Local source for filters

geoffs

2003 T1N 316CDI LWB
An oil change is due and I've spoken with Altered Sprinter and he tells me that it will cost me $74 for an oil filter . While I don't want to end up with an inferior product, there must be a suitable alternative at a better price.
What do other Ozzie sprinter owners do for filters? Lot's of online offers but none that I've seen are local. No problem in waiting another week or so if I need to get one/some overseas.
Perhaps other owners would like to get in on a bulk purchase?

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
An oil change is due and I've spoken with Altered Sprinter and he tells me that it will cost me $74 for an oil filter . While I don't want to end up with an inferior product, there must be a suitable alternative at a better price.
What do other Ozzie sprinter owners do for filters? Lot's of online offers but none that I've seen are local. No problem in waiting another week or so if I need to get one/some overseas.
Perhaps other owners would like to get in on a bulk purchase?
Fuel filters sand oil filters the latter is way cheaper.
DSC02430 (Custom) copy.jpg
DSC02432 (Custom) copy.jpg
The problem I have encountered is the flute design as to thickness variations including the taper of the flute. , the older existing rubber fuel connections just do not correctly fit and can blow under pressure.
DSC00164 (Custom).JPG
DSC00172 (Custom).JPG
DSC00167 (Custom).JPG
Stay with OEM
Richard

owner

Oz '03 316CDI LWB ex-Ambo Patient Transport
Did you try http://www.europartsonline.com.au/

They are pretty much always about half the MB price for the exact same genuine parts. Not as cheap as some offshore options, but they are good for local prices and the stuff usually arrives within a few days.

I see they are setting up their online shop, that is new. I've been buying parts from them for 4 years now without an issue. Just request a quote for what you need providing your VIN and they will get back to you within a day with prices.

I just had a look at their website and for example their Hengst Sprinter OM612 Fuel filter is $47.60
http://store.europartsonline.com.au/fuel-filter-sprinter-mercedes-6120920001.html

geoffs

2003 T1N 316CDI LWB
Thanks,
Did a quick search for oil filters but nothing popped up. I'll try doing an online quote.

Amboman

I visited the Mercedes dealer in Campbellfield and got the engine oil filter and oil transmission kit
both for under $40 which sort of surprised me as the Holden transmission kit is $55

I just rang MB service center in Brisbane for Engine Oil filter (315 - yr 2008) and was quoted $16.95!! They needed VIN number to find the price. I will pick up one tomorrow.

geoffs

2003 T1N 316CDI LWB
I just called the local MB dealer, actually the only one in the state, to get prices for filters.
Current price, including GST:

Fuel filter $89.50
Air filter $50.30
Oil filter $16.00

Given that Richard quoted a price of $74 in previous posts, I guess I misunderstood and he was quoting the fuel filter price, not oil filter. :doh:

After all this discussion of oil changes, I realised that I hadn't checked the oil for a while. Added over 1 litre to bring it up to level but will check again next time I'm on level ground. 4 litres of Mobil1 0W40 - $96

Last edited:

416cdi

04 LWB 416cdi T1N OM612 rust-bucket
So in the end what was your decision? Europarts online? I would like to have the best filters and fluids from now on and I am due for a service as well.

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Beware of after market filters some are fleece center filled its a weak point if your running 30 thousand Kilometer long range oil changes
Hengst 611 180 00 99 are one to be wary of.
006 (Custom).JPG

Geoffs, I recently bought three filters, air, fuel and air for my 313 from a Sydney filter shop listed on eBay for $68 plus postage. They were "Mann" brand and according to the dealer are frequently used by MB as replacements.
Air C32-338
Oil HU718/1k
Fuel WK842/13
They all fitted OK.
BTW also did an oil change Mobil1 0w40 10 litres from a firm at Eastwood in Sydney also on eBay, cost was from memory $129 free postage

Rob.

Last edited:

geoffs

2003 T1N 316CDI LWB
I'm not sure what brand they ended up being but as Richard supplied them, I'm sure they were OEM.

Thanks for the eBay link, it will be handy next time I need to do an oil change or replace the fuel filter..

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Geoff's oil filter is Mercedes OEM...... Air filters are Hengst, as there is little or no difference between the two. expect the dirt they collect.
DSC03592 (Custom).JPG

DSC03583 (Custom).JPG

DSC03636 (Custom).JPG

DSC03613 (Custom).JPG

DSC03642 (Custom).JPG
Richard

416cdi

04 LWB 416cdi T1N OM612 rust-bucket
Love all the pics you post in this forum Richard :thumbup:, Im a very visual person so much appreciated. Can I buy all the servicing stuff online? Or is there somewhere you would recommend in Sydney I can pick up?

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
OIL 0W-40 two five liter jugs from Repco or auto cheap at a guess,
Both oil and fuel filters MB E bay isn't that cheap but some prefer to buy online. or call down home I'm Tassies biggest stockist...:lol:
DSC03677 (Custom).JPG

fluids 002 (Custom) copy.jpg
Richard

Top Bottom