G-Wagon Wheels 265/60R18

JAM

Those wheels look great. What does the ET43 stand for? I saw a set on ebay that are ET53. Will these rims bolt right up or do you have to get the centers honed out?

georgetg

2005 140" low roof
Those wheels look great. What does the ET43 stand for? I saw a set on ebay that are ET53. Will these rims bolt right up or do you have to get the centers honed out?
ET = EinpressTiefe = Offset

Offset is measured in millimetres, more is further out. Negative is in.
IIRC Stock alloy Sprinter T1N wheels have an ET of 70

Unlike most VW and Porsche wheels, the bore of the G-wagen wheel matches the Sprinter.
A few Sprinter drivers in Germany have fitted the G-wagen brakes and calipers so some of the running gear is interchangeable...

Cheers
George

Vofka

Hey!

Well this is my first post here and the reason I'm doing this is because I had the same questions about fitting 18" g-wagon wheels for my sprinter (year 2001). Shortly said, 255/60 r18 didn't fit without modifications! Rear ones were ok, front-left one too close and front-right tire was sitting against the wheelarch if I turned the wheel. So I switched my tires with Pirelli Sottozero 245/50r18 and got them rolling perfectly without any cuttings, they run good and work extremely well in wet conditions. Other small tip is if youre buying those extra long lug bolts to fit the alloy's, Always check the rear ones so they won't be too long, otherwise they will get against the handbrake system and break everything inside.

:thumbup:

jesusgatos

Offset is measured in millimetres, more is further out. Negative is in.
IIRC Stock alloy Sprinter T1N wheels have an ET of 70
That's not exactly right. With 0 offset the wheel mounting surface would exactly centered. If the wheel mounting surface is offset to the inside that's called negative offset, and in that case 'more' (bigger number) would move the wheel further out. But the wheel mounting surface on the sprinters is positive (wheel mounting surface offset to the outside of the wheel) - and in that case 'more' (bigger number) would actually move the wheel further in.

Top Bottom