Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Sprinter-Based RV's & Conversions > Sprinter-Based RV Brands > Roadtrek

Old 04-10-2008, 04:46 AM   #1
ptrout

Default Roadtrek Owners

Hi, everyone! I'm happy to find this forum because I'm a new owner of a 2007 Roadtrek Agile SS. Next week I'll be leaving on my first trip to the Southwest. I'm anxious to learn from other owners and to contribute my own experiences with the Sprinter. So far, I've been very pleased with it's performance and handling.
ptrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 06:13 AM   #2
sikwan
06 T1N Can

Thanked 1,049 Times in 534 Posts
Default Re: Roadtrek Owners

Welcome PTrout.

Looking forward to some stories or pictures of the Southwest.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:26 PM   #3
rsalejandro

We just got a 2007 Adventurous in October, haven't been able to take it camping yet, but love the drive.
rsalejandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 06:38 PM   #4
BaywoodBill
pre-Yuppiedom

Hi ptrout and rsalejandro,

Welcome to the forum. Return with your photos, experiences, and comments.

2005 2500 cargo, long, tall
BaywoodBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 11:53 PM   #5
ptrout

Thanks for the responses. I'm anxious for the roadtrip in my new Roadtrek. It's quite a stepup from my previous "teardrop". Just hope I don't have to leave in a Wisconsin snowstorm!

The picture was taken in Jan., 2008, upon arrival to the Sprinter's new home in Wisconsin. I refer to her as my "troutmobile". Due to our extremely long "winter", I haven't been able to take the rv on any trips, to date. Limited to the driveway... :(

Last edited by ptrout; 04-11-2008 at 12:07 AM. Reason: Added remarks
Old 04-11-2008, 12:35 AM   #6
sikwan
06 T1N Can

Thanked 1,049 Times in 534 Posts

That's some major snow in your avatar.
Old 05-03-2008, 05:37 PM   #7
ptrout

Greetings from Wisconsin! I'm happy to announce a "very successful & fun" roadtrip with my 2007 Roadtrek Agilee SS. After 3,000+ miles, I can say the "troutmobile" handled flawlessly on my trip to the Southwest, with only one exception. On the last leg of the trip, Des Moines to Milwaukee, loss of power and the "check engine" light occurred. I attempted to clear the "check engine" condition, however, my actions didn't correct the situation. I called the DC 24hr. towing, and they immeditately dispatched a towing company, "Hooks & Chains" (very professional and polite). With my Sprinter on the flatbed tow truck, I was delivered to the nearest Dodge dealership Stew Hansen Dodge City, in Urbandale, Iowa. A 47 mile trip. Upon my arrival, I found a very nice employee working late (Chris). I asked if I could "plug in" to their power for my overnight stay. Chris found two extension cords for my use. The next morning, I ran into Chris and he informed me that he learned that every other light pole in the parking lot had a receptacle for plug in, if necessary. Prior to their official opening time of 7:00 a.m., I found a very nice female employee that directed me to the coffee. Also, she introduced me to the service advisor, Dane. He immediately started assisting me (I had dreaded that I would have to wait for an appointment). This was at 6:40 a.m. that morning. Within two hours, and many cups of coffee, I was on my way home to Wisconsin. Two problems: 1) Loss of Power & Check Engine light: Replaced the split turbo resonator hose 2) ESP & wheel indicator light coming on, at times/ would clear after restarting engine: cause/improper adjustment/ recalibrated steering angle to correct. I took the opportunity to have the oil changed ($59.09) which I was going to do anyway upon my arrival home. The dealership truly "exceeded my expectations" and would love to have them in my hometown! For the final leg home of my trip, everything went well While driving to New Mexico & Arizona, I encountered extremely strong winds. Although everyone on the road was having a very long day at the wheel, I felt pleased with the Sprinter's handling and continued my drive to meet up with my family in northern AZ. I've washed the bugs off the front of the "troutmobile" and have already started planning a flyfishing trip south.
Old 05-03-2008, 09:28 PM   #8
BaywoodBill
pre-Yuppiedom

Good to hear of your pleasant trip ptrout, but it's too bad the turbo hose split. First it was the resonators and now the hoses!

At any rate, it's good you found a good shop to deal with it..... but you sent no pictures of your van wthout snow.

2005 2500 cargo, long, tall
BaywoodBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 04:38 AM   #9
ptrout

Hey, BayWoodBill, I have pics, however, I haven't figured out "how to download"...I spent the afternoon reading "All" of the owner info regarding the Sprinter, and I have come to the conclusion, I've been a "victim" of the "turbo resonator" issue, as reported by so many new owners. So goes our trust...has anyone thought of "duck tape" to hold it all together?! Once in my life, we used "baling wire" to resolve our problems. Ha! Does the $90.00 metal solution really resolve the problem if clamped properly? As a single woman traveling the highways, I wonder about my new purchase and the great enthusiasm I had for traveling this country in my Sprinter...however, I now wonder about it's dependability. How far from "home base" should I venture?! I keep thinking about the early settlers and their covered wagons...breakdowns and the unknown of the frontier...did they have towing services to come to their rescue?
Old 05-05-2008, 04:38 AM   #10
ptrout

Hey, BaywoodBill, I have pics, however, I haven't figured out "how to download"...I spent the afternoon reading "All" of the owner info regarding the Sprinter, and I have come to the conclusion, I've been a "victim" of the "turbo resonator" issue, as reported by so many new owners. So goes our trust...has anyone thought of "duck tape" to hold it all together?! Once in my life, we used "baling wire" to resolve our problems. Ha! Does the $90.00 metal solution really resolve the problem if clamped properly? As a single woman traveling the highways, I wonder about my new purchase and the great enthusiasm I had for traveling this country in my Sprinter...however, I now wonder about it's dependability. How far from "home base" should I venture?! I keep thinking about the early settlers and their covered wagons...breakdowns and the unknown of the frontier...did they have towing services to come to their rescue?