new guy introduction

krisinak

hello all, i just home with my new-to-me '06 adventurous. i look forward to benefiting from you more experienced owners. the trip from new orleans to western montana was a delightful 4 days. we are super pleased with the van. i am , however, a bit confused as to why each front seat is equipped with one adjustable armrest, and one non-adjustable armrest. can anyone shed light on this? thanks, kris

NelsonSprinter

Former Nelson BC Sprinter
Welcome newcomer to the forum !
We try to shed light on the deepest mysteries of this van, but armrests are still unsolved to me.
Mine came with 1 adjustable armrest and no instructions on how to adjust the multi-adjustable seat, I just recently discovered there is a rubber bladder under the seat to inflate something somewhere :thumbup:

sailquik

krisinak,
Is your new to you Sprinter an RV conversion?
Do you have swivel seats or suspension seats?
How many miles on your Sprinter?
Perhaps someone changed out the arm rests because the mechanism wore out.
All my Sprinters have had 2 adjustable arm rests on each front seat.
Nelson Sprinter, the rubber bladder inflates the lumbar back support.
Roger

obgraham

Actually, Krisinak, you have just encountered one of a number of odd Roadtrek quirks. There are a number of models with some seats with full adjustable armrests and some with nonadjustable or partially adjustable armrests.
None of us has ever come up with a reason they are this way. They just are!

Despite some of these strange configurations, most of us are very pleased with their RT, and I expect you will be too!

GaryJ

Here since 2006
I have two 06 Sprinters and each of them came with an adjustable arm rest on the inner side of each front seat, and the arm rest built into the door panel for the outer side of each seat. Adjustable arm rests can be installed on the outer side of the seats as the seats are pre tapped for the mounting bolt. I haven't done this modification but others on this site have. You could try the search for "arm rest".

Gary

krisinak

thanks for all the responses. a few years back i bought some sprinter seats from ebay van converter. they had 2 adjustable arm rests. i am beginning to think sprinters and unimogs share the characteristic of a zillion different equipment configurations. cheers,kris

LeighZ

I have two 06 Sprinters and each of them came with an adjustable arm rest on the inner side of each front seat, and the arm rest built into the door panel for the outer side of each seat. Adjustable arm rests can be installed on the outer side of the seats as the seats are pre tapped for the mounting bolt. I haven't done this modification but others on this site have. You could try the search for "arm rest".

Gary
Hi Gary,
We are currently looking for an RS Adventurous built on the 06 Sprinter. Have you had any issues getting your two 06 Sprinters smog certified in California?
Thanks,
Leigh

LeighZ

hello all, i just home with my new-to-me '06 adventurous. i look forward to benefiting from you more experienced owners. the trip from new orleans to western montana was a delightful 4 days. we are super pleased with the van. i am , however, a bit confused as to why each front seat is equipped with one adjustable armrest, and one non-adjustable armrest. can anyone shed light on this? thanks, kris
Congrats! We are looking for the same vehicle! Do you have any tips?
Thanks,
Leigh

Aggie

2010 Roadtrek SS Ideal
I recall using enough force to actually adjust the non-adjustable rest by simply pushing / pulling on the rest. It keeps the same range of motion but can be adjusted to one acceptable "down" position and still fold up to the "out of the way" position also.

GaryJ

Here since 2006
LeighZ,

I think the California smog change happened last May and I haven't had to face it yet. If one of them fails smog because of the EGR, I'll go with the Green Diesel tune. Its not right that we should have to do this to pass smog but what's the alternative? And I just might love the tune as others do...

Gary

Top Bottom