Hellwig Sway bar compared to Roadmaster

JamesM

Does anyone know how the 1 1/8 " Hellwig rear sway bar for Sprinter compares to the 11/8" Roadmaster which is considerably more expensive? Both claim the same steel and bushing materials. I had this question buried in another thread but thought it might get more response on it's own.
Thanks---

jjsvan

...don't know but I just ordered a roadmaster for my 2006 2500. Pricey, but they said it should reduce 75% of the sway.

Mrdi

Any pics of the sway bars?
Especially where the sway bar joins the vertical extension.

JamesM

I have not seen any that I considered sufficiently representative of the actual sprinter part numbers to make much of a guess. I have seen some wide ranging reviews of Hellwig products for other vehicles. Most concerns seemed like minor fit issues with non Sprinter installs.

Slider13

I decided to go with the Roadmaster Active Suspension after looking into a anti-sway bar to address the handling problem on very windy days. I've had this set up now for almost 4 years and very happy with the results. I felt that the single leaf spring is very inadequate since the van is running heavy all the time in the b camper configuration. This set up has eliminated the scary body roll and swaying and also keeps the rear end from bottoming out and overall improved the handling of the rv. If i went with the anti sway bar solution, it would not have addressed the bottoming out issue. I plan on putting Koni shocks, which would improve my set up.

www.activesuspension.com

Slider13 :smilewink:

Top Bottom