CB stuff

poolmike

'05 2500 SHC
Who has a CB?? Where is the antenna mounted??

I was thinking of mounting my Wilson antenna to the pass.side view mirror. Does anyone have any input??

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Cb's calling out a CXDX
Antenna bases can be a problem on left and right large vans as to A non grounding on plastic based mirrors and fade out as they are directional rather than omni directional.
It's been thirty years plus since i used them on 27 meg and UHF
But the best ones were rear spring mounted 2 metre whips I'd run a wire of them when at the beach, and run it into the drink Hell I had fun with those on skip, the grounding and range of the plain increased 100 fold, can't remember now getting to old to the teck terms.
Try Wilson's link for best results
if your mounting direct to mirror you will need this antenna for a separate grounding as the plastic base won't effectively work for grounding , , as for trying to SWR the thing in without a ground you'll fry it unless the technology has changed since the seventies
Catch Ya' on the coax Richard
Wilson Electronics
wilson nongrounded antenna.jpg

Joes05VC

'05 Vista Cruiser fun trk
I have a Cobra WX, everything in the mic, CB installed in my 2005 Vista Cruiser conversion (2004 long tall Sprinter). The CB's audio output is connected to a port on my Pioneer AVIC N3 so I change to that channel and can listen to sharp clear trucker talk. A radio shack antenna is roof mounted and the cable passes through a hole in the roof. The roof mount provides a great ground plain and the CB works very well.

Last edited:

hurleyskis

I had a little wilson magnetic mount just behind the radio antenna. I ran the coax down the side of the windshield in the rubber channel and into the engine compartment. It's easy to get it into the vehicle once inside the engine compartment. The little wilson is only about three feet tall.

I blew this one up (i run a little teenie tiny bit more than 5 Watts : ) ). I'm replacing it with a Wilson 1000 and plan on bending the stinger at a 45 degree angle to get the clearance i want. I'll be trying this today to see if i can still tune the antenna properly. Then i can really run some "fire in the wire" .

Top Bottom