Power Steering Fluid for a 3131 Tin?

PeterInSa

Checked the Power steering fluid today ( on our 313 Tin) and the dip stick is between 1/2 and 3/4, so sometime in the future will need a top up. I use standard Repco Power Steering Fluid (PSF) in our Cruiser and small car.

Repco's PSF according to instructions on the container is OK for vehicle design for use in power steering vehicles that use an automatic power steering fluid such as etc etc etc.

Should not be used where Orange or green fluid is required etc etc.

The fluid in my vehicle is just an oil colour.

I would prefer to purchase a generic type fluid eg Caltex from a local carparts store that meets MB requirements eg ATP+4 (made by Caltex?) rather than a specific MB fluid.

Previous US discussion with some input from Richard/Iggy on the subject.
https://sprinter-source.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14191&highlight=power+steering+fluid

Thanks

Peter

Last edited:

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Been awhile my old friend.:thumbup:
It only costs a nickel:2cents:to save a buck,:thinking: but will it keep on going and going,, like my old girl has?
One squeaky quirk on steering once a top up fixed it, and she just keeps on going and going.
grave digger bettle juice.jpg

DSC016290 (Custom) (Custom) (Custom) (Custom) copy.jpg

Cheers Richard

PeterInSa

Richard,
Think I will give the top up a miss, reason, the level on dip stick seems to be very temperature sensitive, my level is a bit over the max 20 deg C mark, so could well be OK. At the most may need a teaspoon or 2 of PSF.

Peter

Top Bottom