Hot Tub for Sprinter

gs850gx

Well it's snowing like crazy here so I decided to get the tub, heater, and gas out of the van and go tubbing. in about three hours I will have 250 gallons of 104 F water. This whole things takes no more space than my bicycles. Happy Camping!:rad:

Attachments

Kajtek1

2015 3500 X long limo RV
Cool idea.
Obviously with 86F on patio and pool at 72F I am at full swimming season and will probably drain my Jacuzzi tomorrow, but cool idea for having it just in case.
What motor it has?

marklg

250 gallons is 2000 lb of water! I'm doubting a full hot tub stays in the van!

I would assume it is for somewhere that you can obtain and release water. Neat idea though. If anyone gets a dishwasher, washer and dryer in a Sprinter I'll really be impressed.

Regards,

Mark

Shawn182

You keep a hot tub in your van?

There is a sprinter van build out there on the Youtubes that has a full soaking bathtub built in under the rear bench seat...but same idea, they need to have access to city water connection water and grey dump in a campsite to actually use it.

gs850gx

The green pod has a circulator motor, a blower motor for bubbles and an electric element for heat and runs off of 120 vac at 15 amps. The blower is also used to inflate the tub. However much faster to heat it with propane. Most Any 12 v circulator pump will do as long as it creates enough pressure to trigger the gas heater. So a 12v 4 amp pump should do.

It took three hours to heat the water from 50f to 104f and about 6 lbs of propane. The electric element would have taken probably 30 hours or so. The tub deflates and rolls up and the whole kit is about 80 lbs. Of course you need a good supply of water and ability to drain.

Took a long soak and sipped some vodka .

Kajtek1

2015 3500 X long limo RV
It took three hours to heat the water from 50f to 104f and about 6 lbs of propane. The electric element would have taken probably 30 hours or so..
Yeah, I thought you will have some limitations on factory design.
I have 6-person Jacuzzi with 5,000W heater and when I let temperature drop 10 degrees overnight, it takes about 1 hr to come back to 100F I usually like.
Than I have 10 hp of water jets and 1.5hp of blower. Regardless how powerful it sounds, it is not overkill for strong jets I like.
Than Sprinter is not Prevost, so we have to adjust our needs to possibilities.
Now knowing how 4 "sized" persons can fill my 600 gallons Jazzuci, I have to say that people on this picture can't be taller than 4-10"
https://i5.walmartimages.com/asr/aa...th=undefined&odnHeight=undefined&odnBg=ffffff

john61ct

full soaking bathtub built in under the rear bench seat...but same idea, they need to have access to city water connection water and grey dump in a campsite to actually use it.
No, that's why you live in your van down by the **river**

gs850gx

Ha, Four people in the tub would be very friendly:bounce: 2 can stretch out nicely. There is a 4 person and a 4-6 person which is slightly larger and the one I'm using. Manufacturer claims 242 gallons and 2100 lbs filled.

I was lucky to get mine about 3 years ago during a Walmart sale for $320 shipped and have really used it a lot in the spring and fall, mainly in my yard. The bubble action is surprisingly good.

Setting this up in your friends back yard is a good way to get invited back to their driveway, assuming that is they are somewhere close to where you want to be.

Throwing it out as a possibility not often considered or perhaps not thought practical. This is definitely portable and doable.

Top Bottom