Bullseye Leveling System at a Discount!

Scarecrow

2017 LTV Unity Murphy Bed
There's another, rather lengthy thread concerning Leveling Systems. And the Murphy Bed platform seems to come up quite a bit -- although, the same issues may apply to Twin Bed, Island Bed, and Corner Bed.

I read through all 14 or so printed pages and decided to order the Bullseye system for my upcoming new LTV Murphy Bed, on order through LaMesa in Tucson -- due for delivery by mid-October. This was after I had pursued all the possibilities with the other designs.

Most other designs require the leg supports to be retracted into the cavity of the vehicle, or have some other feature that simply prevents them from working with the Murphy Bed because of the fact that the flooring is laid directly on the chassis. There's no room for clamping mechanisms that go over top the chassis, for example. And this brings up the Warranty issues if you decide to drill directly through the Mercedes-Benz chassis.

The Bullseye system uses a "folding" (really, it's better described as "pivoting") leg design. No entry into the vehicle cavity required. Video here, if you want to watch: https://youtu.be/Pk7rbNV2hn8

Okay, if you've gone through all these considerations and have decided -- as I have -- that you can deal with the Warranty issues (or lack thereof, depending on your stance), how do you get a discount -- which might tip the decision for you?

If you check online, you'll see the system for the Murphy Bed is $2822, with free shipping (quoted direct from the manufacturer). That's $705.50 Per Leg for a full 4-point system. On eBay and other sites, you'll see the legs being sold individually for numbers that go all over the place.

During the process of placing my order last week, I mentioned the members here at Sprinter-Source (the most-active forum I can find, by the way), and two of us took advantage of the verbal offer that followed, so far. If you contact Alan Brink at Bullseye: alan@bullseyeleveling.com he will give you the system at a 10% discount if you buy soon ($2,5340). If two or more of you can decide to bundle your purchase together, you can probably get roughly 20% off -- and he'll ship to 2 different addresses. That would be $2,300 -- which we each paid. Delivered.

Of course, you will need to either do the install yourself (and Alan reassures me it's quite simple -- only 2 bolts per leg, I think), or arrange for help locally. They do not do installations any longer at the factory.

Alan did reassure me, also, there is no longer any danger of the legs pivoting down while driving down the highway. This system is completely electronic. There are no complicated hydraulic lines involved of any kind. One Caution, however: There is no automated safety feature that raises the legs when they sense you moving the vehicle -- so you MUST remember to raise them before you leave your campsite!

To recap...
a) You must decide if the Warranty issue is important to you because this will require drilling through the chassis. My plan is to see if I can weld a plate to each leg that might have holes drilled to line up with pre-existing holes in the chassis (thereby, protecting the Mercedes-Benz Warranty). But, if not possible, I can live with drilling the chassis.
b) The system you need for the Murphy Bed is their Model No: 21306-S (Alan will confirm that for you, as well).
c) To jump onto this before the offer fades away, I suggest you contact Alan soon.
d) This is NOT an official "Group Buy" by any means -- it's only a casual conversation with Bullseye, and it worked for me (and another Sprinter-Source member).
e) I have no affiliation with Bullseye -- nor can I swear this system is better than any other. But it was the only design that gave me an option for a leveling system that was remote-controlled , without a lot of hassle.
f) A video showing this system in operation on a 5th Wheel is located here: https://youtu.be/Pk7rbNV2hn8
g) You can reach Alan Brink at Bullseye by email or phone:
alan@bullseyeleveling.com
574-727-5795

Good Luck! :bounce:

Scarecrow

I don't really know, yet, since I don't have my RV. But I'll post back as soon as I go through the installation. That may be in November.
The other Member here, Th3307, will be installing his as early as August or September and may jump in with better insight on that score.

Th3307

I'm picking up my UMB on 8-25 in Winkler, assuming
no further delays from the hailstorm. Final confirmation coming
The first week in August from LTV.

