Accessories position hot wire

Hi - I am in trouble again. The reverse camera/radio/cd etc unit I am having installed in my 2007 906 has a can bus module but it won't work in mine for some reason. So we are trying to find a wire that is live in the Accessories switch position to power it. We can find plenty of wires live in the "Ignition" position. Does anyone know the colour or location of an Accessories wire.

It doesn't appear to be in the original radio cable plug.

I have sorted out the D+ wiring (blue/yellow), and an "ignition on" live source as well from under the seat, thanks to the forum.

Rod.

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
It would really be best if you run a dedicated circuit, complete with fuse (and relay) if necessary. The factory circuits - and their associated factory components - do not take kindly toward piggy-backing additional loads.

-Jon

Hi - Thanks for the circuit pdf. It helps explain a lot.

It appears there is no way of tapping in to an accessories hot wire except through a Can-bus controller. The radio loom has a permanent live wire, but the switching to turn it on/off is done through the Can-bus signalling.

I can't find any reference to anything other than the radio which is on in the accessories position.
If there is anything else I would like to know as I might be able to pick up a hot-wire there (it would only be a small signal load as the power load is carried by the main power loom)

Unfortunately I think it is back to the equipment supplier to provide a can-bus controller which works.

Thanks to you all.
Rod (Sprinter 580)

Hi Eric. i am sorry I have just come across this reply you sent to an earlier message. I have been away, and doing all sorts of things of higher priority.

The signal I need to get access to is the one you mention - it comes on when the key is inserted. You say I can access it from the lock. Can you give me any further details? This appears to me to be the power wire which operates the radio in the standard setup, as the radio comes on when the key is inserted, whether it is turned or not. You don't know of the wire colour? Does it appear on a fuse anywhere? probably not if is on the key switch. I can't find any wire in the original radio plug which does this, but I guess that is because it is a can bus circuit.

Thanks, Rod.

Reliable

To Sprinter580,
the same wire connection you want could be most likely easily get to at the accessories socket.

Thanks Reliable, but I think the wiring you refer to is the accessories wire which is on the fuse block, and is the one my audio system is connected to. This is NOT where the original radio is connected, as it comes on when the key is inserted. The key does not have to be turned for it to come on, and it stays on for about an hour after the key is turned off, as long as the key is left in the lock. Thanks, Rod.

Reliable

Thanks Reliable, but I think the wiring you refer to is the accessories wire which is on the fuse block, and is the one my audio system is connected to. This is NOT where the original radio is connected, as it comes on when the key is inserted. The key does not have to be turned for it to come on, and it stays on for about an hour after the key is turned off, as long as the key is left in the lock. Thanks, Rod.
Because the radio is switched on/off via canbus.

Top Bottom