New Oil Question re: Pennzoil

Petalumasprint

I'm having the first service performed at my local ex-Sprinter Chrysler dealer and, of course, they no longer provide Mobil 1 oil. The oil that all Chrysler dealers provide now is Pennzoil European Formula full synthetic, 5W-30. It is MB spec 229.51. This oil is on the list of approved engine oils in my owner's manual. Any real experience with this product? I'm looking for real user experience, not opinion. By the way, the service writer, who used to be one of the Sprinter line mechanics, told me that when Chrysler declared bankruptcy, they owed a ton of money to Mobil 1 and now Mobil 1 will not sell to Chrysler, thus the change to Pennzoil. Really? He offered to buy the Mobil 1 0W40 MB spec oil for me but I've not been happy with that oil in my 2030 VW Passat V6. Thanks for any experiences relayed.

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
I'm having the first service performed at my local ex-Sprinter Chrysler dealer and, of course, they no longer provide Mobil 1 oil. The oil that all Chrysler dealers provide now is Pennzoil European Formula full synthetic, 5W-30. It is MB spec 229.51. This oil is on the list of approved engine oils in my owner's manual. Any real experience with this product? I'm looking for real user experience, not opinion. By the way, the service writer, who used to be one of the Sprinter line mechanics, told me that when Chrysler declared bankruptcy, they owed a ton of money to Mobil 1 and now Mobil 1 will not sell to Chrysler, thus the change to Pennzoil. Really? He offered to buy the Mobil 1 0W40 MB spec oil for me but I've not been happy with that oil in my 2030 VW Passat V6. Thanks for any experiences relayed.
Take the offer for Mobil1 Gold 0-40 Super Syn fully synthetic: MB 229.3/229.5.... VW 505.00/502.00
This oil is the most expensive in the range and is meant for long range extended oil changes.
Get your dealer to set your next oil change at 20 to 30 thousand kilometers.12 thousand miles to
18 thousand miles.
You will never regret the decision.
Richard

DSC00824(1) (Custom).JPG

DSC00825(1) (Custom).JPG

Top Bottom