After a leisurely trip back to Kansas, I'll be installing the
Bullseye system in early September. I'll take photos and
Provide commentary along the way.

Any comments, advice or recommendations are welcomed!
Any/All lessons learned are appreciated! More to come....

Custommm

I wonder if you guys are a bit worry about getting your MB over the GVWR of 11030 pounds.?
On a MB, if you're travelling with a partner, it's almost impossible to add another 150-170 pounds without overloading.
I ask because I'm on that boat of wanting levellers and thinking about the GVWR....
:)

Th3307

Weight is a definite consideration! This is a little more weight than the LTV stableizer option but I believe worth it! We plan on doing a lot of stop and go and dealing with blocks daily could become a PIA:). I'll let u know exactly how many lbs this adds with any special metal plates that may be required.

Scarecrow

I'm not worried because I'm single. I've told all my friends to bring a scooter so they can try and follow me as I disappear over the horizon...

Old Crows

Calypso 2014 View Profile
Clever. Having low crawled under our View 24G & our Class B Ventura, I can say that there is very little...if any ... space under these RVs to mount a pivoting system on the frame front or rear. Every mouse hole & cavity is taken up by water tanks, stowage compartments, generator, hoses, LP lines and electric cables. It's Fibber McGee's closet under there.

Know also that the rear frame is narrow compared to pickups, travel trailers, Class As, and other mfgr's chassis. If your LTV is like WBGO View/Navion....they have cut off the rear frame extension and added more length and cross members to stretch to 24-ish feet. Its not a Ford or Chebby.

Probably not an ideal situation for lifting the rear of the RV. And, there is just no space around that extension except on the starboard side right behind the generator .... and you'd have to move the genny exhaust.

And find a place to stow four big, fat pads for putting under the feet. What looks like hard ground often isn't. On asphalt, they are going to make holes.... Likely to piss off the campground owner.

Not saying it can't be done.... But I'd like to see a functioning setup on someone elses rig before I'd commit.

Last edited:

Scarecrow

Just a few quick replies -- and not meaning to be argumentative. Just sayin'...
a) If the GVWR is so tight that replacing the Stabilizer Jacks with these throws me over -- then something is wrong in Denmark (as the saying goes). That means no beach balls, no Twinkies, and no CDs onboard for your listening pleasure?
b) Even if there's absolutely no room underneath -- at such a reduced price, I doubt I'd have much trouble selling the kit online and recouping my money.
c) I know I was talking to the Manufacturer -- and if I was cynical, I'd agree he has a biased opinion -- but Alan reassured me they've had these put onto a Murphy Bed model "hundreds of times" with no real issues. He said that's why he knows exactly which system is required. If he's an absolute liar and they can't possibly fit, I'll be back here posting that warning, as well -- and apologizing to everyone.
d) All the other issues of ground softness, clearance, pads, holes in asphalt, etc. are -- I think -- something each of us must have the common sense to deal with. I simply can't go into this "adventure" dwelling on all the negative "what if" scenarios. Otherwise, I'd be stuck at home watching TV, fearing to leave my driveway.

I know all the comments are meant with the best of intentions. As was my posting this "opportunity" -- such as it is.

Old Crows

Calypso 2014 View Profile
Trust ..... but verify. And do know your GVWR and your actual "mission ready - all up" weight..... with the loyal crew aboard and all Twinkie lockers are filled..... Just sayin'.....

Last edited:

Th3307

Cdcorp, I have been reviewing your post. I may contact u after
I receive the Bullseye order and take delivery of the UMB. If u were
closer, I would be great to inspect your installation. Anything u would
do different? This is a great forum....thanks for sharing!!

Scarecrow

Let's not get confused -- I do not sell for Bullseye. Nor do I want anybody's credit card info.
If you are interested, please contact Alan Brink -- I included his email and phone number above.

