electrical

1. H

Powering the head unit with house batteries for music

I want to use the head unit for media control when parked, as I just installed a pretty nice sound system in the back, but I think the head unit turns off after 20 mins, so could you possibly power it with the house batteries, or is there another solution? it is a 2019+ or 907 in Europe I saw...
  2. thesmith

NCV3: 2006-2018 OEM alternator Y cable p/n 906 440 16 41, open box

New/never installed OEM alternator to battery "Y cable", mercedes part number 906 440 16 41. Bought the wrong cable (twice!) and could not return parts in time. Box only opened to check fitment. $80 OBO, all offers considered. I just need these out of my place.
  3. P

Stock Webasto to Solar Batteries

Ladies and gents, I have a 2022 sprinter 2500 VS30. I was under my can and noticed a Webasto Evo Top diesel heater under my van already installed and wired to my starter battery. I have an Espar on order and should be delivered any day now. Instead of having two heaters on my van can I just...
  4. georgeSJC

Van's House Power System - Always On?

We've installed our "house" system, all is running fine. It's a whole new world! Question, what is the best practice short term storage for proper maintenance and long term durability of the system components? Leave the system on? Employ the master disconnect? Our system in a nutshell: - 335w...
  5. Whollyterra

Replaced the harmonic balancer, that is all i did and now it will crank but not start.

I replaced the harmonic balancer. Pulled my little crank tool out, put the belt back on. Hopped in my 2006 t1n that i just pulled in running well just making the balancer noise and now it cranks but does not start. Codes are all over the place i am attaching the codes. I think i musta bumped a...
  6. G

Help: Unknown connection on a campervan conversion - 2014 Sprinter 316 CDI 4x4

Hi All Hoping someone can help me with the following. Currently converting a 2014 Sprinter 316 Cdi 4x4 into a camper. The van was previously used as an energy company workshop van so had been converted to suit. This included: Secondary 100A 'leisure' battery 1400W inverter Diesel Heater 12V...
  7. G

How to size fuses at battery bank

Hey there, New to building vans and electrical set ups. So bare with me. Trying to keep things simple. I’m having trouble understanding what size fuse (or fuses) I’ll need either a) between my batteries and/or b) between my batteries and my main shutoff switch. I have 2 100AH LiPo4 batteries I...
  8. V

Renogy 1000W Inverter Charger

Works perfectly - it just came out of my van. I upgraded to a 3000W. https://www.renogy.com/1000w-pure-sine-wave-inverter-charger/
  9. Racepirate

NCV3: 2006-2018 Xantrex Freedom SW3012 Inverter / Charger 3000w Demo L@@K

This Inverter was used for a demo at SEMA in 2022, never installed in Vehicle Just traveled and was part of display a little scratch and dented but works perfect! ( Checked on Bench last week) Selling for 40% off
  10. cwp

Misc Electrical Material (SOLD)

Completed my buildout and have some leftover electrical material. Asking $20 OBO, plus shipping. Included: cable wrap 12V light misc. connectors Anchor wiring in: 12 AWG 16 AWG 18AWG Standard 12GA and 14GA primary wire
  11. abiss

T1N Air Compressor recommendations / Alternator Options

Hey, looking into installing an Air Compressor into my T1N. Seems like most bang for Buck option is Smittybilt 2781 (5.64cfm for ~$220). Any other recommendations I should look at? I believe the compressor is rated for 45amps at 13.5V. I’m not sure what the stock alternator supplies but would...
  12. I

[Electrical Question] DC Distribution Panel

Hey! I have 2 questions about the 12v DC power: I was wondering: 1) Can I use the (attached) breaker panel in place of the (attached) fuse block for DC distribution? I attached a photo of my planned DC loads and I'm worried that 12 circuits won't be enough. 2) Does anybody have...
  13. I

[Electrical Question] - AC Distribution Panel

Hey! I was wondering about the AC distribution panel: I was wondering what the 30A “AC Main” switch and the “Reverse Polarity” switches do (see attached) I want to have at least 3 - 15A receptacles in my van and so I was thinking of getting the AC breaker panel attached. p.s. I am also...
  14. JG2000

OEM 180Amp TO 220Amp Alternator Upgrade

Hi everyone, I have some unanswered questions about upgrading the factory 180a (valeo A 000 906 88 02) to the factory optional 220a Alternator. I cannot find the part number for the 220a, and unsure if it’s a direct plug and play. Mercedes is unsure without part numbers. *I have some...
  15. E

Victron Multiplus Inverter Overload with Electric Cooktop

I've just installed my electric cooktop that pulls about 2600-2700W from my Victron Multiplus 3000, however the multiplus is flashing the overload light and I'm getting pretty bad voltage drop on my BMV-712. At 13.5V with no load, my batteries are dropping to 12.1V roughly. Additionally, the...
  16. P

Electrical problem after dpf regeneration

Hi everyone, My van Sprinter 314 2017 went into dpf regeneration mode this morning. As I didn’t have to drive very far I was just sitting and keeping the revs up, done that before, it was all fine. All of a sudden instrument cluster dies, all needles drop to zero and whole bunch of lights...
  17. tribalXnature

Can I splice into rear door OEM 12v system to power a couple little computer fans?

Rear doors have the contact pads to pass electricity to rear door locks/license plate lights/window heaters upon closure of the doors. I am developing an idea to install two sets of upper door panel inside/outside vents with (switched on panel) silent computer fan in between. Drivers side rear...
  18. D

Blue Sea Systems Parts

Leftovers from van build out. All new. Hoping for Portland buyer to avoid shipping. Blue Sea Systems 8077 AC Main, 30A - $65.00 Blue Sea Systems PowerBar 600A BusBar with Four 3/8 studs $55.00 Blue Sea Systems 2708 Connector Cover, 600A - $5.00 $125.00 for all three
  19. D

VS30: 2019+ Blue Sea Systems Parts

Leftovers from van build out. All new. Prefer not to ship so hoping for local Portland buyer. Blue Sea Systems 8077 AC Main, 30A - $75.00 Blue Sea Systems PowerBar 600A BusBar with Four 3/8 studs $65.00 Blue Sea Systems 2708 Connector Cover, 600A - $10.00 $135.00 for all three
  20. T

Switch wiring for DC-DC charger

Hello. I have a Renogy 40A DC to DC charger that connects to my alternator (2019 Sprinter 170). The charger has a switch which is active when connected to 12V. It is currently wired to the positive wires that enter my charger. This is working completely fine and I am able to switch on and off...

Top Bottom