iPhone attach to built in phone mount?

Happy

Did a quick road trip last weekend up to Humbolt Redwoods State Park, very nice. During the trip I noticed that the
iPhone does sort of fit into the useless integrated phone holder thing that is bolted to the dash to the right of the wheel. Using a rubberband, I got it to stick in there kind of Ok.

Thinking about this some more though, I realized it should be possible to tie into power and the GSM antenna
via the connectors in the top of this useless phone integrated bracket thing.

Tonight I was taking my first class at TechShop (http:/www.techshop.ws) and I realized with access to that kind of tools I could probably make a very nice adapter to at the very least physically hold the iPhone in place on this bracket thingie. So, I'm going to do that.

Why I'm posting this is - who else is interested? If I just do one for myself I'll probably make it out of carbon fiber, if a dozen of you wanted one, I'd alter the thinking from the get go to be something that was easier to produce in quantity.

At this time I'm mostly just thinking about the physical design of the iphone to useless dash bracket adapter. Next weekend I'll start digging into the connector provided on the dash to see what it might be able to offer to the phone.

My van does have the full phone package into the Sound 20, I'm just not plunking down $500 for a bracket to hook up a four year old cell phone into this thing.

Happy

Top Bottom