Stainless Steel Hot Water Shower folds away

BULBASOR

I'm sorry I forgot who asked me to send pictures of my stainless steel submarine type hot shower I have in my Sprinter but here is the pictures which show how the shower works and how the water is drained from the grey water tank.

Attachments

Homemade Bob

Thanks, Bulbasor!

That was too much fun watching your video. Is yours a Sportsmobile conversion? Any link/source for the shower contraption? "Too much stuff, too much stuff"......I love it!:rad:

Homemade Bob

BULBASOR

Yes, Sportsmobile Texas. Only The Texas plant can do really custom stuff. The California plant is no good; they only do cookie cutter conversions but the Austin Texas shop is custom hand made all the way. You get a LOT more for your money from Sportsmobile Texas than you do from the other ones. Paul is the name of the guy that runs the Austin plant and he is a Sprinter expert.

BULBASOR

The computer mount is a block of wood shaped to fit int the coin box on the middle switch panel. The power supply, DC adapter, USB hubs, and all that stuff that connects to the computer are insdie the center switch console. I purchased several more OEM switches from a Dodge dealer and have switches on the center switch console to turn off the DC power adapter for the computer, and another switch to activate the solenoid to turn off the LP GAS tank under the truck, and another switch to switch the REEFER/FREEZER from DC to GAS, (it goes to AC atomatiacally when I hook up.) And finally, I have a solenoid operated gate that Sportmobile sent me to open the drain on the grey water tank. Right now that switch is the Sportsmobile OEM behind the drivers seat, but I will also rig an OEM switch in the center switch console to operate that solenoid too. I know I will get major grief from the enviromentalist about this but I do sometimes dump the grey water tank whil under way by just punching the eject button. It's only shower and dishsoap water. We don't run a black water tank, we have two Porata Potties - one very small, and one very large. They are both stored in floor cabinets in the rear.

The computer mounts on a piece of diamond plate attached to the wood block that fits in the coin tray.

zigzagguzzi

05 Interstate, N. Fl.
I hope I'm not the next motorcyclist on the road that hits your slippery soap spot. Think about the liability issue here. Just a thought. zz

BULBASOR

It would be much worse than that if your were behind the van during a dump because the water disperses in a spray and it would be like driving in the rain. That's why we don't dump underway because it sprays all over the place including the back of the van. It's very seldom we have ever dumped under way (like twice) but I still would not want to be on the old Moto Guzzi or BMW or Shovel Head right behind BULBASOR when that happens.

If we are in a campground, we dump there, (we dump about every forth day). If we are out in the boondocks on the little roads you see on the AAA maps as blue and red lines, we usually stop over a cattle guard because they have big gravvel pits under them.

It's funny when BULBASOR pulls up his rear wheels on a cattle guard, and I punch the button for the solenoid gate and all that water comes out in about 45 to 60 seconds. All these cows around us stop chewing to look at BULBASOR peeing into the cattle gauard and the cows think it's a giant cow and they always walk towards us. (Cows love to pee on everything)

One time on the border of California and Nevada near Lake Tahoe we camped in a grove of cotton woods with a stream going through them. The temperature outside was about 99 but inside that grove of cotton woods it was about 80 because of the cold water in the stream and the shade. We could see the glacier up the mountain where the water came from and the only city arounf was an abandonded mine town called Star City so I drank the water in the stream. I got the runs from the water that night. Next day we drove up stream and saw cows and mule deer standing in the stream. The cows were peeing in the stream. (I think cows are the only animal that will foul thier own water supply besides man).

BaywoodBill

pre-Yuppiedom
I'm sorry I forgot who asked me to send pictures of my stainless steel submarine type hot shower I have in my Sprinter but here is the pictures which show how the shower works and how the water is drained from the grey water tank.
Great to see that video again, Bulbasor. Thanks.

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Just watched the video again testing out something for forum and I must say I don't remember it being this good. :laughing:

Love the video and music! :thumbup:

BULBASOR

I will make another funnier one about the bed extention I'm working on.

Hey Seek, BULBASOR gets his new diesel fired heater booster replacement unit this week, (the part came in from ESPAR) and I was wondering if you could hook me up with all the electronic genius you have by giving me the blogger name of that guy that rigged his to work without the engine running.

That thing would make a GREAT cabin heater when I wake up in the morning to make the coffee in those cold camps in the eastern Sierras.:idunno:

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Hey Seek, BULBASOR gets his new diesel fired heater booster replacement unit this week, (the part came in from ESPAR) and I was wondering if you could hook me up with all the electronic genius you have by giving me the blogger name of that guy that rigged his to work without the engine running.
Roger Beeghly did the write up...

https://sprinter-source.com/forums/showthread.php?t=668&highlight=roger

...unfortunately, he sold his Sprinter...

https://sprinter-source.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1791&highlight=roger

BULBASOR

I had the tub fabricated by US PLASTICS from plans that I sent them. The SS was fabricated from plans I made by a local tin bender. The sewer plumbing is Home Depot. I got the shower curtain rails from an RV supply place on the internet.

The side rails, hot and cold water plumbing and faucet came from SPORTSMOBILE.

Top Bottom