High Roof? Super High Roof? Same thing?

RoveRPh

I'm looking at a 2006 Sprinter 140 Passenger van. The window sticker says it's a "Super High Roof". Is this what everyone refers to as a High Roof, or are there 3 roofs, Regular, High, and Super High?

Thanks

sikwan

06 Tin Can
There are only two roof heights for 2006 (USA) and before. The low standard roof and the high roof.

The designations are confusing though. High roof is the low standard roof and the super high roof is the high roof.

Maybe someone can chime in as to what the HC and SHC stands for. :thinking:

Maybe...

HC = High Ceiling = Low Standard Roof
SHC = Super High Ceiling = High Roof

Seek

EDIT: Changed per Dok's request...:smilewink:

abittenbinder

Doktor A (864-623-9110)
Please don't refer to it as "low roof". For all us owners of the "low roof"- that is politically incorrect. It is labeled- the standard roof-which is really high by USA van standards. The high roof is ultra high by USA standards and the Airstream Westfalia is nose bleed altitude for the average American. Doktor A

Last edited:

Llarry

Llamasine driver
Dok A's therapist told me that he is jealous of those of us with the extra headroom. Here's a video clip of the llamas and I doing jumping jacks inside our Sprinter -- something he could never do...

Edit: Oops, won't upload for some reason. Sorry...

abittenbinder

Doktor A (864-623-9110)
Dok A's therapist told me that he is jealous of those of us with the extra headroom. Here's a video clip of the llamas and I doing jumping jacks inside our Sprinter -- something he could never do...

Careful Llarry, My therapist is 4'8" and his daily driver is one of those little Shriner parade cars. Mutters something about Gullivers Travels each time he sees my std roof Sprinter and keeps recommending I take a long holiday on some place called Fantasy Island. Doktor A

Last edited:

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
I'm looking at a 2006 Sprinter 140 Passenger van. The window sticker says it's a "Super High Roof". Is this what everyone refers to as a High Roof, or are there 3 roofs, Regular, High, and Super High?

Thanks
For what it's worth: I've seen High Ceiling and Super High Ceiling in website content referring to the Sprinter models.

At this writing, these PDFs have 2006 data... I took a screen shot of the dimensions (below)

-Jon

https://www.fleet.daimlerchrysler.ca/en/specs/SprinterPassenger.pdf

https://www.fleet.daimlerchrysler.ca/FleetCanada/en/specs/SprinterCargo.pdf

EDIT: Freightliner's 2007 content's been around for months on fl-sprinter.com, I just noticed Dodge put some 2007 content on their website, too.

http://www.dodge.com/pdf/sprinter/complete.pdf

Attachments

Last edited:
to roverph,

since im an RPh myself i had to respond.

2006 and earlier high roof 6 ft. standing room.
low roof no standing up(except for doktor a)

gerry

abittenbinder

Doktor A (864-623-9110)
to roverph,
since im an RPh myself i had to respond.
2006 and earlier high roof 6 ft. standing room.
low roof no standing up(except for doktor a)
gerry
Here we go again. It's a Standard roof not a "low roof"! And it's not me who's the shrimp- it's my shrink. He's a shrimp shrink. Try saying that 3 times. Doktor A

Here we go again. It's a Standard roof not a "low roof"! And it's not me who's the shrimp- it's my shrink. He's a shrimp shrink. Try saying that 3 times. Doktor A
standard roof, standard roof, standard roof. i stand corrected.
my wife still asks about you

gerry

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite

Happy little lLamaists content to sit on the roof, above! and adapt quite well to the inner sanctum, of the standard roof of other makes.:popcorn:
Richard
llama_car.jpg

Llarry

Llamasine driver
What a great picture, Richard! :clapping:

This is very like how we moved our llamas around before the Sprinter. Much better now....

Now, how do you suppose they loaded the gaggle onto the roof? :thinking:

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Lama's have their own religion! They have the spiritual sense, to levitate to a higher plane.
Beware Alpaca's can be addictive
Smile!_1.jpg
Richard

Top Bottom