PDA

View Full Version : No more 07 orders

kendall69
05-07-2007, 02:13 AM
http://www.phharval.com/aboutPHHArval/newsCenter/archives/2007/unitedStates/050207A.pdf

sikwan
05-07-2007, 02:25 AM
Thanks for the heads up! :clapping:

OTOH, this could be good news for us Sprinter lovers. If Daimler ever sells off the Chrysler arm, they certainly will make sure the Sprinter stays in the USA as a Freightliner. :rad:

Altered Sprinter
05-07-2007, 10:52 AM
I'm not disputing the posting from Topix after-all I know how that was posted:shifty: My reference is it's not backed by reliable sources, now this is odd, because the is a Media Link from Chrysler on the net stating this and to a PDF, again it's a dead link.
As an investor as well as having access to the media links I can not find any information officially stating the fact, OK there is a shortage of axles, even though there is a run out on the model for a Spring upgrade, Ford and GM are both saying a run out date for 07 models order now.
So I can not verify fact from fiction,[It may be true, but with an omittance to the full story?]
There is officially a major revamp in the US with COE's and a new set of strategy's are to be implemented, in the US from Aubin Hills DCX.
Sales for DC in the US have increased 2% from last year.
Sales on the Dodge Sprinter are 46% down on 2006 or compared to 27% for the 2005 sales of Sprinters the peak year for Sprinter sales.
Assuming sales are to be held back on the pretext of a run out model for 2007, My bet it's because of an over supply of inventory stocks and D-B AG division has put the credit breaks on an over run of possible future losses.
As I have only just picked up on this post, [I Hope I'm dead wrong, on this thought, as to needing at least three days to cross reference between DCX US DC US D-B AG Germany and Australia Mercedes-Benz via the Daimler Chrysler division].
Richard.
OK Just checked this out, Information as to reasons are speculative, this a Canadian site source quoting a standard model run out of 07 models in the US
As an example same source
Revised DCX Build-Outs (http://www.phharval.com/aboutPHHArval/newsCenter/archives/2007/canadianEnglish/050307A.pdf)
NOTE: This is not an endorsed site of the Damlier Chrysler Media division.

gerrym51
05-07-2007, 01:57 PM
richard,

it stands to reason though that if the 2007 year only started to be
available in feb. where a model year usually starts in the prior sept.,
that sales would be down. also a shortened year meana under normal scheduling that 2008's should start this sept.

most of this actuallly makes sense to me.

gerry

Altered Sprinter
05-07-2007, 02:13 PM
True I'm not referring to the Model close out for 2007 but the statement of the cause, its inaccurate.

hkpierce
05-07-2007, 04:40 PM
OK Just checked this out, Information as to reasons are speculative, this a Canadian site source quoting a standard model run out of 07 models in the US
As an example same source
Revised DCX Build-Outs (http://www.phharval.com/aboutPHHArval/newsCenter/archives/2007/canadianEnglish/050307A.pdf)

Richard: Canada receives their Sprinters directly from Germany - cargos don't have to take a break and rebuilt via South Carolina like the US market models have to. Your cite was clearly for the Canadian market.

Altered Sprinter
05-08-2007, 09:59 AM
Thanks HK:thumbup: I could kick myself, I'm so used to the US site. I just forgot that Canada has the old system in place, Yes I did state it was Canadian site
However the original posting did not sate this fact.
Notice the Dodge Caravan has been discontinued
Strange things happening up North
Could it be a Vito For Canada?

