PDA

View Full Version : iPad issues

avid
05-02-2010, 05:13 PM
The version of vbulletin that Sprinter Source is running doesn't like iPads. iPhones work just fine and most sites see iPads as iPhones. Being an Apple fan boy I just had to throw down for the new iPad 3G. So far it is living up to my expectations. I am actually touch typing this on the keyboard. We expect that it will come in very handy during our Sprinter trips.

All you see on an iPad is a text only listing of the forums. That would be fine except I have no way to get a list of new posts.

avid
05-02-2010, 05:18 PM
I see that I can get new posts after further review. The problem is that "new" doesn't keep track of what I have seen despite being logged in.

sikwan
05-02-2010, 06:32 PM
All you see on an iPad is a text only listing of the forums. That would be fine except I have no way to get a list of new posts.

I added iPad to the exception list. How does it work now?

iPhone was already on the exception list, but it didn't detect your iPad as an iPhone.

avid
05-02-2010, 08:27 PM
Thanks Sikwan it now provides me with an updated "new" list. Still only text with no graphics. I could post a screenshot if you would like. Looking forward to meeting you at the Rocklin MB dealer's dinner next month.

avid
05-02-2010, 08:43 PM
Here is what the front page look like.

sikwan
05-03-2010, 01:16 AM
Yeah, it's detecting your iPad as a smart phone and forcing you to see the text version. Let me see...

Oh yeah, I'm not sure if I can make the Rocklin meeting as it's on a weeknight. :cry:

Adjusted some settings, please try again. If not, then I'll have to do more research and dive into the code. Thanks!

avid
05-03-2010, 02:58 AM
Sikwan that got the job done. Thanks!