Help! Help! Help!

mikevalentine

Hi All,

Been a lurker for awhile now and enjoy all the helpful hints and pic's of all the trips. Nice group of people!!

Were hoping to purchase a Sprinter camper van in the near future as this seems to make the most sense for a retired couple, with a hound dog.
There are very few vendors here in Rhode Island and the only manufactures that sell in the area are Road Trek and Pleasure Way. Now these seem like fine products but because of the limited sellers in our area it is impossible to compare fit and finnish and evaluate weather these build outs are the best quality for the price.

Can anyone share their buying experience with us?? While internet pictures are helpful, It's impossible to make a decision based on pic's. We are willing to spend the time a travel expense but we are thinking you all might point us in the right direction.

Thanks all for you time and input !!!

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT
Hi All,

Been a lurker for awhile now and enjoy all the helpful hints and pic's of all the trips. Nice group of people!!

Were hoping to purchase a Sprinter camper van in the near future as this seems to make the most sense for a retired couple, with a hound dog.
There are very few vendors here in Rhode Island and the only manufactures that sell in the area are Road Trek and Pleasure Way. Now these seem like fine products but because of the limited sellers in our area it is impossible to compare fit and finnish and evaluate weather these build outs are the best quality for the price.

Can anyone share their buying experience with us?? While internet pictures are helpful, It's impossible to make a decision based on pic's. We are willing to spend the time a travel expense but we are thinking you all might point us in the right direction.

Thanks all for you time and input !!!
Call the manufacturers and ask them to tell you which vendors in your region stock the vans. You must see them before buying if you're unfamiliar.

sikwan

06 Tin Can
I would first narrow down the interior layout that you like the best. Then find a couple that is the closest to you geographically to compare the fit and finish.

Do this over and over again until you find the best layout, fit and finish, and bang for the buck.

autostaretx

Erratic Member
With something like the Sprinter (RV or not), it's really really important to find and -test drive- the various models you're considering.

We test drove the plain cargo model near Seattle, and then drove 300 miles (round trip) to test drive the same-sized passenger model in Portland Oregon.
The handling and feel was drastically different and instantly showed that the trip was worth it.
(as was taking the train down the -next- weekend to pick one up after dealer prep)

good luck hunting...
--dick

aljimenez

'13 LTV Serenity on '12 3
Adding to the advise you have received, Even if you plan on buying new, look at old used ones to assess how well the finish lasts inside and outside. I found it very revealing to see first hand how well the inside of these units holds up to use. I own a '05 Pleasureway on '04 Sprinter and owned a '99 one on a Dodge. The inside finish is robust and well designed. I used to bump my head a lot in the '99 and no more with the latest designs; these are the little things you learn after owning a couple of units... Al

ben322

A long test drive should be an important factor. I almost purchased a '09 Roadtrek RS, (having just sold our '02 Roadtrek), on the 2500 chassis and then took a test drive in the PW on the 3500 chassis. For me, a hands down winner, (3500 chassis), in stability as the RV version of any Sprinter adds significant weight. The PW floorplan didn't work for us but the Airstream Interstate did. Now having seen the 2010 Roadtrek RS on the 3500 chassis, I'm still happy I chose the AS. Another thing to consider is some Sprinter 2500 RV's are very close, or over, max GVW when loaded.

Top Bottom