15 Tyres.......

bladerunner

Hi...me again:thinking:

Anybody running Hankook RWO 6 tyres on their Sprinter?

Been trying to find a tread pattern pic on the Hankook site and the net with zilch luck.:yell:

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
That was the one I was thinking about it's refered to as a Winter tire but looks very similar to the standard bridgestone tire if I'm right it's silicone based tire. and does not age.
Richard

bladerunner

Hi Richard......looked on the site.......before & now and can't find any RWO 6 designation :idunno:

And I am not even blond...........more like bald.........maybe thats the prob?:lol:

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Hi Richard......looked on the site.......before & now and can't find any RWO 6 designation :idunno:

And I am not even blond...........more like bald.........maybe thats the prob?:lol:
Loke up blonde on Blonde it's a new tire but has been relased some time back there is KUMO an all season tire.
Thinking about your thoughts a six ply tire can be placed on your van that would offer more all round traction but to be legal your van has to be weight de-rated by Vic Transport to under 3 T or to be exact 2.8T so the badging on your van would then be rated 213 Cdi
This model Sprinter is available in AUS so it can be done.
Richard

bladerunner

Loke up blonde on Blonde it's a new tire but has been relased some time back there is KUMO an all season tire.
Thinking about your thoughts a six ply tire can be placed on your van that would offer more all round traction but to be legal your van has to be weight de-rated by Vic Transport to under 3 T or to be exact 2.8T so the badging on your van would then be rated 213 Cdi
This model Sprinter is available in AUS so it can be done.
Richard
I have heard about the 'rebadging' option............been told the dirt bikers do it so that they can put fat 4WD tyres & rims on their rigs.......however they tell me its a pain in the arse costly exercise with engineering certificates & more.:idunno:

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
I have heard about the 'rebadging' option............been told the dirt bikers do it so that they can put fat 4WD tyres & rims on their rigs.......however they tell me its a pain in the arse costly exercise with engineering certificates & more.:idunno:
Engineering certificates of compliance are only required such as welding modifications, that are subject as to changing the structural integrity,as to to mechanical variants.This falls into AUS/NZ ADR regulations.

To have your vans GVM de-rated is simply a change to a lower GVM; meaning your van is after approval rated 2.8 GVM this then also solves your modification of de-weighting. to satisfy your insurance company that the lesser tire is safe for the lower weight.

NOTE: in doing this modification in effect you cut your load carrying capacity in half to a bout 800 Kg max.

The problem is not the tire so much, it's the type you have as to Summer Tire Highway use. but equally as to a Manual-Transmission; the first and reverse are too higher geared; for a slower take-off on say damp grass, or a hard sub-clay packed dirt road with a marbling like fine dust road based lose surface. or say sand, where you just bog down.

Automatics are designed for a slower speed take off, your option of either fully 5-speed automatic, or clutchless six speed Sprint-shift but again the final axle ratio on your van is not set for off road surfaces, mind you that was never a priority with the Tins or the current NCV models, this has been since rectified, with the New 2nd generation NCV 2009 August Euro 5 month delay for Aus and I won't go into that one. Of which has a brand new Manual transmission with first gear being set for a slow take off and reverse same deal [two variant options for a manual Transmission] Designed for building sites, or off road use where it is an issue getting into the sites under various weather type conditions, where inclines are varying. the ABS system can't adequately handle the extreme conditions. hence ASR-ABS manual cut off.

If you looked at Australian states as where the sprinters are prominently sold S/A W/A NSW and upper Queensland, used sprint-shift as to back roads non-sealed full automatics were proven to be a total failure in Australia as to the GVM ratings from 2.8T to 616T variants. 4x4 Sprinters were limited to the public but based on outback serviceability being not available, was the main reason for holding back on these, variants.

Bearing in mind I know how many automatics failed in both Mercedes and VW as to the nag1 4-speed-5-speed was taken directly from the sedan and was not rated to be over 3.2 GVM NCV 2006 was a redesigned H/D transmission which had little problems if used correctly.

Finding the right tire is a hard call as to the above..
Richard

bladerunner

Engineering certificates of compliance are only required such as welding modifications, that are subject as to changing the structural integrity,as to to mechanical variants.This falls into AUS/NZ ADR regulations.

To have your vans GVM de-rated is simply a change to a lower GVM; meaning your van is after approval rated 2.8 GVM this then also solves your modification of de-weighting. to satisfy your insurance company that the lesser tire is safe for the lower weight.

NOTE: in doing this modification in effect you cut your load carrying capacity in half to a bout 800 Kg max.

