engine shuts down as driving

noelski

hello does anyone now way my sprinter 2500shc just turns off will im driving it down the road it has 223900 miles on it and i cant find any dealer or manchanic that can tell me what is wrong with it i have been told it sounds like it is electal and i was told it was the fuel transporter so i changed the transporter and it still shuts off i have driven it 800 mile and not had a problem and then all of a sudden it will shut off it may drive another mile and shot off agin or it may go another 800miles there is no indecation of when it will shut off it just dies
i love my sprinter it is a great ride

maxextz

Rollin Rollin Rollin.....
hi i heard a story a while ago about something like your problem and it might be worth a look.

these lads where driving back north in the uk one night when all of a sudden the engine shuts down and left them stranded,
after lifting the bonnet"hood" and checking around and not finding anything they called the rescue service who towed them to some garage.
after a while the mechanic found the problem:thinking: it was the passenger who kicked the ecu:censored:"ecm" and in doing so dislodged one of the connectors which shuts down the engine.

it might be worth checking those connections about 5 blocks on the ecu.:hmmm:

max.........:popcorn:

Afigman

Afigman
My 2006 Tin did the same thing. The dealer (Crown Dodge in Ventura Ca 805 656 6669 ) spent 6 hours and found the problem. Under the drivers seat when you open the plastic door you see the fuse box. There is 2 small box shaped things in the fuse box. On the back of the one on the left the wires were loose. He found it when he jiggled the boxes while hooked up the code reader. They have something to do with the fuel system. So far no problems.

noelski

My 2006 Tin did the same thing. The dealer (Crown Dodge in Ventura Ca 805 656 6669 ) spent 6 hours and found the problem. Under the drivers seat when you open the plastic door you see the fuse box. There is 2 small box shaped things in the fuse box. On the back of the one on the left the wires were loose. He found it when he jiggled the boxes while hooked up the code reader. They have something to do with the fuel system. So far no problems.
thank ill check it out

Top Bottom