If you want, mention my name and I believe Alan will offer you the same discount I received (about 20%) -- but I get NOTHING out of this. I'm just playing it forward, as it were.

Scarecrow

Trust ..... but verify. And do know your GVWR and your actual "mission ready - all up" weight..... with the loyal crew aboard and all Twinkie lockers are filled..... Just sayin'.....
Oh, definitely! I'm not dismissing the warning. But I don't have my RV, yet -- so weighing anything is a little tough. But I will follow your advice.

I freely admit I am spanking-new at this. Excited... but a rookie. Which is why I'm in the process of self-education.

Scarecrow

In following this thread, I tracked down the great photos that cdcorpe posted in the other thread discussing this same subject -- and I noticed in his description that his unit is a 2014. And he ordered 15" for the front and 17" for the rear. So -- an additional Caution: Check with Bullseye to be certain the kit they are sending you is for your specific year and model. I was speaking here about my 2017 Murphy Bed. Alan Brink at Bullseye may ask you to measure first -- something I cannot do until my coach arrives in October (if then). Also, cdcorpe states "this is definitely NOT a 4-hour install" -- so be prepared to spend a bit of time sorting things out. If you really have no ability to install these yourself, start checking with shops nearby for help. I don't want you guys / gals mistakenly thinking this is a piece of cake, if cdcorpe is telling us it is NOT.

cdcorpe's photos are located here: https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!ABTIVq3TX5jh2mg&id=3B702C4EADBDB6A9!11978&cid=3B702C4EADBDB6A9

Thanks, cdcorpe!!

Last edited:

Th3307

I though about that and it may be a problem if u get buried in the mud, but considering the exposed gears are only positioning the relatively lightweight legs up/down. The exposed gears are not doing the heavy lifting! I'll see if Bullseye recommends keeping them lubed.

Scarecrow

Looking at the picture https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%...702C4EADBDB6A9 Are you guys not scared of grime/dirt/small rocks accumulation jeopardizing the reliability of this geared mechanism?
I am...
No, I'm not terribly worried. At some point, I have to decide whether or not to trust the manufacturer. They've been around a while and I think if this was a big issue that there would be warnings and complaints in several of the RV forums. I just haven't found any. I can always fabricate a protective shield if I change my mind.

I did ask Bullseye if there were any problems with the legs slowly rotating into the down position while driving down the road. Alan reassured me there was not. He freely admitted there was one incident he remembered from very early in the company's existence, but they studied that issue and fixed it. It has not happened, again.

He also offered an insight into the situation that is more likely a problem: Forgetting to raise them when your wife has found you cheating and is chasing you down the driveway with a 3-iron... oh, wait... that was just a nightmare I read about!

Anyway, if you do forget, Alan said you might break that housing or gear part in question. And it's replaceable for about $200 each. Lesson there? Don't. Do. It.

As I've gone through these various decision-making routines, I've been plagued by so many family members and friends and strangers in forums warning me of so many dire consequences of my thought processes. Everything from "You should NEVER have bought an RV!" to "Why are you retiring at age 63?? That's too young!!" to "No, no, no! Buying that diesel generator is just STUPID!!"

So I had a long talk with myself months ago. And I said "Self!! -- R.E.L.A.X!! The pain of indecision will go away eventually. Your gut has been a pretty good thing to follow in the past. I mean, look how BIG it's become!" :lol:

In the end, I decided to trust my instincts. This seems like a very good deal, price-wise. I thought I would share the opportunity. That's all. If it self-destructs because of all these "problems" being proposed -- I can live with that. In the meantime, I'm going to proceed as if I have at least a little common-sense. Maybe I better stash the extra $2,000 I'm saving in that safe I ordered with the Murphy Bed -- just in case. :hmmm:

joeframer44

2014 Unity MB/U-lounge
Has it been determined yet whether the Bullseye units can pretty much fit on all of the Unity floorplans from let's say 2012 to current?

Joe K.
2014 Unity MB

Top Bottom