I just installed my sun visor brackets from Sprinterworx today. I am
impressed with the quality & design of the brackets, but not with the
sun visors themselves. The visors do not have one solid rod through
them, as in other visors I've seen. The brackets work well if you grab
hold of the bracket when pivoting, or latching, and not the visor
itself. The visor is weak in the middle because there is no support
rod there. This is not the fault of Sprinterworx, but I wish that they
could have designed a one piece bracket that went the whole length of
the visor, but I guess that might have been too heavy to be practical.
I think some aluminum channel attached to the edge (between the
brackets) might help.
Were they worth $85 + shipping? Yeah, they are worth it, but I think
that I will have to do something to strengthen the visor or it may not
hold up too long.
Steve

stp57

Thanks Seek,
I thought that this post had been buried. It no longer shows the date posted, how many views or replies. But obviously, you got through.
Steve

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Ooops! That's what "moved" means. I had this post in the wrong place. sorry.
No worries, Steve. :thumbup:

We just want to make sure that it doesn't get lost in the Sprinter Talk section and that it resides in the correct location for everyone to see.

Thanks again for the great write up,
Seek

stp57

Here's an update on the visor brackets. Thanks to our own Tasmanian Devil (Richard), attention was given to a potential hazard. Notice the gray rubber caps in the photo that now covers the bolt head (Home Depot, 2 for $0.89). I also threw in a photo of the extra 2 dome light I installed in the cabin (only one new lamp is shown in the photo). There is plenty of room behind the headliner shell, but on the passenger side I had to dig out a little of the syrofoam to make room for the lamp. I would like to know what those foam blocks are there for?
Steve

Attachments

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Congratulations Steve:clapping:
It looks much better and safer sort of like a panic button , he, he, it should have been red :laughing:
Those blocks are a US safety thing I think from what I've heard they were more of a menace than a fix! But I might very well be wrong on that one:thinking: as there have been questions over this on other forums with it falling out behind the B pillar and the front A pillar by the screen I never understood as the questions, were too vague.
Now Garfield needs to behave or I'll send in the devil.
Richard
PS Now you need to arrange for a tint for the side widows, and no more sun problems.
Love the side window visors, no more rain dumps or windy blasts, and the devil can't get in either.
104.gif

stp57

Yeah, those visors sure were a sweet deal. It must have been a dealership selling off their overstock or a thief on Ebay?
Steve

AVL_Sprinter

Whitewater Freak
stp57.... Where did you get those window vent visors? :drool:

Those are nice and big like they have in NZ.

Most of the ones here are really small.

Please tell. :popcorn:

stp57

One of our members spotted them on Ebay a couple of weeks ago for $40 a set. I don't know if they are still listed. They sure did ship them fast.
Steve

stp57

That looks great Richard.
Got any plans to add the blindspot mirrors? A used pair went for $100 last week on Ebay. I'm sure that there is a better deal out there.
Steve

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
the average price on ebay US for the add on spots are eighty dollars a pair.
Seek or HK posted a link on the prices from Dodge, sorry cant remember where they are at the MO.
Thought about them but local Aus price , too expensive via the dealewr I could bring them in cheaper from Sprinter acc they sell them to, personally I dont need them havent dented a vehicle yet ,, but I admit there are blind spots, so why not add them if they help.
Eighty bucks is all I'd pay.
Richard

mean_in_green

>2,000,000m in MB vans
The blindspots are about £60/pair here.

Highly recommended: you can see almost the entire length of your vehicle with only a slight turn of the head, makes light work of long distances.

Well worth it in a right hand drive vehicle in any left hand drive country...

Last edited:

stp57

I just made these visor supports from gray PVC pipe (1/2"). I used my table saw to cut a groove out the length of the pipe that is the same width as the center of our flimsy visor. I widened the groves on the ends to fit the fatter part of our visor (the only part with a rod actually through it). I used silicone to attach it to my visor. The color was already close enough. Maybe someone can improve on this, but until then, this should buy me more years with these visors. The brackets are great!
Steve

Attachments

Both of my Sprinters have the factory bulkhead installed. Does the visor swing completly to the side, or does the bulkhead not allow the visor to fit flush against the sidewall? Is a bracket included to support the visor when moved to the sidewall?

kkanuck

LUV my T1N
I just made these visor supports from gray PVC pipe (1/2"). I used my table saw to cut a groove out the length of the pipe that is the same width as the center of our flimsy visor. I widened the groves on the ends to fit the fatter part of our visor (the only part with a rod actually through it). I used silicone to attach it to my visor. The color was already close enough. Maybe someone can improve on this, but until then, this should buy me more years with these visors. The brackets are great!
Steve
Speaker door pods look great............did you have to cut a hole in the door plastic interior skin to allow the speaker magnet clear? Or is that wood thickness enough and just a small hole for the speaker wire is all it took to get that to work?

Hope this makes sense.....

Cheers,

stp57

Really shallow Pioneer speakers & I used a spacer too. The installer only had to make a small hole for the speaker wire.
The visors swing all the way against the door, just like they should have from the factory. The brackets are much stronger than they look. Hopefully, the visors will be stronger now too.
Steve

Top Bottom