413 2.2 cdi Temperature + sliding door

teddydar

Hi to all.

2 queries

1. Temperature

I was wondering what the normal operating temperature should be for a 413 2.2 cdi eng. UK based.

Its got 143k on the clock & has been serviced regularly by the police. Ive only had it for about 1 month.

It been stood around for a few weeks and when I went to use today & the temperature gauge stays in the first quadrant section only, even after a 25
mile drive. Prior to this it used to go into the 2nd quadrant section.

2. Sliding Door

a)Due to wear & tear i guess, the door lock mech failed (the door would stay shut) I replaced the lock to find that the door doesnt shut properly. The door seems to sag at the middlle sliding rail end. Is there any suggestion as to where to look first ie is this a common failure point? 1 thing I did notice was when looking at the internals of the sliding door was that area around the bolt which holds the middle sliding attachment had been previosuly welded & had a little play in it.
b) When i was removing the door lock i unplugged 2 electrical connectors thinking that they were part of the lock assy to find when i reassembled/re-connected everything the central door locking on the sliding door has stopped working, ive tried to swap the 2 connectors around but this has made no difference. Theres a switch on the dash which i normally use the little light comes on & i can hear the relay under the seat clicking but the door lock wont operate. Is their a re-hook up prcedure or summit i need to follow?

Appreciate any help in advance.

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Temperature 80C is normal operating temperature except in the dead of Winter ,crawling at low rpm on high elevation below zero with a incoming radiator windchill factor ,you'd be lucky to get it up to 40c start mark
Look at the plastic runners ,they my be worn out.
Sorry not help on the door ,I just keep the tracks clean and use a tad of White Lithium for a smooth slide.
Richard

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Sorry should have said plastic wheels ,that run on the top fixed track of your door and the flat channel below your step.
Richard

stroud_omnibus

As above, your temperature should be 80 to 85 degrees. I had the same issue with my 413 when I bought it and had the thermostat (it comes already in a housing) changed. Hey presto! Loads of heat!

As a new owner I suggest that you check a.s.a.p under the plastic cover that sits under the intake manifold for the dreaded 'Black Death' (do a search on here to see what it's all about) and if it's all gunged up it will be better to get it sorted sooner rather than later. It isn't just a North America problem with their lower quality fuel, UK Sprinters can suffer too. Hopefully all is well under there for you.

teddydar

Already done, chuffing injector out, clean up refitted with new bolt and mb paste, problme is it bubbling, but it starts and runs okay, left the black cover off. How easy is it to change thermostat...

stroud_omnibus

Can't answer that as my mechanic did the job. There does seem to be a lot of 'plumbing' in the vicinity of the housing to get in your way. Definitely worth doing though as the bus was damn cold with it not reaching full temperature and dropping further if left to idle for any length of time.

teddydar

Update sorted my sliding door issue.

After about an hour of adjusting the striker plate as well as the door rail attacehments still no joy.

I then noticed that the gap at the sliding rail side of the door was minimal when compared to that of the handle or closing side.

I left the striker loose and then tried closing the door, gently first .. and when it seemed to close better, i gingerly tightedn the striker plate bolts & giev teh door a good old slam shut... bingo..the door clsoe shut properly..:thumbup:

Still no joy on teh heat issue, still cant seem to get the temperature guage above 1/4 or abiove 40 deg, no warm air and the top coolant pipe doesnt seem to get hot... is my divertor valve broken or summit?? where is this valve hwo do i check it ??:yell::rant::crazy::idunno:

Top Bottom