New Van, No Cruise??!!

Dewey

I bought my first Sprinter last week. Brand new, high roof. Dealer said it had cruise control. It arrives, and no cruise control!! Dealer checked into it more, and say its not even an option! So they write me a check to save the money for a later installment. Why is it not an option? Is my dealer ignorant? When will it be available? Can Mercedes install it?
I love the van, just really disappointed in no cruise.:idunno:

Dewey

I called the dealer, and they're checking into it. Why do the consumers know more than the dealers? Strange world.

When I bought it, Dealer told me it wasn't available with the new 3.0L, and that's why it wasn't an option. Even though it was an option for previous model years.

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
I bought my first Sprinter last week. Brand new, high roof. Dealer said it had cruise control. It arrives, and no cruise control!! Dealer checked into it more, and say its not even an option! So they write me a check to save the money for a later installment. Why is it not an option? Is my dealer ignorant? When will it be available? Can Mercedes install it?
I love the van, just really disappointed in no cruise.:idunno:

I don't believe Mercedes-USA will touch it.

Did you order package 22B (or 24B)?

It's included in the "B" option bundles.

-Jon

Dewey

I didn't order it.
It was sitting on a lot in Lincoln, NE, and my dealer in Olathe, KS picked it up. I'd have to look at the window sticker to see which package it has.

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
I didn't order it.
It was sitting on a lot in Lincoln, NE, and my dealer in Olathe, KS picked it up. I'd have to look at the window sticker to see which package it has.
Then most likely it was "Quick order package 22A" (or 24A if it's a gasser), which - yes - is pretty much a bare-bones list of options with the upfitter or fleet customer in mind.

kendall69

Mine was purchased the same way no cruise, 07 - 144 high room passenger van ( I never thought to look) - why would I look, who would think it wasn't there. Dual air, power windows, cd, electric mirrors etc - sure not a bare bones, but they did not order the cruise in the package, GRRRRRRRR.
Anyway, you can buy a kit but the kit is not available yet.

Last edited:

sosaphoto

Cruise can be retrofitted to the OM647 2.7L engine. It's not cheap, but can certainly be done. Chrysler has a PDF that tells the dealer how to do it.

Dewey

Again, it's a 2007, 3.0 CRD. Brand new, and dodge is not throwing me a bone here. Maybe I can get something from Mercedes.

kendall69

Dewy , good luck I've been beating my brains out on one for weeks now. If you find one let me know. If I find one I'll let you know.

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
Again, it's a 2007, 3.0 CRD. Brand new, and dodge is not throwing me a bone here. Maybe I can get something from Mercedes.
Certainly, it can't hurt to call a Mercedes shop. Maybe you can find a friendly MB tech with access to Daimler-* service materials who'd enjoy the challenge or do a job on the side..... but if that's a dead end....

I would turn to a friendly Freightliner shop.

I know there's no Freightliner dealership in MO, but you could make a few phone calls and see if someone non-Dodge might point you in a hopeful direction.

http://www.fl-sprinter.com

has a dealership locator feature. There's one a little south by southwest of Kansas City, KS.

Good fortune!

-Jon

kendall69

I just ordered cruise control fo rmy 07 YIPPEEEEEEE. WOOOOWEEEE.
I was told nope no way etc.etc., yet today I walked into the dealer an ordered one.

Part Number 68010454AA $106.98

sikwan

06 Tin Can
I just ordered cruise control fo rmy 07 YIPPEEEEEEE. WOOOOWEEEE.
I was told nope no way etc.etc., yet today I walked into the dealer an ordered one.

Part Number 68010454AA $106.98
:clapping:

I guess you will have to reprogram the computer?

kendall69

Not, it's going to have to be a dealer install. With warranty The minute I touch it they will want to void any further repairs relating to electrical.

Yes I will get screwed, but I have no choice.

Just happy as heck to have one after being told NO!!! all this time.:rad:

Top Bottom