P0122 and P0135 codes

guisar

I was advised by a dealer that these codes were being caused by my position sensor- aka Throttle pedal so I ordered one and replaced it. No problem- however the codes showed up again within just a few miles. The symptoms other than the light are a slight jerkiness, especially when moving off from a standstill and sometimes when accelerating. Is there a secondary sensor in the chain which might be causing these errors? I do have a DAD on order but not here yet. (2004 T1N)

abittenbinder

Doktor A (864-623-9110)
I was advised by a dealer that these codes were being caused by my position sensor- aka Throttle pedal so I ordered one and replaced it. No problem- however the codes showed up again within just a few miles. The symptoms other than the light are a slight jerkiness, especially when moving off from a standstill and sometimes when accelerating. Is there a secondary sensor in the chain which might be causing these errors? I do have a DAD on order but not here yet. (2004 T1N)
1222 and 1234 are the applicable MBenz codes related to Sprinter accel pedal position faults. There should have been a subfault reported for each which would further indicate if sensor is faulty or wiring to sensor is shorted to ground or shorted to +.

How did you generate the code numbers in your title?

Doktor A

guisar

I pulled the codes off of my Scan Guage. I had previously disconnected, lubed and reattached the two connectors on the pedal; no effect on the codes. I was assuming that there was a separate sensor someplace which was at fault although looking at the parts diagrams and reading the maintenance manual I couldn't find it. Are you thinking that the harness leading to the pedal is at fault? Is there a way to verify this using a DVM or similar?

Ciprian

Spark Plugs not allowed!
I would think that ScanGauge did not report the right code. Wait till you get the DAD, and then see what the real code is.

abittenbinder

Doktor A (864-623-9110)
I pulled the codes off of my Scan Guage. Is there a way to verify this using a DVM or similar?
How was a dealer able to interpret your generic code numbers?

The DAD and the dealers DRBIII have a data stream function that can display the output of both accel pedal sensors. This can be very useful if you suspect one may be at fault or if a wiring issue may be present. Doktor A

guisar

Thanks for the help thus far. I didn't say anything to the dealer- just brought it in, described the driveability issues and pointed out that the light was on. I have found they prefer for their customers to be ignorant and so I give no indication I've ever worked on anything.

They said it was a the pedal travel sensor (5135510AA), which seemed reasonable given the symptoms and what scan gauge said and they gave me the exact part number- which is what I purchased and installed. Since my last message I've cleared codes twice and since the pedal replacement only the P01222 code reappears; the driveability symptoms remain the same.

Both dealers in my area are over an hour away and neither have been able to get reliably diagnose or fix Sprinter issues. If a DAD is needed to isolate I'll park the van until the DAD arrives or I can figure this out since it's near the end of the extended warranty and if it's a wiring issue that's out of my league but explicitly mentioned in the warranty. If there's a second sensor where is it? I was not able to ID on the parts PDF for a 2006 I got from a forum link- I'm more than willing to replace the other sensorif there's a chance it's the actual issue since I'm really hoping it's not the harness again (it was replaced once under warranty).

Last edited:

abittenbinder

Doktor A (864-623-9110)
If there's a second sensor where is it? I was not able to ID on the parts PDF for a 2006 I got from a forum link- I'm more than willing to replace the other sensorif there's a chance it's the actual issue since I'm really hoping it's not the harness again (it was replaced once under warranty).
Both Hall Effect (on your '04) sensors are integrated in the accel pedal assembly. Doktor A

Top Bottom