LP tank mount on under carriage

sail_ski

Looking for info on LP tank mounted to under carriage on 2007 long body. Where is the best place to mount & how is it protected

Bob

Hit The Road Jack

2006 Roadhouse Sprinter
Looking for info on LP tank mounted to under carriage on 2007 long body. Where is the best place to mount & how is it protected

Bob
IMO, drivers side, behind fuel tank. Keep in mind a permanently mounted under chassis LP tank will not be refillable @affordable filling stations such as BJ's Wholesale Club...:hmmm:

I keep a 20lb tank inside my hitch mounted generator box...:thumbup:

Attachments

Mrdi

If it were accessible from the side would it be filable from a regular establishment?
New laws?

qualityair

'09 144" Cargo
I maybe wrong, but for a concealed tank, at the fill port must be an ASME stamp listing tank info like ... size and age etc.

ches

Are there any regulations about carrying LP tanks on the rear of a vehicle? I am thinking about being rear ended. Thanks

sail_ski

I should have clarified that tank or tanks will be removable.
I have found the NFPA Code reference NFPA 1192 — November 2001 ROP which references RV'S also there are articles in the NFPA code section 58. Now I have to read & will post what I find on this thread.

d_bertko

Why do you want a removable underside tank?

I don't need a propane supply inside my diesel-heated DIY with an all-electric kitchen. But we often bring an extensive outdoor kitchen with a bbq and oversize camp stove that run on propane. I installed a plumber's propane locker inside my van and that gives me the option to bring along a 20 to 40 lb propane tank. Works great. The 20lb bbq tank I use leaves room inside the padlocked metal locker for laptop, camera or other valuables storage.

rvdriverca

On my Pleasure way 2006 158" Sprinter motor home, the LP tank is mounted under neath the driver side behind the fuel tank. There is a small door to refill the tank from the outside. There is a switch to shut of the solenoid valve that feeds the LP to the inside for the fridge and stove and heater from this tank.:2cents:

Top Bottom