Richard

tegimr
05-11-2007, 09:23 PM
http://www.phharval.com/aboutPHHArval/newsCenter/archives/2007/unitedStates/050207A.pdf

This should not be a large surprise since the 2007 model was heavily influenced by the largest single purchaser of US Sprinters, UPS. UPS needed more space to be able to buy more Sprinters. My neighbor, who is a FED EX fleet manager, said last June that almost 50% of the US imports of the 2007 Sprinters had been ordered by UPS and that FED EX was not able to purchase as many as they'd have liked. Apparently, Dodge holds a number/percentage for it's retail customers ( thinking that PHH is not a retail customer). I'd have to call my sales-guy at Ilderton to get the straight news, but I'm afraid that he'd think I was considering purchasing one. :laughing:

It's good, because it holds the value of our older vehicles. (note to self, make certain that we have "replacement value" insurance:bounce: )

Tim

Altered Sprinter
05-12-2007, 01:34 AM
What's a PPH:thinking:
Richard

tegimr
05-12-2007, 02:40 AM
What's a PPH:thinking:
Richard

PHH Arval is a fleet services provider - including purchasing vehicles for others. part of their business plan includes purchasing volume.

Tim

Altered Sprinter
05-12-2007, 03:16 AM
In other words its a management problem of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing, middle management bean counters looking for set production targets without co ordinating with the parts order inventory or the message is getting lost in the three way plan of management for DCX thats the difference! "between Mercedes-Benz and DCX"
MB admit it can run its own set up but just can't get it right with US managers.:thumbdown:
Time to write a new column on 'How to mange the managers at DCX
Of course its a charge I don't teach for nothing when it comes down to the buck, unless its on our forum, thats for free to share between ourselves, then we can arrange a new forum Murder on the dance floor we can sit back and watch those Guys dance, the jitter bug, cause we caught them out at their own game.
Richard.
PS the Doctor is having a nervous break down, I feel for this guy hes' losing it and the investor's are losing Patience.1818

SprintED
05-12-2007, 04:33 PM
Richard,

Notice that the Grand Caravan is still listed for 2008...sales of the shorter Caravan have probably dropped off to the point that DC is comfortable going with one size from here on out...just like Honda, Kia, Hyundai, Toyota, etc...

I will be needing a mini van for business purposes within a year or so...So I would LOVE to see the Vito show up here in Canada...but I am not holding my breath.

Ed

sikwan
05-12-2007, 05:17 PM
I will be needing a mini van for business purposes within a year or so...So I would LOVE to see the Vito show up here in Canada...but I am not holding my breath.

While we're off topic :D, I really like the Mazda5 minivan.

It even comes with this...

Mini-er than the mini-est minivan and with real sliding doors!

Altered Sprinter
05-13-2007, 01:45 AM
Back on subject, if I get around to buying the next Sprinter, Another story, another thread,I can park the my wifes smart inside of the van, with the new single wide wheel base models:smilewink:
Heck you can even get 4x4:tongue: just for fun, to play with in the sand, sort of like building sand castles, in my dreams.
Richard

Altered Sprinter
05-13-2007, 04:11 AM
Richard,

Notice that the Grand Caravan is still listed for 2008...sales of the shorter Caravan have probably dropped off to the point that DC is comfortable going with one size from here on out...just like Honda, Kia, Hyundai, Toyota, etc...

Ed
There is more than a likely possibility Canada will get the 'Vito':rad: via Mercedes-Benz franchisees DC does not hold the license for the Vito via the NAFTA complex arrangements,as both Ford and GM head to wards the zero mark of no return 2010, the Vito has the advantage of ten years of continuous technology built into this marque, Four lengths four roof heights six engines ranging from economic fuel efficient 4 bangers to the V6 V8 can be had via Brabus.
Fully compliant in crash testings world wide both euro 1V and V emission compliant with standard Euro 1V DPF and Euro V Blutec .
All-wheel drive, including 4x4 six and seven speed triponic transmissions in both manual and auto, from basic delivery vehicles to the top end luxury Vania seven seater, similar in price as to the Canadian R Class Mercedes CA $69000
Canada has always been the leader in brining in euro models, as it's not politically aligned to US policy's of Protecting local makes under the guise of the NAFTA agreements which are severally restricted to influences via local manufactures.
Look at this scenario Canada is a ex Commonwealth country but still with heavy ties to the UK and Europe, Canada was first to bring in the Smart which has been a winner in the circle of French Canadian s along with the fact the girls love them as the kids think they are Oh! so cool.
Seek stated he likes the Mazda, Mate look at the Canadian poo-jo I think it's there now? as to it being a new model, Honda has one similar, along with Skoda etc
Times are changing, quicker than you think.I'd hate to be financially linked to any N/American manufacture, at the moment due to non competence aligments on long term economic projections for the Auto manufactures.
Richard.

