martin swanty in kingman az

chop20041

Had my trans serviced at 70,000 mi for the first sevice (I thought I was over and that it needed to be done at 50,000 but manual says 80,000). I was going on a trip to Ca and was not to confident of doing it myself with the limited time i had so i decided to take it there. was pulling a trailer and noticed when i got back from the 800mi roundtrip that the front of the trailer had an oily mist all over it along with the back doors. I got under the van and went from the rear end forward there was an oily residue on the rear end drive line and followed it forward and found that the trans pan had fluid on it and 3 of the bolts have fluid dripping off of them. I did not see any fuild trail in front of the trany pan. I called the dealer and the said bring it in. When I arrive they say that they will look and if it is not the trans that there will be a 90 service fee. I am already upset because I think what else can it be? My vehicle has never leaked anything I keep up on all the maintenece, the trans was just serviced and there is fluid coming of of the pan that was just serviced!! They call me later and say that there is an "oil leak" and that they need to add dye and blacklight it. I ask them what is the charge now as it stands, they say nothing(which is opposite of what they stated when i dropped of the van) I say "dont touch it/dont do a thing" I will be there and pick it up. When i pick it up they are pushing my to get the dye test and an oil change (I always do the O/C myself). I tell them no thanks So i get it home and look it over again. Surprise the trans pan is now clean and the bolts are fluid free. I check the engine all over and there is not even a hint of oil leakage or any sign of fluid other than the trans tha caused the dirty undercariage. Needless to say i will never take the vehicle back for any service there!! They cant even fess up that they messed up on the service and they tried to sell me something i did not need.

Last edited:

Top Bottom