PDA

View Full Version : New Van, No Cruise??!!

Dewey
05-04-2007, 03:45 PM
I bought my first Sprinter last week. Brand new, high roof. Dealer said it had cruise control. It arrives, and no cruise control!! Dealer checked into it more, and say its not even an option! So they write me a check to save the money for a later installment. Why is it not an option? Is my dealer ignorant? When will it be available? Can Mercedes install it?
I love the van, just really disappointed in no cruise.:idunno:

sikwan
05-04-2007, 04:01 PM
Year? :thinking:

Dewey
05-04-2007, 04:02 PM
2007. 3.0 Crd

hkpierce
05-04-2007, 04:15 PM
It certainly shows up as an option:

NHM Speed Control $250

http://www.sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6098#post6098

It is also available as a retro kit from Berry Sprinter for $450. http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?siteid=213693

BaywoodBill
05-04-2007, 05:00 PM
We have it on our 2005.

Dewey
05-04-2007, 05:01 PM
I called the dealer, and they're checking into it. Why do the consumers know more than the dealers? Strange world.

When I bought it, Dealer told me it wasn't available with the new 3.0L, and that's why it wasn't an option. Even though it was an option for previous model years.

jdcaples
05-04-2007, 05:07 PM
I bought my first Sprinter last week. Brand new, high roof. Dealer said it had cruise control. It arrives, and no cruise control!! Dealer checked into it more, and say its not even an option! So they write me a check to save the money for a later installment. Why is it not an option? Is my dealer ignorant? When will it be available? Can Mercedes install it?
I love the van, just really disappointed in no cruise.:idunno:

I don't believe Mercedes-USA will touch it.

Did you order package 22B (or 24B)?

It's included in the "B" option bundles.

-Jon

Dewey
05-04-2007, 05:11 PM
I didn't order it.
It was sitting on a lot in Lincoln, NE, and my dealer in Olathe, KS picked it up. I'd have to look at the window sticker to see which package it has.

jdcaples
05-04-2007, 05:35 PM
I didn't order it.
It was sitting on a lot in Lincoln, NE, and my dealer in Olathe, KS picked it up. I'd have to look at the window sticker to see which package it has.

Then most likely it was "Quick order package 22A" (or 24A if it's a gasser), which - yes - is pretty much a bare-bones list of options with the upfitter or fleet customer in mind.

kendall69
05-05-2007, 01:37 AM
Mine was purchased the same way no cruise, 07 - 144 high room passenger van ( I never thought to look) - why would I look, who would think it wasn't there. Dual air, power windows, cd, electric mirrors etc - sure not a bare bones, but they did not order the cruise in the package, GRRRRRRRR.
Anyway, you can buy a kit but the kit is not available yet.

sosaphoto
05-07-2007, 07:56 PM
Cruise can be retrofitted to the OM647 2.7L engine. It's not cheap, but can certainly be done. Chrysler has a PDF that tells the dealer how to do it.

Dewey
05-07-2007, 09:29 PM
Again, it's a 2007, 3.0 CRD. Brand new, and dodge is not throwing me a bone here. Maybe I can get something from Mercedes.

kendall69
05-08-2007, 01:19 AM
Dewy , good luck I've been beating my brains out on one for weeks now. If you find one let me know. If I find one I'll let you know.

jdcaples
05-08-2007, 04:37 AM
Again, it's a 2007, 3.0 CRD. Brand new, and dodge is not throwing me a bone here. Maybe I can get something from Mercedes.

Certainly, it can't hurt to call a Mercedes shop. Maybe you can find a friendly MB tech with access to Daimler-* service materials who'd enjoy the challenge or do a job on the side..... but if that's a dead end....

I would turn to a friendly Freightliner shop.

I know there's no Freightliner dealership in MO, but you could make a few phone calls and see if someone non-Dodge might point you in a hopeful direction.

http://www.fl-sprinter.com

has a dealership locator feature. There's one a little south by southwest of Kansas City, KS.

Good fortune!

-Jon

kendall69
06-06-2007, 07:00 AM
I just ordered cruise control fo rmy 07 YIPPEEEEEEE. WOOOOWEEEE.
I was told nope no way etc.etc., yet today I walked into the dealer an ordered one.

Part Number 68010454AA $106.98

sikwan
06-06-2007, 02:12 PM
I just ordered cruise control fo rmy 07 YIPPEEEEEEE. WOOOOWEEEE.
I was told nope no way etc.etc., yet today I walked into the dealer an ordered one.

Part Number 68010454AA $106.98

:clapping:

I guess you will have to reprogram the computer?

SprntrStkd
06-06-2007, 04:07 PM
You need Richard's input...i'm sure it's coming! You also might try Rudy at www.mercedessprintergrille.com

Seems like the new Sprinters have a lot more 'Chrysler' in them than the older models do.

kendall69
06-06-2007, 04:56 PM
Not, it's going to have to be a dealer install. With warranty The minute I touch it they will want to void any further repairs relating to electrical.

