PDA

View Full Version : It's a wonderful day

nocky
05-01-2007, 02:13 AM
I thought I would never see the day! :bow:
After I bought my Sprinter in 2004 and diesel has always been higher than gas:thumbdown: .
I had to take this photo. I hope it is a sign of things to come, at least through the summer. Hope, is a wonderful thing.

sikwan
05-01-2007, 02:55 AM
Here in San Jose, CA, prices are 10-15 cents cheaper for diesel.

Ever since everything went up to $3.00, I can feel it in my pocketbook.

RoveRPh
05-01-2007, 01:21 PM
In Central NY, diesel is a couple cents cheaper than ever the 87 octane stuff.

acvr4
05-01-2007, 06:44 PM
Here in town diesel is cheaper than regular gas. They are still holding out at $2.999 while regular gas is like $3.13.
Just over the line in NY regular gas and diesel both are running $3.109 a gallon. :idunno:

What Next
05-02-2007, 01:55 AM
Northern IL gas $2.99 diesel $3.09 still waiting for it to be less than gas. Oh well.

Little edit, add on here , one day later gas $3.09 diesel $2.95.

poolmike
05-02-2007, 02:08 AM
Well, my gassers will be parked for a while. These prices are bad with talk of $4/gallon by summer. NO GOOD!!

kkanuck
05-02-2007, 03:10 AM
Filled up yesterday in NC at a flying J for $ 2.55 / gal which seemed real cheap. here at home it is more like $ 289.00 in Atlanta, and about the same for 87 unleaded too!

$4.00 for the summer, say it aint TRUE!

acvr4
05-02-2007, 01:29 PM
That $4 a gallon alway get brought up. I think they leak that out so when the prices hit the high $3 no one complains since it hasn't reached that $4 mark. Time will tell and lets hope not.

rvdriverca
05-03-2007, 12:56 AM
you can check the fuel price here for every state.

http://www.fuelgaugereport.com/

Flyingj.com is usually cheaper, except in Washington state , In Wa. flyingj's are run by independent owners. Here in BC., western Canada, fuel at a gas station is $1.09 per liter, at flyingj $0.867 per liter.

Suba
05-07-2007, 03:30 AM
I filled up today @ $2.67 a gal @ a Flying J. Funny I can remember when regular gas was .26 cents a gallon, and many times down to .18 cents during the gas wars of the early 60's

BaywoodBill
05-07-2007, 05:42 PM
I filled up today @ $2.67 a gal @ a Flying J. Funny I can remember when regular gas was .26 cents a gallon, and many times down to .18 cents during the gas wars of the early 60's

The good old days, with 4 gas stations at the intersection and you'ld drive across the street to save a penny/gal.

Suba
05-08-2007, 01:41 AM
So true :clapping:

jdcaples
05-08-2007, 04:58 AM

I just received my April CFN statement. CFN is short for Commercial Fueling Network (http://www.cfnnet.com) The stations are a cardlock-associated co-operative. I paid something like $2.94 / gallon last month over a two week period. I saw a lot of diesel pricing at $3.25 or more / gallon during that period.

CFN cardholders don't have to be business-buyers. Any CFN station can provide membership to individuals. It's basically a credit card. I like it because every CFN pump I've used has 25-micron filter/water separators on the tanks with a date scribbled on them to indicate duty cycle. The one in the picture's a Parker/Racor FDW 51125. The highspeed pumps get two filters.

I also like knowing the tank supplies are refreshed two or three times per week, way more often - so I'm told - than the average Shell or Chevron station in the area.

-Jon

BaywoodBill
05-08-2007, 07:38 PM
CFN cardholders don't have to be business-buyers. Any CFN station can provide membership to individuals.

This sounds very interesting. I looked at the CFN website. It doesn't give information about getting a card except to go to one of the member stations. What's involved? Like, is there a fee? Do you have to go to a member station?

Also, there's comflicting information on there about what are member stations. When I went to the page that shows a map of the US and found a nearby town, it showed a member. But when I went to the other locator search, it didn't find a member in that town.

jdcaples
05-08-2007, 08:39 PM
This sounds very interesting. I looked at the CFN website. It doesn't give information about getting a card except to go to one of the member stations. What's involved? Like, is there a fee? Do you have to go to a member station?

[finding a station ]

You pretty much have to talk to a person, but I think it all be done with phone, fax and postal mail. It's low tech in that regard. It wouldn't surprise me if the CFN website content was manually updated with new member stations and closures.

From http://www.cfnnet.com/cardholder_01.html
---
Here's how you can become a CFN cardholder:

Just e-mail CFN at ericam@cfnnet.com. Let us know what city and state you live in and we will email you back with a list of oil companies in your area that are members of CFN. You can then give them a call and request information on how you can become a CFN cardholder.
---

Fees:

I wasn't asked for a fee. My first invoice only lists accurate fuel volumes and fuel charges; No one-time membership fee, no monthly due or anything like that and I didn't sign anything that indicated there would be any monies due outside of the cost of fuel I pumped.

What I did:
I went into a member station's office on a Tuesday, asked for an application to become a card holder. I filled out the paperwork, much like any other utility form. I believe that getting water/sewer and garbage service at my house - in the city limits - was more involved.

I took the application back the next afternoon.

Wednesday morning I received a phone call from an employee of the station, asking that since I wasn't a business, would I consent to a credit check.

I said I'd call him back, hung up and called the station. A receptionist answered. I asked to speak with him and provided the info needed for the credit check.

I had the card Thursday afternoon.

As with driving habits, your mileage may vary. :)

-Jon