Is my Scanguage telling the truth?

kmessinger

My ScanGuage stopped lighting up at night so I sent it in for a free repair. Now that I have it back, MPG doesn't work like I remember. Used to be on a hill if I took my foot off the pedal, the ScanGuage would show, 250 mpg, 2500mpg and finally reach 9999mpg. I used to get a kick out of coasting.

Now it never reaches those numbers. In fact, if I am going down a hill and it read 12.2 or so and I take my foot off the pedal, it will drop to 8.5 - I have never seen it go above 24.

Is the ScanGuage telling the truth? Is there something wrong with my throttle? Or is it the ScanGuage? I know I am supposed to burn no diesel going down a hill with my foot off the throttle but with a wire driven throttle maybe something is wrong.

Regards,

Keith

72chevy4x4

are there different settings for mpg-as in instataneous and average? Sounds like it's set on the latter where as it was on the former before the factory repair.

bikergar

Keith

Have you been through at least one fill-up so you can make the necessary corrections? :idunno:

gary

kmessinger

I can't believe I had to resort to reading the instructions :bash:

It seems although it retains its settings when the key is off or the battery is disconnected, it won't retain the settings when you send it to the factory and back :idunno: Duh!

Once I set it for diesel instead of the default gasoline it worked fine.

Thanks!

Keith

wenzomatic

BTW- Where is the ODB2 connector located on a 2008? I can't seem to see it and I didn't want to start removing panels... This Sprinter is not like my old Ford...

Wenz

cedarsanctum

re: Member
BTW- Where is the ODB2 connector located on a 2008? I can't seem to see it and I didn't want to start removing panels... This Sprinter is not like my old Ford...

Wenz
Right above the lever for opening the hood. You do have to remove the panel, and then there's a cover over the socket.

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
The ODB connector is behind a removable, hinged panel - as mentioned before, right above the hood release lever on the interior, driver foot well, outboard.

There is a turn/lock fastner. Release the panel and a beige, curved, rectangular plastic panel will fall open, exposing fuses.

The ODB connector is further protected by a hinged, black cover which swings from the inboard side, down to dangle by the outboard hinge of the ODB connector cover.

If you put the back of your head near the brake pedal and look towards the driver door, you'll see it. T

The ODB connector is not visible from the driver's seat. It "stares down" at the driver foot well.

-Jon

Top Bottom