, yes, only 2
weeks and a short 5 days away. Here's the info:

So, save the date... Don't be late...

< SprinterFest EAST
< 10am - 4pm (or longer)
< Sun Motor Cars
< 6677 Carlisle Pike
< Sign-up at http://www.softecusa.com/sprinter.html

Much of what I'm saying below has already been said. I will have some fresh
info for you this week after we have a details meeting with Sun Motor Cars.

For those campers among you, Fred, from Highland Hts, OH, has made reservation
at a local camp ground for Friday and Saturday night (we will have dry camping
available in the parking lot of Sun Motor Cars, ps.. it's a big, no HUGE
parking lot). Here is the link Fred provided if anyone is interested.

\\Quote:
I made a reservation at Western Village RV park for the Friday and Saturday
night of SprinterFest. They are about 12 miles east of Sun Motor Cars and have
full hookup sites for $33/night.

You might want to tell others who are coming in case they want more than a
parking lot for the nights. The web site is www.westernvillagervpark.com
\\EndQuote

We will have a couple of tech sessions, a good lunch, and tour of the garage
facilities at Sun Motor Cars as well as their certified Sprinter Collision
Center. Oh, and there will be plenty of time to just kick tires...

Will you be the one to travel the furthest to attend. I don't think so
because John from the Sprinterstore.com (AKA Upscale Automotive) is driving
all the way from Portland Oregon so if you think it's a long drive for you to
make it to the SprinterFest EAST event just think of John and his trip. I'm
sure John will be part of the tech sessions especially in talking about
suspension modifications. I wonder if John will bring his 4WD Sprinter?

Don't miss this even!!! It will be another year before it happens again unless
you want to drive to the West Coast and attend the SprinterFest WEST event
next year.

stew

bc339
07-20-2010, 01:52 PM
I would have liked to attend, but the timing was off about a month.
Any chance of our Atlanta Mercedes Sprinter dealers of sponsoring an event in the fall or early spring? Sprinter Fest South East? An event with a tour of the Sprinter factory near Charleston would be great, too.
Bruce

cliffordrican
07-20-2010, 04:00 PM
id go but my wrk sprinter is ugggllly deff not for anyones eyes 2 seats and empty cargo area ohh and with rust lol

Aqua Puttana
07-21-2010, 02:31 AM
id go but my wrk sprinter is ugggllly deff not for anyones eyes 2 seats and empty cargo area ohh and with rust lol
I hear ya', but I can't even claim mine is really a work truck. I'm just a slob. I don't really think anyone else will care what your truck looks like. You should just show up.:thumbup: vic

Ivessm
07-24-2010, 05:29 PM
SprinterFest EAST Attendees & Wannabe Attendees...

Only 1 week left...

Yes, that's right, only 1 week left till the first (and hopefully annual)
SprinterFest EAST event. No mater how you slice it, 1 week, 7 days, 168
hours, 10,080 minutes, or 604,800 seconds, it's just around the corner.

We will have some great prizes...
- John from The Sprinter Store has donated a $50 dollar gift certificate to
The Sprinter Store
- I have donated a 6 pak of Mobil 1 Oil AND a case of Pennsylvania's finest
Yeungling Lager beer from the oldest brewery in the nation, Yeungling Brewery
of Pottstown, PA, just North of Harrisburg.
- Mike Sokol has donated a Fluke Electronic Test device to detect the presence
of electricity. This just might save your life some day.
- And we still have a week left to collect prizes. You can bring a batch of
home baked cookies and we'll award them to a starving Sprinter owner.

Mike Sokol will be giving his "Shock Zone" class that is important to any
Sprinter owner that camps with his Sprinter. You need to be aware of the
hazards and insure you are not "shocked" into your next life by a stray jolt
from your Sprinter.

We will have a new 2010 Sprinter "flying" (on a lift but flying sounds more
exciting) for all to take a close look at the underside and mechanical build
of the new Sprinters.

And BEST OF ALL, we will have all your Sprinters parked in the big lot for
everyone to see what you have done and get ideas for future upgrades of their
own Sprinters. Yes, this is a "Kick-the-Tires" event at it's best.

If any of you have been considering purchasing a ScanGuage II to monitor you
engine performance I'm sure someone will have one on their Sprinter. I have
the DashDAQ monitor from Drew Technologies on my Sprinter that allows me to
monitor a lot more items on screen than the ScanGuage and see the performance
on screen.

We even have a Veggi Oil Sprinter coming. That should be interesting.

Again on camping, Fred, from Highland Hts, OH, has made reservation
at a local camp ground for Friday and Saturday night (we will have dry camping
available in the parking lot of Sun Motor Cars, ps.. it's a big, no HUGE
parking lot). Here is the link Fred provided if anyone is interested.

\\Quote:
I made a reservation at Western Village RV park for the Friday and Saturday
night of SprinterFest. They are about 12 miles east of Sun Motor Cars and have
full hookup sites for $33/night.

