power lock problem

cheapbikeguy

my 06 sprinter did not come with a manual and the power locks lock after every time i move and shut off the van a real pain after i walk to the rear doors to find them locked time after time. then when i push the unlock button on the dash the doors unlock then relock the instant i let go of the button, then the second time i unlock they will stay unlocked untill i start the van again and i start from scratch. im sure i must be able to change that or i will have to disconnect the power locks.
thanx in advance:thinking:

mendonsy

Did you clean the connections on the door contact pins. Those can cause strange problems.
I had a similar problem with the sliding door on our '06. It turned out to be a bad switch in the door actuator. Replacing the actuator fixed it.

General Disarray

2012 NCV3 170" Hightop
What's the best way to clean the contacts? My rear locks itself when I try to pull it open. I have to open it from inside. :cry:

mendonsy

What's the best way to clean the contacts? My rear locks itself when I try to pull it open. I have to open it from inside. :cry:
Use some fine sandpaper or a Scotchbrite pad (the rough side of a scrubber sponge).
Anything that makes the brass shiny is good, but stay away from chemical cleaners. :2cents:

Use some fine sandpaper
but stay away from chemical cleaners. :2cents:
Really fine sandpaper, but I'd avoid it. Good comment about the chemical cleaners. I've found a pencil eraser is often enough to clean them. Cheap and readily available. If the contact buttons show a particularly bad spot sometimes you can shift them a bit in the rubber mount so they hit/make contact in a different spot. vic

galvinize

The following directions are from the 2003 Sprinter Owners Manual:

To switch off central locking:

Turn the ignition key to position 2.

Press the central locking switch at the bottom and hold it for about 5 seconds. The right indicator light will flash twice. Automatic locking when the engine is started is switched off.

If you want to re-activate the central locking, repeat the above procedure. The right indicator light will flash four times. Automatic locking is reactivated.

Dougflas

DAD OWNER
Also, remove the inner handle (two phillips screws, one is behind a plug) You see a spring loaded lever. Lubricate this area and your problem may be cured.

Top Bottom