A handy set-up for break-downs!

bikerjoe

Some time ago, at the very beginning of the creation of this little product, I was so impressed with them that I purchased TEN units on the spot. I have not regretted it for a moment!

I am talking about the Pak-Lite! It is a small injection-molded body containing two super bright LEDs that snaps onto an ordinary 9-volt battery.

As a man who runs a towing service, I am often in need of some quick means to warn approaching traffic of a hazard. Road flares burn out quickly and if they roll over to the shoulder, they can cause a brush fire. In some parts of southern California, flares are illegal because of the fire hazard.

So I came upon two guys at a gun show. They had these little lights on a table, and were selling them for $20.00 each, with a fresh battery. I initially thought that was an excessive price, but then I quickly realized how the RED ones would make a perfect road "flare!"

I found a plastic eyeglass case that holds eight of them perfectly, and they ride in the door pocket, ready for easy access.

They sell them in different colors, and different configurations. most have a two-position switch that either changes from low power to high power, or ONE bright LED to TWO, or two solid to two flashing, etc. They make IR and UV versions as well!

These lights are so effecient, that 1-1/2 years later I am still working off of the original batteries, and they show no signs of slowing down.

Think about these things ... your van is DEAD on the side of the road, or you have to leave it in some precarious spot for several hours ... how do you keep it from getting hit by a passing vehicle? Well, you can set a few of these on your rear bumper and they WILL be seen!

I use two of them as a warning light when moving long things, like a 15-foot Christmas tree! I just zip-tie two of them to the tip of the tree and the bright red lights warn approaching cars of the extended load.

A set of four or five of these, four RED and one WHITE would work great! Four to ward off traffic, and a white one to work on the vehicle. A big bulky flashlight is a problem, but the Pak-Lite can fit into tiny places and light up your world!

I am just one of their customers. I do not work for them or receive any thing for this post, but I really do think they are terrific, so there you go!

bikerjoe

To give you some idea of how brigh they are, I once laid out five of them for a stalled motorcycle. A CA. highway patrolman pulled up and was astonished. He told me that from a distance of a mile, he would have SWORN I had lit road flares in a fire hazardous area. When he saw what they were, he only had one word, ... "Technology!"

Top Bottom