Need some help on some pictures

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Is anyone using a browser that is NOT IE (Internet Explorer)?

If yes, can you please...
...clear your browser cache.
...delete your cookies.

https://sprinter-source.com/forums/showthread.php?t=543

Do you see the 1st picture or do you see something similar to this?...

Name: DSCF0002.JPG Views: 88 Size: 69.5 KB
Packed up and ready to go.

I can't see the photo unless, I right click it and choose view image (it'll ask me to log in), I relogin, see the picture, and every thread thereafter, I will be able to see images.

Essentially, I have to log in twice if the cache or cookies are cleared.

Thanks,
Seek

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Hi Seek this happens on fire fox as well its common though I found it usually happens when the server is busy:idunno:
Richard
So it is happening. :thumbup:

This is actually not good. I've tried on konqueror (linux), mozilla (linux), and firefox (xp) and they all exhibit it. Only IE6 doesn't do it.

It should not be the server, because there's not enough people online to cause this to happen and we have a lot of bandwidth.

I'm trying to get some help from vB on this issue.

Thanks,
Seek

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Thanks George:

You have to log in though. I don't see you logged at the upper right...

Looks like this...
view.jpg
The picture is suppose to show up, but it doesn't. Only the stats show up.

Thanks again,
Seek

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Example if you put in one photo or four separate photos from attachments
as photo one indicates these will some time not show up as a photo but as the reference to it as Seek has showed.
If you use the latter from attachments insert all they are not an issue unless there a five of them the last sometimes does not appear but the reference to it does remain so right click to view.
It seems to appear when some one else is replying to a thread elsewhere on the forum sending say the message or with an attachment, then the server slows down This happened last night I saw it as I use triple computers at work for separate purposes I just happened to have two of the three on to the same link, one showing who's on line the other was showing todays posts.
The system slowed on sprinter source I also noticed six spider bots viewing attachments on postings as well.
One of my servers was running explorer beta 7 , the other running Firefox with turbo boost.
Jut to add to the confusion:idunno:
400px-Skull_and_crossbones.svg.png

example one.jpg

example 2.jpg
RichardView attachment 1190

View attachment 1193

Last edited:

georgetg

2005 140" low roof
ok now I know what you are talking about...

logged in,

this is what I get:

click on the icons reloging and everything is good...

could it be a clock/time issue?

I've seen this with other vB forums

Cheers
George

Attachments

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Thank George! :thumbup:

Hmmm, it's a problem with other vB forums, huh. I was thinking it might be a cookie issue where only the second cookie setting decides on whether you see the inline images.

I guess I gotta go complain to vB.

Seek

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Example if you put in one photo or four separate photos from attachments
as photo one indicates these will some time not show up as a photo but as the reference to it as Seek has showed.
If you use the latter from attachments insert all they are not an issue unless there a five of them the last sometimes does not appear but the reference to it does remain so right click to view.
I've see this as well. Sometimes a refresh fixes it.

Another is if you do NOT insert pictures as , and let the forum insert the pictures after your text, then you will not have any problems seeing. Most of George's posts/threads are like this so I can see the pictures without logging in the 2nd time.

It seems to appear when some one else is replying to a thread elsewhere on the forum sending say the message or with an attachment, then the server slows down This happened last night I saw it as I use triple computers at work for separate purposes I just happened to have two of the three on to the same link, one showing who's on line the other was showing todays posts.
The system slowed on sprinter source I also noticed six spider bots viewing attachments on postings as well.
One of my servers was running explorer beta 7 , the other running Firefox with turbo boost.
Hmmm...what were you doing when it slowed and how do you know it slowed? Sometimes I find I have to click on a link the 2nd time, but that could be other issues.

Thanks,
Seek

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Hi seek
I run three PC's at once quite often, information guru:laughing:
If for instance last night, yesterday there were six spiders on the prowl one was viewing attachments two members and one was writing a reply
on my end I used another PC to see what was being posted as the server at your end blimps momentarily in less than a half second.
The thread was indicated on todays post as sent through for all to view OK.
Sometimes the forum slows right down and it is slow to respond between photos or say switching from post to post in browsing, between the forums.
This is not because my system has a heavy use on the Mbps because of community use in my area as if I switch to another forum! Whatever say blog one and blog tow it's running at the normal response times.
There have been the odd time outs where it did not go to another program on our sprinter-source forum, this can mean an issue at your end with server speed, in peak period or whatever.
It can also mean slow response flickering on the screen from my end means you may have a corrupt spy testing your box to see how strong it is before breaking the code to get into it.
This also is exactly what happened with another program in Canada using the same sytem you have and it was crashed, slowed down in the same manor as from What I was viewing last night, of course this is from this end, and your sytem should be showing speed downtime and or security alerts as to a possible bug issue or hacking going on.
But it's a thought just that. as to how I've viewed an attacker doing it looking in.
PS My system runs dual servers in series as to other uses, no comment on that, so speed and downtime is not an issue with me as Iknow what is being maintained and if I have a possible attack on the system at this end, virus well they go with the day and they get sorted anyway.
Again a possible thought no way of supporting the theory bit it has happened.
Richard

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Update:

I got one of the vB guys to take a look at over the weekend and he didn't find anything. I knew I could consistently duplicated it on my side using different computers and browsers, except IE6, but to no avail on the vB support side.

I had a hunch that it was a cookie problem so I made a small change to how the vB sets its cookies. Apparently it fixed it for me and I hope it doesn't create an impact on others.

So if this is a problem for anyone, let me know what we can do.

Thanks,
Seek

Top Bottom