Oil inside turbo plumbing.

EFM1

EFM1
Just curious if anyone had this problem or maybe it is normal.
Attached picture shows hoses going in/our of turbo.
No. 1 and 2 appears to have some oil on the inside. Its not to the point where I take the hose off and the oil pours out of it but the inside definitely shows trances of oil all around. :thinking:
Sorry that is the only picture I could find online.

Attachments

That is one of the bad side effects of the egr system. Oil laden exhaust is let back into the intake system and coats everything with and a sooty black oily film that builds up over time. Some trucks are more oily than others but they all have it if the egr system is working

EFM1

EFM1
That is one of the bad side effects of the egr system. Oil laden exhaust is let back into the intake system and coats everything with and a sooty black oily film that builds up over time. Some trucks are more oily than others but they all have it if the egr system is working
What you mean by "if the egr system is working"? What if it was not working? Also, can that oil damage anything? I would think little oil in there might help with lubrication but then again, not much to lubricate other than turbo itself which also has traces of oil in it.

suzieque

the oil is coming from the crankcase breather valve on the engine. I don't know the plumbing of the ncv3 so I cannot point you to where that is coming in. But to stop that oil from going to the red arrows you drew, you need to install a catch can type of device from the crankcase breather valve, to catch/contain that oil.

like suzique said, most of the oil is coming from the pcv, but some is also from the exhaust. The egr will also let in soot and turn everything black. The mixture of the two will continue to build up and clog the air passages. When I was referring to the "if it is working" I mean if it has not been circumvented or is not clogged.

Top Bottom