A Sprinter Hearse?

bikerjoe

Since these vehicles are so versatile, has anyone seen a Sprinter HEARSE? Ever since I was a child, I have wanted to own and drive a hearse. About a year ago, a 1963 Cadillac hearse in MINT condition appeared on eBay. I bid $5K but the price went up beyond my ability to buy it. I contacted the wining bidder and told him that if he ever decided to sell it, I would guarantee a 20% profit on his money if he gave me "first turndown." That means that if he sells it, he gives me the FIRST chance to buy it at 20% over what he paid, but if I cannot afford it at the time, then he can sell it to someone else. It was all original! Kept by a family of funeral home owners, garaged and only brought out for special celebrity funerals ... dang! I wish I had the $19,900.00 it sold for!

abittenbinder

Doktor A (864-623-9110)
Apparently I'm not the only one on this site requiring therapy. I recall (from the yahoo group) a company specializing in conversion of Sprinters for multi-casket transport. I assume that was empty(fresh) caskets. Sounds like your kind of franchise, though it falls woefully short of an actual (yummy-rubbing your hands together) hearse. Doktor A

bikerjoe

LOL! Wow! I figured they would have some role in the funeral industry. I still love the old Cadillac hearses though, with the massive grills and the tail fins ... nothing says "Goin' out in style!" like a big, black Cadillac hearse!

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Ever since I was a child! I wanted to own and drive one:wtf:

After all Everyone's dying to get into one>

Any one for a test Drive! Its a permanent missionary position

Richard

talkinghorse43

I don't have a pic, but I have seen a black 3500 cab/chassis with a box mounted for delivering caskets of the Batesville brand here in PA.

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Thats it
I'm outa here Vincent Price has risen, it's after mid-nite! and the hounds are are a' Howlin'
So to all you coffin cheaters on the forum
It's time to do the walk on the dark side of life.
- "Thriller" - 1983
Ghost who walks

bikerjoe

Well, think about this! A hearse is a rare vehicle, so it would not be difficult to locate in a large parking lot. It has lots of "cargo" space and loading and unloading heavy items is easy because the floor is equipped with rollers.

BTW, the insurance rates for a hearse are VERY low! It seems that statistically, hearses are involved in the fewest accidents of all vehicle types! LOL!

KenB

Mileage is not so good, but the return trips are usually "dead-heads"... then again the outbound trips usually are too.:bash: :cheers: :bounce:

Thanks,
KenB

Top Bottom