Pulley tool

nebep

Here's a pic of the "special tool" my Snap-On man manufactured for me.

I use this to EASILY remove idler pulleys mounted at the top of the T1N motor. The cap snaps off, and there's a T47 in the middle.

Using this tool I change 'em out QUICK...just a couple minutes....

The Battery terminal tool is: Blue-Point YA249L
The tip is a replacement tip for a T47 socket.

The fella just put the terminal wrench in the vise and tapped the replacement socket tip in. There's a little "nub" that wedges into the 5/16" hole, and voila, you've got a nice, low profile tool for loosening/replacing these with ease!

Attachments

Ogre

Genius. Seeing as I have both of those tools laying around in the garage, I think I might make one out of both.

nebep

I'm not sure what torx tip you have, this is a REPLACEMENT TIP for a Snap-On socket. It has a little "nub" on the side that wedges it into the terminal wrench...

I guess maybe some super-glue or equal adhesive may accomplish the same thing..

Ogre

I'm not sure what torx tip you have, this is a REPLACEMENT TIP for a Snap-On socket. It has a little "nub" on the side that wedges it into the terminal wrench...

I guess maybe some super-glue or equal adhesive may accomplish the same thing..
You're right. I stand corrected, I do not have the replacement tip, but will get one next time I see the tool man. Again thanks for posting this up. It will save a lot of time when swapping out the pulley.

nebep

(don't take any of these follow up personal - just wanna make sure this is what you're expecting it to be)

This is for the pulleys that are near the top of the motor. NOT for adjusting the tensioner for belt removal!!
:professor:

Ogre

Nope, didn't take it personal at all.

While I don't have just the tip, I have a t47 socket at home. Which I might be able to make it work.

1hen2ducks

2006 SHC & DAD owner
Re: Marvelous Pulley tool

OK, that's really nice but up til now how has everyone removed the idler pulleys.
I'm going bug-fuk trying to get the passenger, (starboard) side pully off.
The bloody fan is in the way. What up ? :yell:

Mike

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite

OK, that's really nice but up til now how has everyone removed the idler pulleys.

Mike
Man:1Hen2ducks has finally done his Wing ding nutworm_in_hole.gif
Richard

WAYNERODD

Mike
Use a small socket. Or you can remove the fan blade. It's only held on by 3 screws.

mountainhick

I wish I had seen this a week or so ago!

You could potentially do this with a 5/'16 or 8mm hex key for the fan as well. Would need to extend the terminal wrench handle. I did this with a piece of 1/2 EMT conduit on an allen wrench, but it didn't ratchet. Strap on an extension on the terminal wrench and ratchet away!

BTW if your a cheap ass like me, Harbor freight has terminal wrenches for about $3

Top Bottom