2007 option questions

Llarry

Llamasine driver
Seeing gerrym51's threads on seats and power vent windows reminds me that I can't exactly figure out what a couple of the other options on 2007 models are. Maybe somebody else has seen these?

Center sliding windows: Assume this is the window in the sliding door and the window directly across from the sliding door?

Sunroof/skylight/roof windows: There seems to be an electric tilt/slide skylight available only on the 170" passenger model. I note that this is the same price ($850 list) as the power sunroof which is only available on the low roof model. So if it's a small vent-type skylight, why the same price? Or is it in fact pretty much the same size as the sunroof? Cargo models seem to only have the fixed window(s) as in the last-gen models, although they also have a "cooling group" that consists of an electric roof vent.

Last edited:

cactus_clumber

I can't answer your questions, but I have a couple of my own along the same lines. I have asked two local dealerships about these items, and neither of them could answer.

Is it possible to get the 2007 cargo van with windows, insulation and wall panels (I know I can get the windows)? What I want is essentially a Passenger van with no seats, but I want the 3500 with upgraded towing capacity, so the passenger van will not work for me.

There may be more cost-effective ways to do what I want, such as visiting an upfitter after purchasing the basic van. Does anyone have suggestions?

This is my first post - I've been lurking for some time trying to get information on the 2007 Sprinters. This forum has been most helpful. Now it's about time to order a replacement for my 1997 Chevy Express dog transportation vehicle.

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Center sliding windows: Assume this is the window in the sliding door and the window directly across from the sliding door?
That's my assumption too. The only thing about the old body style sliding windows is that it forces all the rear windows to become non-tinted ones.

Sunroof/skylight/roof windows: There seems to be an electric tilt/slide skylight available only on the 170" passenger model. I note that this is the same price ($850 list) as the power sunroof which is only available on the low roof model. So if it's a small vent-type skylight, why the same price? Or is it in fact pretty much the same size as the sunroof? Cargo models seem to only have the fixed window(s) as in the last-gen models, although they also have a "cooling group" that consists of an electric roof vent.
If you look at this post...

https://sprinter-source.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3038&postcount=1

...and click on the middle link, you'll see the 144 high roof with a sunroof. I think with the 144, you can either have the sunroof or the rear a/c (camelback hump) and not both.

Is it possible to get the 2007 cargo van with windows, insulation and wall panels (I know I can get the windows)? What I want is essentially a Passenger van with no seats, but I want the 3500 with upgraded towing capacity, so the passenger van will not work for me.
It was possible for the older style vans, but no tinted windows. I would think they would let you do it for the new ones.

b5_4.JPG

I guess it's best to go see you local dealer and ask the fleet manager about these options (even they won't know for sure :shhh:).

Seek

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Seeing gerrym51's threads on seats and power vent windows reminds me that I can't exactly figure out what a couple of the other options on 2007 models are. Maybe somebody else has seen these?

Provided link answers the questions in most parts

Click link4
Alternative window options can be fitted by a RV manufacture as they have the same source for glass supply as does Dodge.
I'll post the clip to widow to night if I have time to snap the glass.

If the dealer does not know ask him to email head office fr a schematic, these exist.
Richard

Llarry

Llamasine driver
I
That's my assumption too. The only thing about the old body style sliding windows is that it forces all the rear windows to become non-tinted ones.

If you look at this post...

https://sprinter-source.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3038&postcount=1

...and click on the middle link, you'll see the 144 high roof with a sunroof. I think with the 144, you can either have the sunroof or the rear a/c (camelback hump) and not both.

It was possible for the older style vans, but no tinted windows. I would think they would let you do it for the new ones.
I played around with the configurator on the Mercedes-Benz Germany web site and it indicates that tint and sliding windows cannot both be specified. For the US market, tint is standard on a passenger model so I would think it would be OK for a US-market model.

I can't do video (poor quality dial-up; the price for living way out in the country! :rant: ) but the German option list shows an optional sunroof in the rear compartment, so I suspect the "skylight" is just a rear sunroof. It makes sense that you can't have both sunroof and rear a/c.

sikwan

06 Tin Can
I played around with the configurator on the Mercedes-Benz Germany web site and it indicates that tint and sliding windows cannot both be specified. For the US market, tint is standard on a passenger model so I would think it would be OK for a US-market model.
Sounds very similar to the order sheets for the <2006 body style. I wanted sliding windows, but not enough where I would lose my privacy and I didn't want to get aftermarket tint.

I can't do video (poor quality dial-up; the price for living way out in the country! :rant: )
Here's a pic...

sunroof.png

Looks like it's smack in the middle of where the rear camelback a/c will reside.

Seek

the two sites i have been going to to check and price options
seem to have no limitiations as far as model and roof height.

i have not tried mega roof.

the 144 passenger van with high roof has accepted all
inputs with regards to windows and roof sunvents.

no mention of losing tint if sliding windows chosen.

suggest you go to edmunds or koons websites and try to
make your van

gerry

sikwan

06 Tin Can
the 144 passenger van with high roof has accepted all
inputs with regards to windows and roof sunvents.

no mention of losing tint if sliding windows chosen.

suggest you go to edmunds or koons websites and try to
make your van
Hi Gerry:

When I was shopping for our 06 van, I went to Edmunds, Carsdirect, and KBB. I haven't tried Koons so I don't have an opinion on them.

Carsdirect was lacking (very litte information) for the Sprinter, but they're very good at getting close to pricing and options for other brands. The only sites that came close to what the fleet manager listed was Edmunds and KBB.

KBB's software setup for prices/options worked very close to the fleet manager's list. You select an option and it will either force you to choose another required option or delete one.

Edmunds on the other hand had the correct list of prices and options, but their setup didn't work quite as well as KBB. For example, I knew if I chose sliding side windows it would delete the tint. It didn't.

:idunno:

Seek

sikwan,

although i am not positive, i believe the different restrictions before
200g do not apply to 2007's.

gerry

Top Bottom