You might want to tell others who are coming in case they want more than a
parking lot for the nights. The web site is www.westernvillagervpark.com
\\EndQuote

I know Fred & John from Upscale Automotive (The Sprinter Store) are camping
there. Friday and Saturday night.

Can't wait. I think we are now 1 hour closer because it's taken me about that
time to get these thoughts down.

< SprinterFest EAST
< 10am - 4pm (or longer)
< Sun Motor Cars
< 6677 Carlisle Pike
< Sign-up at http://www.softecusa.com/sprinter.html

stew

>>
>> Stewart M. Ives
>> SofTEC USA
>> 1717 Bridge St
>> New Cumberland, PA 17070
>>
>> Skype: softecusa-ivessm
>> Tel: 717-910-4600
>> Tel: 717-774-4233
>> Fax: 717-774-1808
>> Skype: softecusa-ivessm
>> EMail: ivessm@softecusa.com
>> WebSite: www.softecusa.com

Ivessm
08-01-2010, 06:27 PM
Well, SprinterFest EAST is now yesterdays news as life moves on and I think everyone that attended will agree that it was a most fantastic day at the super uber-spectacular facility, Sun Motor Cars in Mechanicsburg, PA. Every time I looked out at the parking lot there was another Sprinter pulling in and lining up. It got to the point there were just to many to count. I think overall there were over 30 Sprinters parked across the lot for all to enjoy.

Many, many, many, thanks go out to Sun Motor Cars for their hospitality throughout the day, their fantastic lunch (if you went away hungry, it's was your fault), and the total support of the Sun Motors staff starting with Nick Walker (Sprinter Brand Manager), Don Yesacavage (Service Manager), and Mike Lombardi (Parts Manager) and all those others to numerous to mention. And WOW what a FANTASTIC facility... You really had to be there to believe it. Maybe next year...

Many thanks go out to Klaus Tritt, Vice President of Operations, Daimler Vans USA, who drove down from NJ to attend the SprinterFest EAST and give us some insite into the past, present, and future of the Sprinter in Mercedes-Benz and the USA. His son, possibly a future Sprinter owner, enjoyed viewing all the different Sprinter configurations and DIY upgrades.

The "No~Shock~Zone" presentation by Mike Sokol (http://www.noshockzone.org/) was very good and will cause us all to think twice when we plug our Sprinters into any campground commercial power, generator, or even our own house. Good job Mike!!! We should also follow Mike's weekly electrical safety articles on the No~Shock~Zone website. Remember, the life you save might be your own.

Pictures, pictures, pictures... I have uploaded almost 400 pictures to the following web address. You can view then many different ways, download them individually or download all the albums if you use Picasa from Google (a really great picture program and free too). You can also order prints (who does that now a days??). Enjoy...

http://picasaweb.google.com/SprinterFestEAST

If you have any pictures you would like posted to this collection contact me off-line and we'll figure out a way for you to either get them to me to post or post them directly.

Again, many thanks to all. Drive safely.

stew

sikwan
08-02-2010, 03:27 PM
Is this the Claus...

...that was mentioned here?

http://sprinter-source.com/forum/showpost.php?p=100584&postcount=506

Either way, the fine Sprinter folks who visited the SprinterFest East did a fine job on recommending to Claus what we want in the USA (http://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11080). :thumbup::thumbup: 4x4 made it to the Top and Bottom of the list. :clapping: :smirk: Susi is on there too!

scubanw3
08-11-2010, 09:31 PM
Well…I’ve finally landed in one place for a few days before beginning the last leg of our journey back to Oregon. It gives me a moment to thank everyone involved in organizing the SprinterFest East (a thank you that is better late than never). I have organized and put on five SprinterFests and it is no easy task. I should say that this fest ranks up there with the best of them! It was a very enjoyable event and a small group of us kept it going until about 8:00 or 9:00 pm! It was nice to meet everyone including many of our customers. A big thanks to Stew for organizing the event, Nick, Mike and Don from Sun Motor Cars for hosting the event, Mike for his “Shocking” seminar, Klaus Tritt, Vice President of Operations, Daimler Vans USA for taking the time to listen, to everyone that helped throughout the day and to everyone that made the effort to attend the event. I look forward to seeing how things shape up for next year! BTW, the attached pictures were taken in Kettletown State Park in Connecticut and from Cadillac Mountain in Acadia National Park in Maine. It’s amazing how Sprinters stand out in a crowd.

Thanks to all, John
Sprinter Store
http://sprinterstore.com/
A division of Upscale Automotive, Inc.
19460 SW 89th Ave.
Tualatin, OR 97062
503-692-0846

MillionMileSprinter
02-01-2011, 04:16 PM
When is the next SprinterFest? Philly isn't far from Mechanicsburg.

nebep
02-02-2011, 01:45 AM
I wonder how a southeast SprinterFEST would fare...??

Atlantaish?? maybe a bit further west?

What about one in/around Kansas City?? (nice, central location for all....???)

A Nationwide SprinterFEST??!! :idunno: