Winnebago has announced they will release the Era again for 2012 after laying off for all of 2011. The move follows RoadTrek and PleasureWay and others who now offer their van conversions on the 3500 dually instead of the traditional 2500 allowing greater carrying capacities. Changes include a longer awning; larger sofa, and a 110v additional method of heating water.
For 2013 the ERA has a new 70A floor plan that starts to set the ERA apart from the rest of the Sprinter van conversions. Features a raised bed in back that is a twin, but converts to a king. The raised bed hides a LARGE storage area underneath that is accessible from inside or out via a lifting section of the bed, a couch up front converts into a second bed, rare in a van conversion.
Winnebago is one of the most famous RV manufacturers. In 2009 they have finally gotten into the Sprinter van conversion business, and they did it right. Taking all the best ideas from all the previous Sprinter conversions they left LOTS of windows open to view the sights. A full size shower and kitchen with really nice appointments. A second table location allowing you to leave the rear dinette set up as a bed so you don't have to make it up every night. Optional extra storage by removing seats. And the latest coolness, the waste macerator to make dumping a white glove event.
To discuss and get access to further info on the Winnebago Era you can visit the Sprinter-Forum.com Winnebago Motor Homes pages.
The 2009 and 2010 Era comes in three floor plans based on different length models, 19', 22' and 24':
The second row of chairs can be swapped out for storage cabinets giving more storage to less people. The bed in the Extended version is a much more reasonable 78"
- Length 22'9" 170R 24'1" 170X
- Awning Length 11'6"
- Freshwater Capacity w/Heater2 (gal.) 30
- Holding Tank Capacity – Black/Gray2 (gal.) 10/22
- LP Capacity (gal.) 16
- 15" LCD TV and stereo system w/AM/FM, CD/DVD player, speakers, amplified TV antenna
- Room-darkening roller shades
- Powered ventilator fan (kitchen)
- Powered roof vent (bath)
- Systems monitor panel
- Solid-surface countertop
- Microwave oven
- 2-burner range top w/glass cover
- Stainless steel sink w/folding faucet and glass cover
- Shower w/wall surround and bath cabinet
- Flexible showerhead
- Shower curtain
- Stainless steel sink
- 16,000 BTU furnace
- 13,500 BTU roof air conditioner
- AC/DC load center/converter
- Auxiliary start circuit
- Group 31 deep-cycle battery
- Coach battery disconnect system
- Dual battery charge system
- Generator prep kit
- 45-amp. converter/charger
- 30-amp. power cord
- 6-gallon LP water heater
- Exterior Service Center: city water hookup/tank diverter valve, drainage valves and exterior wash station
- TrueLevel™ holding-tank monitoring system
- 12-ft. sewer hose
- Winterization Package: water heater bypass valve and siphon tube
- On-demand water pump
- 12-volt macerator sewage pump
- Permanent-mount LP tank w/gauge
- 180-amp. alternator
- Stylized aluminum wheels
- RV Radio®: AM/FM stereo, CD player, remotes and iPod/MP3 input
- Chassis/coach battery radio power switch
- Cab Seats: armrests, adjustable lumbar support, adjustable headrest and slide/swivel/recline
- Ventilated glove compartment
- Pleated, sliding front window blinds
- Curtains for cab door windows
- Appliqué package
This section needs completion.