warranty service??

sunshine

Hi all, I have a 2010 NCV3 170 wheelbase RoadTrek sprinter. The chasis is a 2009 Freightliner with dual rear wheels and is powered by the Mecedes 3.0 diesel engine. The RoadTrek people informed that for any chasis warranty work to take it to the Freightliner dealer. They also provided me with the closest one from my home. If I needed some engine warranty work done would I take it to the Mecedes dealer or a Dodge dealer? Or, either one. Please help and provide an answer.

Thanks Sunshine in TN

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
The Freightliner dealership for "chassis" work would also be a candidate for engine work.

You're free to call your local MB Sprinter shop to see if they'll work on your engine, too. Some do; some don't.

If your local Dodge shop is one you trust, and if they used to sell and service Sprinters, they should be able to do engine work as well.

A willing Dodge or MB dealership is fine for chassis work, as well. They just won't work on the RV technology installed by Roadtrek.

-Jon

Last edited:

wayneskid

Sunshine,

I have a 2010 Airstream on a 2008 Freightliner 3500 chassis. Either FL or MB will provide warranty service on your Sprinter but not all dealerships are qualified to do Sprinter work. Some Dodge dealers can also work on Sprinters but as I understand it they can't do warranty work. You can find dealers that are Sprinter qualified at these websites:
Mercedes - www.mbsprinterusa.com
Freightliner - www.freightlinersprinterusa.com
You should also know that FL offers roadside assistance at this number: 877/762-8267. They told me in writing that they would tow me to the nearest qualified dealer. I drove my new rig from Eugene Oregon to Anchorage Alaska last month and when pressed they said yes, they would tow to the nearest dealer, even if it was hundreds of miles away. Fortunately I didn't need to test their promise.

Hope you like your RT; I was real close to going with them but ended up with Airstream. If you happen to be in Anchorage, stop by and we can compare.:smirk:

WS in AK

sunshine

Re: Wayneskid

Hey Wayneskid, thanks so much for the valuable information. I did know about the no charge tow to a certified sprinter dealer by FL. I have the FL card with the number on it. It looks like a credit card. If I ever plan a trip to Anhorage, Alaska I'll drop you an email.

Sunshine in TN

showkey

Sunshine,

I have a 2010 Airstream on a 2008 Freightliner 3500 chassis. Either FL or MB will provide warranty service on your Sprinter but not all dealerships are qualified to do Sprinter work. Some Dodge dealers can also work on Sprinters but as I understand it they can't do warranty work. You can find dealers that are Sprinter qualified at these websites:
WS in AK
2008 chasssis, 2010 Motorhome, purchased late 2009

I think some can and some can't or won't.....but my local Dodge dealer will and can do chassis warranty work...........Dodge actually called and asked if the work was done to my satifaction:thumbup:

wayneskid

2008 chasssis, 2010 Motorhome, purchased late 2009

I think some can and some can't or won't.....but my local Dodge dealer will and can do chassis warranty work...........Dodge actually called and asked if the work was done to my satifaction:thumbup:
What I meant to say was that if a Dodge dealer does work on a warranty repair, FL/MB may or may not cover the cost. What MB told me is that if there is no Sprinter qualified service available (in Canada for example), the repair can be done by a third party (Dodge dealer or other). The owner pays the bill and then submits the bill via a US authorized service center for reimbursement. Who know how it would be handled from that point; I can see lots of opportunity for pi----- matches here. Of course if the failure disables the vehicle, then the previously mentioned roadside service would be used to transport the vehicle to an authorized service center. This is my understanding of things from an email dialogue with MB Sprinter customer support. They are pretty responsive by the way!

Top Bottom