Intermittent coolant loss

Arebees

Hello,
I am new to Sprinter Talk.
I have a 2006 Sprinter that perodically leaks coolant. I have had at the dealer a few times and they can't find a leak either by pressuring the system up or finding a "trail" of coolant. The leaking comes and goes and seems to be coming from somewhere high up on the motor. Any thoughts?

bikergar

I would ask if it appears to leak only when you first start it up when cold. On a vehicle of mine turned out to be a couple of hose clamps that were just loose enough to leak when the engine was cold, but would stop when warm. The vehicle with the problem was not a Sprinter.

gary

Hello,
I am new to Sprinter Talk.
I have a 2006 Sprinter that periodically leaks coolant. I have had at the dealer a few times and they can't find a leak either by pressuring the system up or finding a "trail" of coolant. The leaking comes and goes and seems to be coming from somewhere high up on the motor. Any thoughts?
Arebees,
First let me extend you a hale and hearty welcome to the forum.

As nobody has answered I reply here so you don't feel ignored, but it is not specific information. I would open the hood and snug up every hose clamp that you can see and then crawl underneath to do the same. Note I said snug up, you don't want to over-tighten them. Watch it for a while after that to see if it worked. If you still are losing coolant, there are dyes that can be added to the system to aid in tracing leaks. Hope this does some good. AP/vic

Edit: Oops. I see Bkergar replied while I two finger typed.

Top Bottom