Scott_Mc
05-15-2007, 10:37 PM
OTOH, this could be good news for us Sprinter lovers. If Daimler ever sells off the Chrysler arm, they certainly will make sure the Sprinter stays in the USA as a Freightliner. :rad:

Hmmm. got to wonder what's going to happen now. Imagine all the dealers who kicked in the money to become authorized Sprinter Dealers and now it may dissapear after only a few years:cry: ? This would drop Sprinter sales here dramatically due to the lack of Freightliner dealers here. Will the new Dodge's controlling arm be able to continue importing the Sprinter under some special deal :shifty: ? Better yet, do all you Dodge Sprinter owners now own a collectors item :smirk: ?

I like the Mazda 5 too.:thumbup: as a mini can be!

A-S me thinks the suds-toting-Taz should be your new avatar!!

Altered Sprinter
05-16-2007, 12:13 AM
Hmmm. got to wonder what's going to happen now. Imagine all the dealers who kicked in the money to become authorized Sprinter Dealers and now it may dissapear after only a few years:cry:

A-S me thinks the suds-toting-Taz should be your new avatar!!
Lets have awake and get drunk
I can pour a good head:smilewink:
Richard The Lion Heart

Altered Sprinter
05-16-2007, 01:27 PM
Keeping the thread in perspective rather than starting another thread:thumbup:
No more order for 07 US Sprinters:idunno:
Australia has taken delivery of both MB Sprinters and VW Crafters updated 08 models mostly mechanical changes and options along with a new model as the extra wide wheel base unit.Awesome.
Vito's and VW transports have also been delivered
Across the pond Freightliner laying off staff as to no new productions orders this is above the January cut back of Jobs.Dodge will follow.
Starving inventory stocks has a two fold effect, deletion of overstocks in holding yards, cutting back the workforce is what is already predicted to be the inconvenient truth, of reconstructing Chrysler.
Switch back to seeks comment this morning right click 38 (http://sprinter-source.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6629&postcount=38)
Richard

topless
05-16-2007, 06:42 PM
A high volume purchaser will certainly get a good discount, vs selling near MSRP to the average retail buyer.
I recently looked around to see if a stray '06 118"WB passenger van might be nearby. I couldn't find any 118" WB vans in any surrounding states.

BESLC
05-16-2007, 07:57 PM
So does this mean that the U.S. A. Sprinter will no longer be available? Or is this a cut off on orders for the 07 in antisipation of the 2008 model?

I hope the Sprinters will be available in the U.S and with the European side power door option, I have waited over a year to get a Sprinter for wheelchair conversion and use. My head is now spinning with unknowns!

I had to opt out of an 07 since no power door is available..now the Sprinter may not be.

Any info is appreciated.

jdcaples
05-16-2007, 08:41 PM
So does this mean that the U.S. A. Sprinter will no longer be available? Or is this a cut off on orders for the 07 in antisipation of the 2008 model?

I hope the Sprinters will be available in the U.S and with the European side power door option, I have waited over a year to get a Sprinter for wheelchair conversion and use. My head is now spinning with unknowns!

I had to opt out of an 07 since no power door is available..now the Sprinter may not be.

Any info is appreciated.

My understanding is that the orders for '07 are being capped now to drain the 2007 order queue and in preparation for delivering 2008 models.

The extinction of US Sprinter sales and service is unlikely.

The market for the product is obvious.

What's in question is how Daimler will meet the market interest.

The Sprinter is a fantastic opportunity. I hope the bureaucracy can execute and dominate the North American light duty van market.

Dealership sales reps, I think, are superior sources for facts and decision criteria than conjecture on the web.

-Jon