part no; 316 serpentine drive belt

BENDA

hi, can anyone tell me how to find out the part no; for a 316 ex nsw ambulance serpentine belt,parts people say there are 3 possible options, i've tried looking for no; on the belt but can't see one so far,current belt looks ok but like to carry a spare.
ben

jackbombay

2003 158" shc
What year is your 316?

Here in North america the early T1Ns have a different engine and belt than the later ones.

mean_in_green

>2,000,000m in MB vans
Make time to check that you have the correct part.

Some "factory" aircon systems were retrofitted locally by dealers, i.e. not during build. These systems can have aircon pump pulleys which differ in circumference to the genuine factory pumps. So a "non-standard yet apparently factory" system could have an oddball belt length.

SPRINTERUK

HERE TO HELP
hi ben
looking at your vin number your sprinter was fitted with factory air con
the part number a0149970492 size 21.36*2171
regards
chris

Eric Experience

Benda
The belt is the same as the one used in the Jeep Cheroky? that runs the same motor, available at Repco, Gates belt about half MB price.Also can use the Dayco belt no 6pk2275. Made in USA. Eric.

BENDA

hi fellas ,thanks chris and eric for your info. local parts bloke stocks bosch and says bosch have a belt but does'nt know no;.i'll use your info and see if it helps.some additional info on my 316 it has a second a/c in the roof at the rear which has its compressor mounted below the factory a/c and driven by its own vee belt (pt; no;13A0922) from the crank. again many thanks ben .

Iggy66

Benda,

I have a 316 ex NSW ambulance 2001 year that uses a 6PK2335 belt, I'm thinking the easiest option for you would be to remove your belt and measure it to determine the length, this is 2335mm for my belt as indicated in the code 6PK2335.

Mark

BENDA

hi mark ,thanks for your suggestion, i think just to be sure i'll do as you say seems like the safest option.
regards ben

Oldfartt

The belt may also be ... MB part no. 0149970492 6PK2271 which is the one for factory fitted with A/c .

2271 is its length in mm.

Today I have fitted this belt to a 2000 313CDI

Cheers

Ross

BENDA

hi fellas,i removed the belt , had all the tools but ran out of expletives, it measured 2275mm,got a new belt $32.50and with a lot more swearing put it on the ambo,thanks for your help, ben

Top Bottom