Yes I will get screwed, but I have no choice.

Just happy as heck to have one after being told NO!!! all this time.:rad:

BaywoodBill
06-06-2007, 05:04 PM
Persistence pays!

CC is so much worthwhile; congratulations.......:thumbup:

Sealtite
06-07-2007, 12:56 AM
Then most likely it was "Quick order package 22A" (or 24A if it's a gasser), which - yes - is pretty much a bare-bones list of options with the upfitter or fleet customer in mind.

my 07 has cruise control, and i love it

Altered Sprinter
06-07-2007, 10:46 AM
Here we go
This is the information I have on cruise control
depending on the models configuration?
Well it can be fitted as it's programed for it, but requires the CAN DATA bus to be reset,by the tecks
I think you need the Hi-Line instrument package ,'Not sure on that one:thinking: Hope this helps.
Richard

kendall69
06-07-2007, 04:06 PM
Can you put in the upgraded instrument cluster and upgraded steering wheel, if youhave the standard model??

BaywoodBill
06-07-2007, 06:47 PM
Richard, are those instrument clusters from the 2007? They are greatly different from mine and others that have been shown in this forum.

jdcaples
06-07-2007, 07:54 PM
Richard, are those instrument clusters from the 2007? They are greatly different from mine and others that have been shown in this forum.

Those look like NCV3 instrument clusters.

-Jon

Altered Sprinter
06-07-2007, 11:27 PM
The clusters are from the US Dodge PDF not the Eruro one
as a matter of fact there is no Euro or Australian one available, see you get it all:drool:
Am I to asume there are three clusters:thinking:
Fitting both the intergrated sterring wheel and cluster, although it's an option, proir to oredering, one could order the parts for doing so, for a latter retrofit, I'd hate to think what the cost would be though.
Richard

BaywoodBill
06-08-2007, 05:07 PM
doesw anyone have a Sprinter with one of the clusters Richard displayed?

jdcaples
06-08-2007, 11:01 PM
The clusters are from the US Dodge PDF not the Eruro one
as a matter of fact there is no Euro or Australian one available, see you get it all:drool:
Am I to asume there are three clusters:thinking:
Fitting both the intergrated sterring wheel and cluster, although it's an option, proir to oredering, one could order the parts for doing so, for a latter retrofit, I'd hate to think what the cost would be though.
Richard

It looks very similar to the pictures depicted in the 2007 brochure I have from Mercedes, UK.

-Jon

Altered Sprinter
06-09-2007, 04:40 AM
Your Dodge dash as photograph indicates STANDARD version this one does not integrate with the steering wheel OK....Note photo of Euro dash KLM
The schematic again for the 2007 Dodge Sprinter US shows all possible options for indicate lights, normally these only show in part when you turn on ignition.
Gas and Diesel will have a different set of icons, depending on options.
Richard.
The second photo is the Hi-Line version sort of acts like assist heaps of pretty lights and all sorts of codes for future forums to complain about:drool:
The last photo is for the standard dash instrumentation panel not with steering wheel integration

Your on-line sales assistant:smilewink:
Richard

stp57
06-10-2007, 03:19 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Sprinter-144-HC-2007-DODGE-SPRINTER-WAGON-2500-Passenger-Van-New_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ124120QQihZ013QQite mZ230141231815QQrdZ1

Check out this passenger 144 in Dallas (with cruise control). This could be from Gary's dealership. Nice van!
Steve

verojohn
06-10-2007, 05:56 PM
Mine was purchased the same way no cruise, 07 - 144 high room passenger van ( I never thought to look) - why would I look, who would think it wasn't there. Dual air, power windows, cd, electric mirrors etc - sure not a bare bones, but they did not order the cruise in the package, GRRRRRRRR.
Anyway, you can buy a kit but the kit is not available yet.
Mine has about what you described and it has cruise control and is the v-6 diesel.

georgetg
06-19-2007, 06:29 AM
how to retrofit cruise control:

german PDF (http://www.2yoo.de/dr/sprinter/umbauten/tempomatschalter/tempomat.pdf) (but it has the schematics so any ee inclined type can figure it out...)

Cheers
George

Dewey
06-23-2007, 05:05 AM
I just had the cruise installed at the dealer (Olathe, Kansas, USA). They now have a part number for the entire retro-fit kit, not just the switch. Everything is installed, but the dealer won't have the software to flash the computer until tuesday. Once that is done, I'll place my part numbers and prices here so you can get it done.
Once again, this is for a new '07 v6 diesel with standard options and instrumentation (no fancy dash gauges).

