ARB - Sway Bar (rear)

EEOORR

UK specific.

My 313 (2002) is fitted with a rear ARB (anti roll bar) which is 27.5mm diameter (no idea of OEM part number). Is it possible to get thinner/weaker bars, perhaps from a different Sprinter as the one I have is far too stiff for the harsh (rough/pot holed) roads I use?

A link to a chart would be good.

Thanks in advance for any help.

gypsydave

Hi I'm new to sprinters and this forum but I've been researching (without much luck):bash: on changing rear arb for stronger one only option at moment is to import from US. But getting back to your problem and the state of UK roads, I would look at changing your suspension a lot guys on here recommend koni your arb if changed to a weaker version would only make things worse

EEOORR

Hi GD,

There is a big body on my chassis, so when a wheel drops in to a hole, it throws the body violently over. In a previous life I did a lot of experimenting with ARB's, so from experience I know my intended route is correct. ARB's are fine for high speed cornering on good roads, but sensible driving on bad roads they can be awful. I am also making other major changes to the suspension, but need a weaker ARB, or will just throw it away.

MercedesGenIn

Mercedes-Benz Resource
Steve,
There is a 22mm diameter ARB used on the 2T series (901,902) this size usually also covers the 3T version, seems you have what is commonly fitted to the 4T series (904) at 27mm.

Check out the ARB bush options below, clearly shows 22mm and 27mm listed for rears but it looks to use the 22mm bar you would need different saddles to hold the bush (Shape/profile is different)

http://www.ttcparts.com/uploadfiles/ttc mercedes sprinter catalogue final.pdf Catalogue page 25 is where the bushes are listed.

I would as I mentioned in my reply on Mercedes Gen-In, try it without any before committing to parts, its fairly straight forward to remove it to try. Nothing to lose.

Consider the other points I mentioned though also.

All the best
Steve

NORTON

In T1n database-J Mollers T1n service manual-click on his link-02 parts manual, then page 288 lists 2 sway bars,
05118632AA
05128494AA
for different body groups
might help

Top Bottom