What tire pressure??

hulagun

Haulin' A** since 1974
@hulagun, I'm back in tire pressure world. If you have a minute can you check your pressures and report back? Thanks!
I installed Nokian Rotiiva tires in the same size since then. IIRC ran 48-50 psi in those when van was loaded. Currently running 42-44 which seems to be fine, ride is not as harsh.

sidbaxter

Hey, @hulagun, I suggest we do a tire pressure test on Hwy. 1 from the Driftwood up to Willits and back!
Really, though, I just had a new set of Michelin LTX M/S tires put on on my '06 140wb hi-top and thought I was going to die on the Waldo Grade. Felt like a tie rod end was not connected or a wheel was coming off. Back to MB, check alignment, swap tires for same kind, no improvement. Always ran 55 front 65 rear on the old Michelins, but that combo is NOT working with the new ones. Wandering all over the lane and oversteer to the point where I expect to see the back end passing me.
What pressures are you running?

My 2016 Navion has the original Continental tires. I couldn't find a load-pressure chart online so I emailed Continental. They said they don't have a published load-pressure chart, but to provide four corner weights and they'd have their tech department get back to me. A couple days later the reply (based on my weights) was 50 psi front 55 psi rear. I run them 2-3 psi over just to be sure. Seems to handle fine at those pressures.

Philip53

2021 2500 Sprinter 170, 4 cyl gas
Hey Ken, what model Navion do you have, and what were the weights (front & rear) that you sent to Continental?

Thanks,

Philip

awaywego

2008 NCV3 2500
Michelin LTX for the last 5,000 miles. Previously Goodyear for 70k miles. Have always run 50 front 72 rear and have had even wear and great longevity.
But results vary because mine is an ERA by Winnie conversion with different weight compared to a Navion or View or other years for ERA.
I have driven with this pressure in all weather conditions and never felt unsafe. Running the same pressure, I didn't feel the need for chains or studs living in Montana or even driving between Banff and Jasper, the ultimate road test in the dead of Winter. Also have had good diesel mileage varying from 17-23 depending on terrain, wind and speed.

I use this http://util.michelintruck.com/databook/DataBook.pdf. The Goodyear is the same. I think the Conti Vango Tires with the same load rating will be equivalent. Weigh your unit. Or use 61. It's 9 psi in the fronts high and 5 in the rear for my View G.
My Mercedes Dealer changed it to 61 at the service A and I doubt I will change it.
KH 2015 View G
When I had the oil changed recently the Mercedes dealer set them all to 61 psi. I reset to 52-53 front 57-58 rear.

Philip53

2021 2500 Sprinter 170, 4 cyl gas
Thanks for the info Ken. I had my '17 J weighed several weeks ago while on a trip. It was moderately loaded, and was glad to see it was quite a bit under max weight. For comparison info, mine weighed 3800 front and 7120 rear. Wasn't able to break out left to right as this was a truck scale at a Pilot. This weight was with driver and passenger (330#s), full fuel, full fresh water, but empty gray and black tanks.

Last edited:

Top Bottom