The problem is not the tire so much, it's the type you have as to Summer Tire Highway use. but equally as to a Manual-Transmission; the first and reverse are too higher geared; for a slower take-off on say damp grass, or a hard sub-clay packed dirt road with a marbling like fine dust road based lose surface. or say sand, where you just bog down.

Automatics are designed for a slower speed take off, your option of either fully 5-speed automatic, or clutchless six speed Sprint-shift but again the final axle ratio on your van is not set for off road surfaces, mind you that was never a priority with the Tins or the current NCV models, this has been since rectified, with the New 2nd generation NCV 2009 August Euro 5 month delay for Aus and I won't go into that one. Of which has a brand new Manual transmission with first gear being set for a slow take off and reverse same deal [two variant options for a manual Transmission] Designed for building sites, or off road use where it is an issue getting into the sites under various weather type conditions, where inclines are varying. the ABS system can't adequately handle the extreme conditions. hence ASR-ABS manual cut off.

If you looked at Australian states as where the sprinters are prominently sold S/A W/A NSW and upper Queensland, used sprint-shift as to back roads non-sealed full automatics were proven to be a total failure in Australia as to the GVM ratings from 2.8T to 616T variants. 4x4 Sprinters were limited to the public but based on outback serviceability being not available, was the main reason for holding back on these, variants.

Bearing in mind I know how many automatics failed in both Mercedes and VW as to the nag1 4-speed-5-speed was taken directly from the sedan and was not rated to be over 3.2 GVM NCV 2006 was a redesigned H/D transmission which had little problems if used correctly.

Finding the right tire is a hard call as to the above..
Richard
Hi Richard.......

And what is the specific way/method of putting it in place, so that the insurance Co is happy?

BTW any idea what the max width tyre will go on my rims without scraping/touching or be non legal...ie would a 235/75/15 fit/suit?

Oh and btw the Hankook RWO 6 is no more open treaded than whats on there at the momment.:thumbdown:

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
eight ply is based on Load ratings, your van is about 2000kg empty camper fit out not to heavy brings it up to 2.6GM leaving you with 200 KG to play with so a lighter side wall tire will work look at vitos, Toyota's Mitsubishi, vans etc all are rated 2.8 GM once approval is given , and if in the event of an accident the insurance company can not get out of the claim but can if it's not compliant and they do it all the time.
235 Kia did it before he went on a trip overseas but I know he had to chase one that actual fitted, and note 4x4 units are higher therefore more clearance.
Richard

bladerunner

eight ply is based on Load ratings, your van is about 2000kg empty camper fit out not to heavy brings it up to 2.6GM leaving you with 200 KG to play with so a lighter side wall tire will work look at vitos, Toyota's Mitsubishi, vans etc all are rated 2.8 GM once approval is given , and if in the event of an accident the insurance company can not get out of the claim but can if it's not compliant and they do it all the time.
235 Kia did it before he went on a trip overseas but I know he had to chase one that actual fitted, and note 4x4 units are higher therefore more clearance.
Richard

Hi Richard...........did you post that before or after I asked................:thinking:

And what is the specific way/method of putting it in place, so that the insurance Co is happy?

BTW any idea what the max width tyre will go on my rims without scraping/touching or be non legal...ie would a 235/75/15 fit/suit?

???

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
After 10 minutes.
I can't answer the question as to how a tire is set up by various companies products. "everything keeps changing", there is not a lot of room to move up front, stacks in the rear but the front is limited especially under breaking and turning at the same time, it's where you are totally in reliance of a tire salesman that will take the time to look and figure it out. There are up lifters and including Mechanical alterations as to Mercedes on special orders, but no one will pay for them and I'm not entering into it either, please don't ask.
Richard

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
No Ply rating ? on them 1100 for a Subaru I don't think so but will handle at least 2.6 T ask for ply rating Oh they are a good tyre for marbling
Richard

bladerunner

Ok somebody enlighten me please.........

2002 T1N 15" rims.......................what width are the rims please?:idunno:

:cheers:

bladerunner

OK..................

q1. Was the question to hard?

q2.Are you Guys pissed off with me and won't answer my questions?

q3. Like me...............You don't know?

q4. All of the above?

q5. :idunno::idunno::idunno:

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Christ I heard you blowin taps from the lounge room I'm old and need my rest:tongue:
6'':thumbup: 235 fits :thumbup: not a problem if you get the right profile weight tolerance 1000Kg per tire problem is your speed will increase show normal 100 KLM actual after tire upgrade 105.4 KLM
Down side Mercedes can't recalibrate the ecu as they don't have the software or access to the optional board EZS board:thumbdown:
Richard

bladerunner

Ok Guys...............what will happen ......at the moment I have 225/70/15" tyres all round and if I change the two rears to 235/75/15"s??:idunno:

Top Bottom