Getting parts up here is........

kendall69

Try getting them down here...I purchased a new 2007 on the 21 of April the next day it went back to the dealer for a belt that came off, now they tell me, some time in June, maybe. FOR A FREAKING BELT!!!!!!

Wileycoyote

yeah I just read your post a bit further up..... Incredible, here I was thinking of getting a '07 to replace my '05. Now **** I just dunno anymore. Maybe its time to go back to a Ford econoline man parts for those arent 1/10th as hard to find or as costly. The money I save in fuel makes up in downtime and costly repairs.

speedyb

It is sickening that we get screwed like this on getting parts in Canada. The dealers are raping us and the auto parts stores can not get the off name parts. If you order any from the states you have to pay shipping and duty and brokerage fees hardly makes it worth the effort. I have the good fortune of traveling to the states on a regular bases so I can pick up some parts down there. Imagine a fuel filter here is $130.00 and $29.95 in the US. I had to get some clips for my rear tail light and for 2 clips and a foam gasket it was $25.00 for a clip that cost less than .1 cent to make I am sure.

mobileoilchange

napa sells belts for sprinters and their made by GATES. if you have the old one take it to napa or give them the part number. I bought one from them before for the sprinter, but their computer didnt show a part number for the sprinter, but once I gave them the sprinter part number off the belt they crossed it to a GATES belt.

dieselbill

I'm thinking of buying a used Dodge Sprinter van and doing the camper conversion myself. Most those available and affordable to me , approx ( $20000) are ex courier types with up to 185 kms on them.
If the aftermarket parts situation is as most have experienced, and expensive, then maybe I should look for a VW with the same 5 cylinder diesel....I think T25 or T 35 models if they are available here
in Canada, will have to check. I recently rented a VW T35 motorhome in Australia and liked the performance and fuel economy. Ride was a bit rough though.
Also, since I have some experience in engine aftermarket parts, I know it takes about five years for aftermarket parts manufacturers to make engine parts available depending upon the agreement
they have as suppliers to the OEMs.

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
dieselbill the Trakkadoo units you rented has a camper suspension so a harder ride on corrugated roads.
trakka_camper_2.jpg
After market parts are easy to to get down under, they met MB ISO standards one only has to look at an interchange manual but it's easy for us not so as to the N/A market.
Chris UK can supply at very affordable rates.
Richard

itasca2008

Hi Canadian Fellows

Bought my 2007 Sprinter-based motor home new in the US and I'm very happy with it, even without any warranty. Up to 40,000 miles now and - nothing. I get all my parts for service from MB and others in the US, mostly when traveling there. Recently I decided to buy the famous driver's side turbo hose just to be on the safe side. Because I couldn't get one when I was in Montana last fall, I decided to buy from our forum member Chris in GB a.k.a. "sprinteruk". And I'm impressed: The hose delivered to my door cost less than at the parts counter in the US! So here my honest recommendation - whenever you need parts that cost you more than about CAN$ 150, Chris is a very reliable source, and he will save you money, lots of it, if you would have to buy in Canada. There is only one thing you have to be aware of - it has to be delivered by Canada Post, then the brokerage fee is only $5, if they even bother to charge it. Never use UPS, Fedex, etc.

Marcel in AB
08NJ

v4vjon

I just got a filter kit +an AuX cable from Chris and there was a $19 duty,GST,PST, Handling fee that has to be worked in to the cost.:cheers::cheers:

Top Bottom