oil change

1. A

4 Cylinder 2.1i Service Intervals

I know this has been rehashed to death at times, but it also seems as though MB is always updating there guidelines with different model years, etc. I was always curious why my 2016 van reccomended 20,000 miles, but the newer vans had different (10,000 mile?) intervals? How often do you change...
  2. soiboughtavan

Where should I get my oil changed? 2008 Dodge Sprinter

Hello, I'm Luke! Model -2008 Dodge Sprinter 2500 6cyl 3.0L Currently I'm near El paso, TX and would like to avoid going into a Mercedes dealership to get the oil changed. Last time I had it changed I went to The Great Canadian Oil Change and they used Valvoline 5W 30 European Diesel Oil. That...
  3. TobinO

Found Metal in Oil

Hello everybody! Yesterday I changed the oil on my 2010 Freightliner Sprinter 2500 and found some metal in my oil. I noticed it in the drain pan after I was pouring it into my big oil recycling bucket. There were a few flecks and one shaving that was silver (the piece that really caught my...
  4. R

Torque Specification on Oil Pan Bolts

I am replacing the lower oil pan/sump on my 2008 Dodge Sprinter 2500 (3.0 L Turbo Diesel). Does anyone know the torque specifications for the bolts that bind the lower and upper sump together? I have a subscription to ChiltonDIY that says 12 Nm (106 in. lbs.), however, the the sump in the...
  5. C

1 YR & 20K

Good morning all, I am looking at a 2019 Sprinter 144, High Roof, 2WD. I know the book says maintenance should be done at 1 YR or 20K. Is this reasonable? Are people doing maintenance more frequently than that? Will I be doing damage to the Sprinter by using this maintenance interval? Thanks! Carl
  6. wdavi014

Oil Filter Cap Broken and Plastic Went Down the Hole...

Hey folks, Was changing the oil this morning and upon removing the filter, I realized the filter housing cap is broken. More specifically, the plastic "lattice" structure broke into several smaller pieces (see attached photo), and some were found in the housing where the filter sits. I'm not...
  7. A

Rear Diff oil change. 2001 313 cdi sprinter

Hi, I have just bought a 2001, 313 CDI, MWB, High top sprinter. 180K on the clock. Changing gear when cold is a little clunky and i'm not 100% sure on the last time, the rear diff oil has been changed. I've read a few different posts and watched a youtube tutorial and carrying out the work...
  8. W

Rotella T6 Multi-vehicle (228.51) now available

http://rotella.shell.com/products/shell-rotella-t6-multi-vehicle-5w-30-full-synthetic-heavy-duty.html https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/SHR550046251 https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/shell-rotella-t6-4920/oil-16865/motor-oil---heavy-duty-diesel-19614/heavy-duty-motor-oil/t65301/4901981 $29-ish...
  9. C

Service Sticker Shock

Took my 2015 Sprinter in for transmission service only. I do engine oil change, fuel filter change and other maintenance. I have an extended warranty with Mercedes out to 125k miles. I use my truck for my air conditioning service company. 38K on odo. Transmission Service I want done by...
  10. D

Valvoline SynPower SAE 5W40 MST 6/1 Qt 229.51 oil sale

Valvoline SynPower SAE 5W40 MST 6/1 Qt oil is on sale at NAPA thru 12/31/2016 for $4.99/Qt
  11. G

Cost to do oil change?

Hey guys, im curious what the cost is to do a oil change on one of these bad boys. im still in the research phase. Include the cost to do it yourself and the cost to have it done for you. Thanks!
  12. keepmoving

Engine and Transmission Skid Plates Now Available

We are now offering skid plates for stock T1N Sprinters. Constructed from 3/16" Steel and 1/4" 6061-T6 Aluminum. Steel parts are powder coated for corrosion resistance. The front engine skid plate protects the oil pan, engine accessories, steering rack and sheet metal components. The...
  13. S

oil leaking - tightened oil drain plug too tight and cracked the oil pan

Oil is visibly leaking from what appears to be a crack in the oil pan. Is it possible that I tightened the oil drain plug too tight and cracked the oil pan?
  14. L

Oh, s**** my van's on fire, my van's on fire! Is it?

After listening to you ladies talking about the EGR valve and how surprised everybody was that it failed or is so dirty, I decided to clean it again after 30,000 miles. And I will do so every 10,000 together with oil change... just in case. I unplugged the little two hoses "as instructed by...
  15. R

oil change interval: mercedes vs my garage

several times i've searched the T1N threads for opinions on this and what i end up with each time is a discussion of what oil to use, not how often to change it, so i am turning to you my roadtrek peers for some help with this. the manual clearly says change every 10,000 miles. my garage (25...
  16. G

15 minute Oil Change and measurement warnings

I copied the following from the 2007 Dodge Sprinter service manual under "Lubrication/Description". Does anyone know why the warnings at the bottom? Would like to know why it is important to wait 15 minutes after draining and replacing oil to start engine. And the second warning doesn't...

Top Bottom