Hitch for 118" Sprinter and Motorcycle Carrier

patkevin

I am contemplating the purchase of a 118" Sprinter (not many of these left at dealers).

I would like to be able to carry a motorcycle on the back (like SIKWAN's profile photo).

Can anyone confirm that a hitch is available for the 118" Sprinter that does not require the spare tire to be removed?

Another post by "michigandon" mentions that such a unit is available from www.sprinteraccessories.com.

If so, I would like to use it with something like the MOTO-TOTE 2004 motorcycle carrier (link below):

http://www.mototote.com/default.aspx?ProductID=44

If a hitch is available for the 118" Sprinter, its Tongue Weight capacity would need to be 500 pounds to accommodate the Kawasaki KLR 650 with fuel and the 90 pound weight of the motorcycle carrier.

Any info on the subject would be appreciated!

sikwan

06 Tin Can
I am contemplating the purchase of a 118" Sprinter (not many of these left at dealers).
Any reason why you don't want the 140? The price is not that much of a difference and it's nice to have that extra room.

I would like to be able to carry a motorcycle on the back (like SIKWAN's profile photo).

Can anyone confirm that a hitch is available for the 118" Sprinter that does not require the spare tire to be removed?

Another post by "michigandon" mentions that such a unit is available from www.sprinteraccessories.com.
It exists, but the tongue weight is probably 500lb max.

If so, I would like to use it with something like the MOTO-TOTE 2004 motorcycle carrier (link below):

http://www.mototote.com/default.aspx?ProductID=44

If a hitch is available for the 118" Sprinter, its Tongue Weight capacity would need to be 500 pounds to accommodate the Kawasaki KLR 650 with fuel and the 90 pound weight of the motorcycle carrier.

Any info on the subject would be appreciated!
I don't think it'll work. Well it'll work, but you'll be coming close to the 500lb tongue weight. KLR650 dry weight is 337lb + carrier 90lbs = 427lbs and the weight is leveraged which means the weight where the hitch pin is will probably be more than 500lbs. And this doesn't even include the fluids.

The only hitch that is rated Class IV (1000lb) is the Curt hitch and they only make it for the 140 and 158.

:idunno:

Seek

Top Bottom