fuses

1. G

How to size fuses at battery bank

Hey there, New to building vans and electrical set ups. So bare with me. Trying to keep things simple. I’m having trouble understanding what size fuse (or fuses) I’ll need either a) between my batteries and/or b) between my batteries and my main shutoff switch. I have 2 100AH LiPo4 batteries I...
  2. S

T1N Won't Start (Checked battery/fuses)

Hi, My T1N won't start, the dash won't light up, and engine won't crank. The key will turn and the steering wheel can turn. ~200k miles Had a check engine light- mechanic said I needed a new mass air sensor and filter, appt next week. My sprinter has a parasitic load, so I unlatched the...
  3. sarl_cagan

mice in the fuse box! - how to safely clean it out

Hello everyone! My question for you all: How delicate do I need to be when moving wires and modules around beneath the driver's seat? Are there any known trouble areas? Any "no touch" areas? The back story: I'm in deep clean mode on the new van. Low and behold, there's an old mouse nest...
  4. G

Electrical Gremlins . . .

I've been saving up some questions . . . 1a) I installed an aftermarket rearview mirror/camera. It is AMAZING and was less than $100!! I used an add-a-fuse piggyback onto a fuse that seemed to have power both with the key on and off. Basically the idea is i will have a video if someone messes...
  5. F

Multiple blown fuses

Hi. I have problem with 2003 van and can't figure out what is wrong with it. :bash: It keeps blowing fuses 6, 7, 9 (when I turn on hazards) and 10 (when I turn on lights, parks or daylights). I can't use blinkers, wipers and brake light does not work as well. What can be a problem for this...
  6. S

Fusing issues

Hi all, I'd like to connect my Sprinter van's starter battery to a 100amph auxiliary battery (that is charged by 2 100W solar panels) via an ACR. The auxiliary battery (and the ACR) will be located under the passenger's seat, so it'll be about 3-4 feet from the starter battery. I'll be using...
  7. S

HELP!! NO DRIVERS SIDE LOW BEAM

I have a 2016 MB 2500 Cargo Van. My driver’s side low beam was out so I replaced the bulb and still NO Light!! The old bulb was still good as well so the problem has to be something else. I looked for headlight fuses in my Fuse Allocation Supplement but didn’t find any fuses for the...
  8. J

Fuse types 12 volt selection/use

Hi All. I'm hoping to get a little advice on what types of fuses I can/should be using for my 12v system (Anl, mega, midi, maxi...) I will need 5 or 6 of these between 100 and 200 amps for various places (battery to inverter, isolator to battery, battery to fuse block, etc.) I understand that...
  9. theOMsound

Fuse #6 Keeps Blowing!

Hey everyone, I'm having an issue with fuse #6 - windshield wipers (and, apparently, turn signals, though not listed on the map. The hazards still work, however.) It blows immediately when you turn the wipers on, but turn signals work fine if you don't use the wipers. Of course the wiper motor...
  10. I

Fuse types needed?

Hi all, I'm the one week new owner of a 2017 Plateau FL. Can someone suggest the best collection of fuses to carry as "just in case" spares, and are Mercedes fuses the same ordinary fuses as, say for a Ford - mini auto car blade fuses? Thanks in advance. I'll be back - I'm sure I'll have...
  11. T

Using the FSM manual to match up diagrams with fuses

So I'm currently dealing with four separate DTCs: 2978-002 : Y27/13 (Exhaust gas recirculation cooling solenoid valve) - Short circuit to ground 2527-002 Y27/11 (Exhaust gas recirculation positioner) - Short circuit to ground 2526-004 Y77/1 (Boost pressure regulator) - Signal line is...
  12. A

Fuse box attached to battery causing power drain (pic)

Hey all, There is a 2.5 amp draw that is killing my battery at night on my 2004 Sprinter 3500. I found the culprit which turns out to be a fuse box attached directly to the positive terminal of my battery. As soon as I removed the fuse box the key off amp draw went to 0. When I reattached it...
  13. C

Center console fuse outlet for Tire Compressor

The fuse for this outlet is located in position one of the fuse box under the dash on the left front of the drivers side. How do you pull it out to check and replace? Thanks Cliff
  14. J

Brake light issue

We borrowed our friends 2004 Sprinter to see if we want to buy it. We have been fixing a lot of little issues to make it safe. We replaced about 10 bulbs so far but there is an issue with the brake lights on the right side in the rear. Initially the upper bulb (1157) in the housing was working...
  15. N

Radio and Overhead Light Don't Work

While driving last week i went to change the radio station and the radio just lost power. Checked the fuse, #15, looked to be in great condition. Soon after realized that the overhead lights were not working, #8 fuse, again in good condition. Not sure what direction to look for the issue...
  16. W

How to use the Factory Fuse Holders

OK So I sot out to make my additions look nice, I had a number of unused fuse slots and additionally I had a unused fuse older. I found the parts, (I'll post later all of the part numbers.) Single Terminal Double Terminal Triple Terminal Single terminal is used to take the fused power and run...
  17. S

Where is the fuse for 12V socket?

I have a 2008 Sprinter (with RV conversion). The 12V socket on the bottom of the center console stopped working. I am not sure about which fuse it is. According the the manual, it is #25, That is a much larger and different looking fuse, in the upper left of the fuse panel. Is this the...
  18. B

Trailer wire Module DANGER WILL ROBINSON!

Bought a new trailer the other day. The seller told me that it had the round light connector, but he had a flat 4 conductor, and that he’d patch it in for me before I arrived. In my haste to depart and drive the 3 hours back home, I didn’t pay a whole heck of a lot of attention to what he had so...

Top Bottom