NCV3 and T1N

I am new here. What does NCV3 & T1N signify? I have 2006 Dodge Sprinter.
First let me extend you a hale and hearty welcome to the forum. welcome2.gif

T1N refers to earlier model year Sprinters eg. NAS aka NAFTA 2001 - 2006. NCV3 refers to NAS aka NAFTA MY 2007 and newer. The year ranges are different for Euro model Sprinters, but the model designations still apply.

You should browse through this link and some other links from the blue bar above.

https://sprinter-source.com/wiki/index.php/Sprinter

If you live in North America your 2006 is a T1N.

vic

edit: I was composing while Pfflyer was posting. Good catch on the join date by the way.

Last edited:

Old Crows

Calypso 2014 View Profile
Welcome! As above. Visual cues for the T1N are one long skinny HVAC intake in a separate panel between the hood (bonnet) and the windshield (windscreen). There may be vents in the sides of the fenders vic. headlights on later versions.

NCV3 models have two black HVAC intakes ON the hood and no spacer between the hood and windscreen. They never have fender vents.

There are several other cosmetic differences but the HVAC ducts are recognizeable at distance.

pfflyer

Welcome! As above. Visual cues for the T1N are one long skinny HVAC intake in a separate panel between the hood (bonnet) and the windshield (windscreen). There may be vents in the sides of the fenders vic. headlights on later versions.

NCV3 models have two black HVAC intakes ON the hood and no spacer between the hood and windscreen. They never have fender vents.

There are several other cosmetic differences but the HVAC ducts are recognizeable at distance.
Also the plastic trim on the sides is an easy tell.

kmc

Thank you for the information. My wife uses my van to transport me in my wheelchair.

surlyoldbill

My quad friend is jealous of my T1N. He has partial use of his arms/hands and drives from his chair; he has a mobility Venture right now but is buying a Toyota soon. He would love to have a Sprinter, but it won't fit in his garage, and he doesn't like lifts to get in. However, I've had to help adjust his ramp several times, and he says the lifts are much more reliable.

Old Crows

Calypso 2014 View Profile
My quad friend is jealous of my T1N. He has partial use of his arms/hands and drives from his chair; he has a mobility Venture right now but is buying a Toyota soon. He would love to have a Sprinter, but it won't fit in his garage, and he doesn't like lifts to get in. However, I've had to help adjust his ramp several times, and he says the lifts are much more reliable.
Looked at a Sienna "Mobility" Saturday.... Don't need one but it was in the Toy store looking a new Siennas. Very clever design and engineering of the passenger second row seat so, that it about magically swivels; extends outboard; and, "kneels" to the ground to accept or discharge a disabled rider. They are going to sell a bunch of these vans. The seat looks like the regular Captain's Chair complete with leg rest. Very POSH! :thumbup:

Top Bottom