Information for a 1998 LWB 312D

Sprinter17

I have recently sort of upgraded from a 1998 208D to a LWB Mercedes Sprinter 312D 1998 ( 02 / 1995 – 04 / 2000 )
2.9 Litre 2874cc 5 Cylinder turbo Diesel 122BHP 90KW
Engine; 601
VIN; 903
its a single wheel rear axle and I'm looking for the following information...

Tyre Pressures Front and rear unloaded and loaded in PSI - the information is not within the fuel filler cap flap

The gross laden weight of the vehicle in Kg - I cant make head nor tail of the sticker on the drivers seat

Finally the torque setting for the wheel nuts in Nm

I would be most greatfull for any help

In advance, thank you for your time

Michael

Sprinter17

Hi Kitesurfer
Whilst I appriciate your help and for you taking the time to answer my enquiry,
but I was looking for the Gross LADEN weight, and not the Gross Vehicle Weight,
my understanding is that the vehicle empty is the gross vehicle weight.
I'm looking to know what weight I can carry.

I've contacted seven Mercedes commercial vehicle dealerships, most have stated
that they are unable to help and or they don't have that information / which I suspect is code for ' can't be arsed.' - surley they should have all this information / data available to them, I mean to say come on, if i were to submit my vehicle for a service or repair, they wouldn't know what torque to set my wheel nuts or what pressures to put into my tyres !
Sheeeze.... this is just basic information...
At best some of the dealerships, transfer me away from the parts dept to sales and back to Parts - because they simply cant be bothered, to bring up the data on their systems
I've Emailed Mercedes UK, a couple of days ago now ..... still no reply yet....
I'll let you know how it goes....

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
Hi Michael and greetings from a fellow Brit!

First off, Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) is the same as Gross LADEN weight. Unladen weight is the weight of an entirely empty van.

You can find your GVW from your VIN plate on the side of your drivers seat base. It will have 4 weights on it...
First line is GVW ie 3,500 kg
Second line Gross Train Weight (GTW) and is GVW plus Max Trailer Weight ie 5,500 kg
Third line is Front Axle Max Weight
Fourth line is Rear Axle Max Weight

These Max weights are all legal Maximums and you risk prosecution for exceeding them.

If you want to know the weight you can carry then you will have to weight the van empty and subtract this from your plated GVW.

Unfortunately I cannot help with specific tyre pressures for your model but you should be able to work them out from the Tyresafe brochure download... Link to Tyresafe. If you look up your tyre size and axle weights you should be able to get a good indication of the required pressure for that load.

Finally someone posted a link to a Peter Russek manual the other day which may be of use to you, so here is that link... Link. I would suggest you save a download in case the link ever goes away.

All the best,
Keith.

Sprinter17

Hi Keith
Sorry for my very late reply, But Thank You for taking the time to reply with a very detailed an comprehesive reply, you have provided me with all the information required.
Thanks again
Michael

Top Bottom