Hiring Sprinter Mechanic in Troy MI

boardster

I'm not a mechanic, just a private Sprinter owner that drives through Troy every day.
Does anyone here know if they service vehicles other than their own specialty vehicle customer's?

leah1234

Are you asking if Hoekstra services other Sprinters that weren't purchased through them? If so, then yes we do! If I misunderstood your question let me know. Thanks!

boardster

Thanks for your reply. The Dodge dealers that performed the recall and warranty work on my '08 have both gone out of business.
I was wondering who I would trust in the future with maintaining my Sprinter, and as a 59 year resident of Michigan I know that your name/brand is as solid as they come.
I'm doing the basic routine stuff myself, but it's good to know that you guys are on board with Sprinters for when the need arises.

broadster, if you ever are in the romulus michigan, my shop is more advanced than most out here.. i've been throw in this sprinter world on accident,. i have been servicing them since 2007 ... i guess since the new version 3.0 has been out.... thats all i have worked... so since 2007 + up. i have rebuilt the engines... i have rebuilt transmission, replaced the drive shafts , intakes , dpf.. egrs , crank seals.. , brakes and rotors.. rear axle....and more... so if you ever find your self out this way and need someone 1 to check it out for your.. give me call

Shop info

Showroom productions
Auto Body & mechanical Repair
30443 ecorse rd
Romulus mi 48174
734 695-1982

leah1234

boardster glad to help, here is our shop info in Troy if you ever need it. Have a great week and thanks for your interest!

Hoekstra Specialty Vehicles, LLC.
EASTERN MICHIGAN
555 Oliver Street
Troy, MI 48084
phone: (800) 248-9951
fax: (248) 244-4297

boardster

Thanks Leah and Romulous SRS.
I had been feeling like an orphan, now I feel like part of a big family again.
I drive through Troy every day, and my son is based at DTW, so both service centers are easily accessable to me when needed.
Thanks again to both of you!

big_d

Be careful. I've had difficulty with this dealer:

- Visited twice for a/c problem. It was simple: a bad condenser. They misdiagnosed twice. Napleton Dodge in Lansing, IL figured it out on their first try.

- Had them flush and fill cooling system on a Sprinter. They didn't use mercedes-spec coolant. I had to have another shop drain it and replace with correct coolant. They refused to reimburse.

- Followed their recommendation that I replace worn driveshaft with an aftermarket solution. Aftermarket solution was not balanced properly and destroyed transmission with its vibrations. This happened concurrently on two vehicles. Replaced transmissions (a second time) and put OEM driveshafts on the vehicles. No problems with the transmissions or driveshafts since.

- Purchased two new NCV3's. They ran one through truck wash bay and scratched the *$#&&* out of the paint. Refused to reimburse for full cost ($400) of buffing out the scratches, even though they admitted they were at fault.

Last edited:

big_d

You pay close attention!

The vehicles were purchased in MI. Had difficulty with mirror repair at Hoffman Estates MB.

Top Bottom