Altered Sprinter
06-23-2007, 05:12 AM
Thanks Dewey:thumbup:
Richard

Dewey
06-29-2007, 03:58 AM
The dealer did not get the software push from Sprinter techs, and I'm on my roadtrip now to NY. Looks like it will be another couple weeks.
It's a tease looking at the cruise switch, and not being able to use it.

kendall69
07-06-2007, 01:26 AM
Do you have the part numbers for the cruise control - 07 Sprinter.

I bought the “switch” , but now they say they need the “kit” and they do not have the part number.
Any assistance would be appreciated.
Thanks

jdcaples
07-06-2007, 02:28 AM
Do you have the part numbers for the cruise control - 07 Sprinter.

I bought the “switch” , but now they say they need the “kit” and they do not have the part number.
Any assistance would be appreciated.
Thanks

Try this:

#68034928AA

-Jon

kendall69
07-06-2007, 07:50 PM
jdcaples

Thanks I will inform the dealer who seems to not know about this.

Dewey
07-31-2007, 06:23 AM
I'm looking at my invoice now. I have the same part number that Jon put out:
68034928-AA $388.08

The switch looks good, but it doesn't work yet. My dealer installed this on 4 other vans, and still don't have the software to flash the computer.:idunno:

jdcaples
08-27-2007, 06:19 PM
I think the retro kit's available

RetroFit Kit - Genuine Manufacturer Parts (http://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1682)

-Jon

Dewey
08-29-2007, 09:02 PM
...and mine has been installed for 2 months now. Supposedly the software is now available. I'll find out tomorrow morning when they try to flash my computer.

Dewey
09-07-2007, 08:05 PM
Cruise works. Had the computer updated last week.

Technician had to call the "Star" hotline, give them my ABS controller serial number, hotline operator pulled 3 sixty-digit numbers from Mercedes database in Germany, and had the technician hand type in those three numbers. There is no universal software update, each van is different.

Apparently, updated the dash can take up to 2000-digit codes. Ouch. These codes can be emailed to the technician if they have time, and then just uploaded in.

Finally, the switch works!!

The Guru
09-08-2007, 10:20 AM
Cruise Control can be easily retro-fitted to the NCV3 Sprinter, its just a matter of fitting the stalk and the coding the ESP control unit

Dewey
09-10-2007, 04:21 AM
Yes, you are correct. NOW it is.
2 1/2 months ago it was a headache.
Why cruise isn't standard in a passenger van boggles me. :idunno:

gerrym51
09-10-2007, 04:24 AM
Yes, you are correct. NOW it is.
2 1/2 months ago it was a headache.
Why cruise isn't standard in a passenger van boggles me. :idunno:

its only standard if package B was chosen

gerry:thinking:

SprinterUSA1
09-14-2008, 10:23 PM
No issue with my cruise control or anything else. Well sqeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaky brakes.
I would love to have the feature a saw in Rennsprinters new van. He can preset a certain speed with the cruise control lever and no matter how hard he pushes the throttle it would not go any faster then the set speed. If you set the cruise control it does the same thing essentially but sometimes it is better without. It be nice if we did not have to watch the speedometer constantly...........Same with Auto power up windows. Well just another option we will never see. I wonder if it can be retrofitted :popcorn:

SprinterUSA1

mean_in_green
09-14-2008, 10:42 PM
Auto up (or down) windows are a £70 option here.

Is there a real benefit to it? I tend to think it could be an option for its own sake, unless perhaps if you have the powered rear windows?

kmessinger
09-14-2008, 11:03 PM
doesw anyone have a Sprinter with one of the clusters Richard displayed?

I do! 2008 144"

I am interested the in the copy that said by extending or repeatedly pressing the trip reset button you can clear code . . .

Don't have any to clear but I will mess with this next time I go somewhere.

Regards,

Keith

sikwan
09-14-2008, 11:21 PM
He can preset a certain speed with the cruise control lever and no matter how hard he pushes the throttle it would not go any faster then the set speed. If you set the cruise control it does the same thing essentially but sometimes it is better without. It be nice if we did not have to watch the speedometer constantly.

:hmmm: Now why would you want this?

cedarsanctum
09-15-2008, 01:33 AM
Is this the instrument cluster spoken of above?

Everything works great except the clock. It's too hard to see at a glance and is in a stupid place.
Steering wheel controls take it through many different functions, but can be very distracting. I also miss an engine temp gauge, have to scroll through the display functions to see a digital version.

Jef

SprinterUSA1
09-15-2008, 06:28 PM
:hmmm: Now why would you want this?

We do have a lot of 25 or even just 35mph Speed limits in my area. We also have lots of hills an not a lot of flat terrain. If I set the cruise control to take over it would shift constantly to keep the rpms at he right point as it cannot see ahead and thus adjust throttle beforehand. If I can be in charge of driving but have the cruise just govern the preset speed I do not have to worry when listen to radio or talking on the phone.........and before you know it you are going faster then intended. The cops are lurking around everywhere.

SprinterUSA1